Topic: generate inf file and put together all mass storage drivers

Hello, after I search through driverpacks forums a lot... I didn't manage to find an answer to following situation:

1. Get all the mass storage drivers, from all subdirectories like "\D\M\3" ... IN A SINGLE DIRECTORY and
2. Get all the inf files from the same subdirectories "\D\M\3" ... in a single inf file, in the same directory like the before.

Why is that? Because I need to read only one inf file and localize the right sys and cat files in the same directory when the mass storage driver detection will occur.

Re: generate inf file and put together all mass storage drivers

It is not feasable to have them all in one folder with one inf...

you could combine an handful of non conflicting drivers this way with some limited success.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Besides, that would most likely break driver-signing.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Ok, it seems so, but I was aware of these ... but nevertheless I need this approach... any practical idea how to do this ?

given the fact that many many drivers share common names and have internal references to those names.

you would need a good hex editor and about 6 months of testing and a few hundred available testers...
until the updates came out for those drivers... then you would be back to square one. many of the most popular drivers are released monthly... so you could never keep up with the workload.

it is likely that after you hex edited the driver and related support files many of the drivers would simply fail to function as expected... signing is required to install many drivers your method will absolutely break signing so many more of your drivers would fail on signing issues. so now we have the set that cannot be edited (leaving you with choose one driver or another not both) and then anything that insisted on signing could simply not be included so you would loose 20 to 30 percent of your drivers right out of the chute... the remaining 80 percent would likely be unstable if hacked. A hacked driver would certainly not be eligible for any type of support.

So I will repeat myself you can have limited success on a limited range of hardware very limited.

I will not say it is not possable
- because it is possable
- It would take so much time and effort to deal with it that windows 8 would be out before it was done...

there is NO PRACTICAL WAY to make this work... sorry

I like the idea... really it is good thinking - it just won't be a good thing.

Perhaps if you tell us why you want this then we can offer you a better (more viable) solution than this

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Oh, it's very kind of you that you show such an interes to this topic... I want to use the unique inf file and a way to point to sys and other files (inside of inf or not...) to use with apps like ShadowProtect or Acronis Universal Restore without knowing apriori what kind of chipset === mass storage does have the motherboard, because when those apps load the inf to parse by themselves and make the selection based on vendor id's etc... I need to correctly identify and install mass storage drivers.
   I don't want to use any automated way to install apps AFTER the installation of OS but rather to clone the image on a pilot system and restore on a new system and at the final of cloning, all apps and os would be ready to go.

please read up on howto with sysprep here at DriverPacks...

your method will not work...

I sure wish it were that easy... It is not...
Driver providers across the board are complete idiots.
They are oblivious to how their drivers interact with other drivers including their own...
In fact some of the worst driver conflicts are created by two drivers from the same source (Nvidia for example).

the methods detailed in this forum (Universal imaging) will...