Topic: Dell 531S - Please help me get 64-bit drivers for XP?

Would any of you please tell me where to find a drivers pack for XP Pro (64-bit) that can work on Dell Inspiron 531S? The official Dell website does not offer such drivers. It only offers 32-bit drivers for that type of computer.

I'm searching for 64-bit drivers for XP is because I have no interest in using Windows Vista or any 32-bit operating systems from Microsoft. Like I mentioned before, the Dell website is not offering the proper drivers I need for this computer and the Windows XP (64-bit).

I've read articles about getting 64-bit drivers to work on that computer, but I haven't found any website that offers the same drivers. I'm basically on my own, according to this Dell expert (see below). That person told me about the drivers without sharing 1 single link to download the 64-bit drivers (or chipset) for XP, which he/she mentioned:

Dell does not support 64 bit in that model and the reason there are no drivers. You are basically "on your own" to try and find suitable drivers.

However, if you installed the Chipset drivers, Windows should either install a generic driver or find suitable drivers.

The correct install sequence is (1) Install Windows (2) Install chipset driver (3) Install Device Drivers.

On Intel systems the chipset drivers define what is on or attached to the motherboard. I assume the AMD drivers do the same thing.

Re: Dell 531S - Please help me get 64-bit drivers for XP?

We do not support XP x64...

Even the lamest attempt at a search of our forum would have yielded you that answer...
since you were also unable to find the reference drivers I assume this is a little over your head.

You just want it, you don't even know why you want it,
or how it works, or what the disadvantages are.
You are probably determined to do this because
someone who probably knows even less about it than you do told you it was a good thing...
It is not a good thing

The Short story is XP x64 is Junk... It is at least as much garbage as Vista is.
MS doesn't even support it... it was / is a poor attempt at 2k3 workstation.

If you want a decent x64 support win7 is your best option ATM

PS - The Dell guy DID tell you where to get drivers...
Key Word "ChipSet"...  IE Nvidia wink
He also tried to tell you XP x64 was a bad plan...
- Do you think Dell does not have the resources to support any 'viable' OS?
     * It is not supported for a reason tongue (perhaps many reasons wink)
you were (are?) not listening...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Where exactly, in that person's message does she/he say, nVidia? Did you know I did search your forum for answers to my driver-related questions before I posted (above)? Obviously, you're not thinking straight.

You have not shown anything to prove your assumptions are worth 2 cents. You claimed that XP 64-bit is "junk", but where's your evidence to prove that? Do you think you're 1 of the leading experts on Dell computers or Microsoft operating systems?

You've made many assumptions, but you've failed to show me facts.

You assume too much. That's why you're a moron. Tell me the truth, and stop lying out of your ass. Your forum is almost as shitty as your mind. Your ignorance shines. It's hard to miss, when your head isn't stuck up your ass, and you have no idea which direction leads to the exit. You're lost in your own asshole.

Last edited by NewsAndHistory (2009-05-09 06:49:08)

---- edit

NewsAndHistory wrote:

Where exactly, in that person's message does she/he say, nVidia? Did you know I did search your forum for answers to my driver-related questions before I posted (above)? Obviously, you're not thinking straight.

You have not shown anything to prove your assumptions are worth 2 cents. You claimed that XP 64-bit is "junk", but where's your evidence to prove that? Do you think you're 1 of the leading experts on Dell computers or Microsoft operating systems?

You've made many assumptions, but you've failed to show me facts.

You assume too much. That's why you're a moron. Tell me the truth, and stop lying out of your ass. Your forum is almost as shitty as your mind. Your ignorance shines. It's hard to miss, when your head isn't stuck up your ass, and you have no idea which direction leads to the exit. You're lost in your own asshole.

Your proof was provided by you... (would you like a link to that?)
Dell doesn't support it... (Can we assume Dell is a leading expert on Dell computers?)
That is proof enough for an intelligent person.

Do you think you're 1 of the leading experts on Dell computers or Microsoft operating systems?

Since I have been into computers since 1968 and started my MicroSoft education with the release of DOS 1...
Have a college degree in programming. Have personally serviced many thousands of Dells with every imaginable MS OS on them, over a period of several decades. (I think a Compaq even managed to slip in there once. wink)

- I would say YES I am - One of many thousands of leading experts...
- The ENTIRE DriverPacks Team has credentials that are just as good, or better...
- this ain't the 'kiddy korner' buddy
- DriverPacks is downloaded at the rate of a million times a day (note there are no support issues)
- We all have already earned our reputations, many times over.

The members of the DriverPacks Team ARE the leading experts on drivers for MS OS's. (and install, maint, repair of) 
At least everyone who publishes DriverPacks in all of the many magazine guides, Blogs, and our hundreds of millions of users all think and say so.
---- edit

LOL - I am a moron... LOL

Where exactly, in that person's message does she/he say, nVidia?

UM... 
You gave me that info yourself. . .  (Moron)
- I ask Google,  Dell Inspiron 531S has What Chipset? - Answer:  Nvidia
I know this must seem like brain surgery to someone with your skill level... (Skill level ID ten T)
let me write it in big letters for you  HTTP://GOOGLE.COM  (unlike the Dell rep I gave you a link wink)
I'm truly sorry for your complete ignorance and total lack of initiative.
   Obviously one of us is not thinking straight (Or at all for that matter)... (hint: it is not me)
   I do not assume... you are just obtuse.  That just makes it seem like I assumed.
   Because you are not smart enough to connect the dots yourself does not automatically make my answer an assumption.
   I Researched the facts you gave me... Something you should have done yourself, but are obviously incapable.
   (so you are either too ignorant or too lazy... you pick - but the answer given is valid and not assumed at all)
If you can't figure out on your own what chipset YOU have on YOUR PC then you are in WAY OVER your head. (blatant fact)
- you need to face facts,
1 You're not even capable of discovering your personal PCs chipset without someone else looking it up for you...
     (I was able to come up with the chipset info in less than a minute... and I don't even have the PC to look at wink 
2 Dell support stuck the answer(s) right under your nose... and still you were (are) clueless.
    The Dell support answer was flawless...
    You're just bitter because they did not spoon feed you.
    They are not allowed to help you if your issue is unsupported. (DUH)
    He even gave you a good hint, and he probably had to stick his neck out to give that much to you, yet you are bitter. You should be thankful since he did give you the answer even though it was unsupported, and I am sure his boss would say he is told to turn you away empty handed. I consider that "Value Added Service" Cudos to the person who took your request.

Will the moron please stand up! (yes you)

I stick by my previous statements and add this...
you are not only a Bonehead, you are a very lazy ill-mannered Bonehead... (don't make me use the t word)

Plus you can't even find the x64 thread here at DriverPacks... and it is stickied...   That is major lame dude.

Go away now little one...
PS nobody here is going to spoon feed you info or hold your little hand.
--- edit
We are not your mom and this is not your room. temper tantrums are not tolerated.
DriverPacks is for big boys wink
--- edit

XP x64 is junk and it is WELL documented here, and elsewhere.
Just because you are unable to use a search engine does not mean the info is not out there big_smile

DriverPacks does not now nor have we in the past catered to noobs.

Last edited by OverFlow (2009-05-09 10:13:39)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

I admit, you've proven 1 thing: you're a complete idiot. You've failed to answer simple questions, once again.

I'm sad for your mom. She could have done a lot better. I hope she doesn't have anymore children (including grandchildren). You & her are from a bad gene pool, obviously.

Last edited by NewsAndHistory (2009-05-09 06:58:51)

NewsAndHistory wrote:

I admit, you've proven 1 thing: you're a complete idiot. You've failed to answer simple questions, once again.

I'm sad for your mom. She could have done a lot better. I hope she doesn't have anymore children (including grandchildren). You & her are from a bad gene pool, obviously.

My mom died an agonizing death from cancer at age 67...
and her grand children (my kids) have 4.0 GPAs (as did I)

So, now we know you are a teenager. wink
- I could be your daddy - whats your moms name?

We are not here to cater to your educational needs... sorry about your luck

DriverPacks is for advanced users only...
We don't tolerate or answer newbie questions.
I will print it really large so you can read it this time

NOBODY HERE IS GOING TO HELP YOU.
XP x64 is NOT SUPPORTED
XP x64 is JUNK if you want proof try google (you may have heard of it)

No help will be offered to anyone for noob level issues at DriverPacks...
Our 'members in good standing' do not need their little hands held, like you obviously do.

I did not 'fail' to answer your questions
- We have no obligation to you or your questions, at all...
   Why do you feel we OWE you an answer?
   (To prove we are smarter than you... Nope we covered that already. LOL)
   (Because you donated... mmm... Nope. You didn't.)
   (Because the info is not available anywhere else... Nope, It's readily available)
- I told you your questions are inappropriate here and we are not going to answer them.
          (The above line is describing what NOT SUPPORTED means.
          Since you don't seem to understand english very well I thought I should spell it out.)
     There is a huge difference between failing to answer,
     and deliberately not answering questions you were Clearly Told were Unsupported .
- Let this fact sink in...     we don't owe you anything... you are not entitled to sh*t...
     you however do owe us... we are owed respect, in return for your membership. 
     Failure to meet this expectation is dealt with harshly.
- Why is it simple ideas like "Not Supported" or "Chipset driver" just do not register in your brain?
- You assumed I was a teenager, YET AGAIN failing to do any research (or thinking) on your own.

Dell doesn't support it, we don't support it, MS doesn't support it... Notice a pattern developing here...
Ask yourself...
Q  Why doesn't anyone support it...
A  Because it is garbage, and can't be properly supported
- not even by Dell... and especialy not on that particular machine. (POS)

HINT: Feature Requests forum (this is and naming your chipset are the only help you are getting...)
  - One demerit awarded -

<sigh>
@NewsAndHistory,
OK, XP-64 has been deemed an inferior OS by this websites' administrators, moderators, team-members, staff, and the majority of our visitors.  That is our opinion.
The folks that do all the work around here have made the decision to ignore that OS because we feel it is not worth our efforts to develop for.
You obviously disagree.
Fine.
Spewing vitriol in our direction is NOT going to win you any friends, win you any arguments, or win our support.

I would suggest that you search for XP-64 drivers elsewhere.  You will not find them here.
I would also suggest that since you feel XP-64 is a worthwhile platform, then you can devote your spare time to learn about drivers in general (we will be helpful in that regard), and 64-bit ones in detail (again, not here).  Then you can develop your own "DriverPacks" for your XP-64 faithful followers.  There are definitely a few of you out there.

But be warned.  Any future inappropriate outbursts or personal attacks will get you banned...swiftly.

Welcome to DriverPacks.  Enjoy your stay.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Just pause, and breath NewsandHistory. It's going to be all right. If Dell doesn't even support your OS, why do you think that we would?

Besides, the very page to download Driverpacks shows that we have only 10 driverpacks for x86-32bit OS. If we had 64bit driver we'd share them. It's not like we're hiding them somewhere unknown.

Guys, 'Andrew' is a rookie Internet Tough Guy who has been popping up on various forums for about 6 months now.

The idiot registered with his real name, age, and zip code in a few places.

Don't worry about him.  He really needs to go back to his spiritual advisor and try to reconcile his short fuse and offensive temper with a professed love for The Lord.

Thanks for bringing us into the fold... (Now I know why they call you NewsPoster)

We will notify the company that their services are no longer required wink

I will dial it back another notch since he has such well known issues...
I was trying to not get to carried away with it realizing he was immature.

Thanks again!

Jeff

I only remembered him from an Ubuntu forum where he had cut and pasted the same question (never mind that he blew into an Ubuntu forum screaming about 64 bit drivers for XP?!?!) and followed it up with similar attitude.  5 or 6 minutes on Google with his screen name brings up dozens of entries on tens of different boards, some of which are pretty high on the nutjob scale.

Moral of the story:

a) don't be an Internet Tough Guy
b) remember that data on the Internet lives forever
c) don't use the same screen name more than 2 times

Last edited by newsposter (2009-05-11 06:35:06)

newsposter wrote:

Oh, I am so screwed! wink

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Chad Andrew Syphrett, looking for help with Windows XP drivers... on a Linux forum! 
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=7248601
I knew something that funny just could not be made up... ROFL

He also seems to be active on the Warez Scene...

At this rate he will be getting a Darwin award too...

smile now that I know he is 25 and not 15 (at least physically)
We will allow his post / thread to be a top google hit on his name and his alias...
That should help him to bite his tongue and show due respect in the future.

mr_smartepants wrote:
newsposter wrote:

Oh, I am so screwed! wink

Me too! I'm so kickarsed!

Wow, a quick google search certainly brings up some, eh hem, interesting information. Flickr, Youtube, twitter to name a few.

He's also tried to plead with the guys over at Donationcoder.com, those poor people. I like how he's cut and pasted his thread from there into here (or vice versa). It seems as though he takes heresay for truth, Vista was not developed by "notorious" homeland spies. However, in order for some government agencies to use certain software the companies that develop the software must disclose the code to the government agency for review. Their more worried about their own asses then trying to get yours.

http://www.donationcoder.com/Forums/bb/ … ic=18231.0

It's sad that he has a channel on Youtube posting video's of "truth" when he's so easily gullible to the lies on the internet.

Certainly those searching for truth and YHWH wouldn't do anything illegal, right Newsandhistory? Like hackintoshes and warez.

However, some forums say he was born Jan 1 1989. So he's possibly also a liar on the techsupportforum.com

"I'm missing an ethernet-controller for my Dell Inspiron 531S. Would any of you please tell me where to find a XP(64-bit)-compatible ethernet-controller driver?

The Dell site is not showing any available drivers for the 64-bit version of XP.

Like I mentioned before: The official Dell website to find the Ethernet controller to get my Dell 531S (with XP x64) to connect to the internet.

Would any of you know where to find the correct 64-bit XP-compatible drivers for Dell 531S. The Dell website is not showing anything, but 32-bit components for Dell 531S."

Well one things for sure he's got Windows XP 64bit and a Dell Inspiron 531s lol. And you'll probably stop getting all those popups on your damn machine when you stop going to warez sites.

So far a google search brings up page 7 for "newandhistory" and 2nd hit on "Dell 531S 64 bit drivers"

Last edited by stamandster (2009-05-13 01:17:54)