Topic: Vista DriverPacks updated to version 9.02

Lots of Vista DriverPacks have been updated to version 9.02.

Re: Vista DriverPacks updated to version 9.02

Somewhere here it'd be good if they were linked on the main page.. the top links just go to the XP driver sets; along with some sort of walkthrough.. god, I'd kill for a good Base application for Vista wink

The tool we use , works very good, and yes i wish it was on the homepage to.
Will talk to Bashrat about this.

Any tool/method you recommend to update drivers on an already installed Vista system? I've tried Warm Snow's tool, even with an updated 2.1 DPINST, but it doesn't seem to be working right.

the DPInst tool is the best option for post install update of drivers.
(MS calls this a 'Software First' install.)
The best option has always been, and continues to be, integrating drivers into the installation media.
This is a result of the WHQL signing of the included drivers.
A replacement must be newer and WHQL signed or it will not bump an included driver. wink
If you look at your api and dpinst logs there will be clues as to why drivers were passed over wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

It's coming to the main site *very* soon now smile

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Hi muiz,

will you be updating the rest of the x86 driverpacks soon ? I´d just like to know if I should wait another few days for a fresh install of my system or if I can go for it now :-)

Thanks,
Alex

I try to update as much as my time let me.
my house gets a makeover, so i dont have much time.
I realy can use some helping hands on the Vistapacks.

I plan on devoting more time to the Vista DriverPacks.  I see the need for XP to dwindle in the future (not disappear).  However, I see Vista as the XP/ME version and is just a colorful clownsuit for garbage.  Win7 on the other hand is growing on me fast.  Even in Beta status it is much more robust and stable than Vista is.  Since Win7 uses the same driver model as Vista, I may as well get my feet wet. smile

One of our priorities with the Vista DriverPacks is the need for a DriverPacks Finisher, just like we enjoy with the main DriverPacks.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

I totally agree on this one as far as Windows 7 support growing and XP support dwindling.   Any chance we can see some additional features in the dp_base.exe ?  Such as manual selection of which drivers to install (version 2)

Hi again,

I also use Windows7 already, altough there are a few driver related problems so it is not that stable for daily work after all. I have integrated the vista driverpacks into Windows7 also, there are a few errors during this process (dism.exe) probably because some of the vista drivers do not work in Windows7 but I guess this will change over time.

It would be nice to have support for control panels in the Vista driverpacks for instance the ATI CCC etc.

@muiz: No problem, no rush, thanks for your work on this ! Very appreciated ! :-)

Bye,
Alex

mr_smartepants wrote:

I plan on devoting more time to the Vista DriverPacks.  I see the need for XP to dwindle in the future (not disappear).  However, I see Vista as the XP/ME version and is just a colorful clownsuit for garbage.  Win7 on the other hand is growing on me fast.  Even in Beta status it is much more robust and stable than Vista is.  Since Win7 uses the same driver model as Vista, I may as well get my feet wet. smile

One of our priorities with the Vista DriverPacks is the need for a DriverPacks Finisher, just like we enjoy with the main DriverPacks.

That would be great, i can use some hands.

No problem.  I'm toying with an x86 build on my gateway.
One thing that really bothers me is unsigned drivers.  With these Vista DriverPacks, are unsigned drivers possible?  Because then I can support mobile graphics and other items.
One other thing that really bothers me is the lack of a DriverPacks Finisher.  There's a way to script it into SetupComplete.cmd by using discriminating code (IF exist xyz then install abc / or If not exist xyz then goto abc) etc.

But ideally, we'd build an autoit DriverPacks Finisher, just like for XP, then invoke it with SetupComplete.cmd.
Sounds simple to me, but Jeff would be the pro at this.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

I am on board... i agree that a vista finisher would be the ideal learning tool for the next viable OS (Win7)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Lots of packs updated to 903

And i still can use some hands.....

Removed by Muiz : English only !