Topic: Dell Dimension 9200 and 0xf78d2524 Blue Screen

Hello.

I am hoping you might be able to help me. 

I have a Dell Dimension 9200 desktop PC with a broken DVD drive that I am trying to install Windows XP on. 
The specification of the machine is:

Intel Core Duo 2.4 GHz
500GB Sata hardisk
2GB RAM
1 x Multicard Reader
1 x DVD Drive (not working)

Because the machine has a broken DVD drive, I am trying to install Windows XP using a USB key. 

The way I am doing this is by extracting an .ISO of Windows XP into a folder on my desktop and then using your DriverpackBASE to integrate your driverpackMASSSTORAGE into the image and then using nLite to recompile the slipstreamed .ISO into a bootable image.

Once I have the bootable image with your driver pack slipstreamed, I am using a combination of programs 'usbprep8 and bootsect' to create a bootable image on the USB key.

However every time I try to install from this USB key I always get a blue screen just before I am supposed to hit F8 and install windows.  The bluescreen always produces the following message:

STOP: 0x0000007b (0xF78D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I have done some online reading and believe that this is because the computer has a RAID controler for its SATA harddrives but I believed that by integrating your driverpack I could overcome this problem and unfortunately this is not the case.

Am I doing something wrong?  Can someone help me please I am at my last tether!

Thanks,
NC

Re: Dell Dimension 9200 and 0xf78d2524 Blue Screen

This method is not supported and since a DVD is 20.00 it is a no brainer to replace it.

moved to other

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=2 … pic=120444

you can try this apps PeToUSB ı tried on Asus Eee pc