Topic: question regarding KTD

Hi there,

i am driverpacks user for almost a year, so now i could say i am not a total newbie....
i use all driverpacks provided, and even 3rd party provided in forum on your hosting server,....with KTD

there is one small annoyance, when my windows xp sp2 gets installed, when i change graphic card and other hardware it gets recognized, sometimes it takes a while until it initializes the hardware...but that is perfectly ok, since i dont change hardware twice in day.

this is what gets on my nerves: when i plug in a usb memory stick it need about minute or two to get it working, is that because of KTD?....if it is am not gonna use KTD anymore,  it obviously has an impact on PC performance...or am i wrong....

please advise

BTW: when r u gonna update chipset pack, it is been a while since last update smile, i get BSOD on some nforce mbos

Re: question regarding KTD

KTD is considered an obsolite function... it has been replaced with SAD

SAD can be added / installed to your PC
or if you have a DriverPacks installation disk you can run the DP_Inst_tool.cmd right off the Disc.

TY

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

SAD.....that is new to me......
ok, plz correct me if i am wrong,....before i used method2 and KTD, ...that is my existing unintended xp DVD(approx 2GB)
i did a bit digging in forum about SAD, but stil a bit confused, ...........
if got this right SAD is "after install" opposing to method 2(which is before winxp install)?......
will SAD properly install all drivers(chipset,GPU, CPU, sound, lan,...etc) in one go?

thanks

if those are the packs you selected for your slipstream... then yes.

With base 8.05 or newer KTD is no longer needed and is in fact a waste of 2 gig of HDD space.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

ok,.....

so what combination is now recommended....:
like this: first slipstream in ISO only driverpacks storage drivers so it can boot unintended xp,  then on the first winxp boot start SAD.?, or should i slipstream all drivers in ISO,?
or something diferent is recommended?

thanks

Last edited by dado023 (2009-01-19 01:03:04)

it depends what your personal desire is...  KTD is not recomended...

KTD Keeps all the drivers permanently on the target. that is a waste.

if you want all hardware installed when you do an install then you must slipstream all the packs.

if you want KTD then jsut use a disk you have slipstreamed all the packs to and pop it in and run dp_ints_tool.cmd
this is better because it does not leave unneeded drivers behind on the HDD. and it is always current (assumeing you update your install disc)

SAD is instead of KTD. it is not a substitute for slipstreaming all the drivers to your disc.
dpinst.exe does not work as well as the windows setup.exe used during winpe phase of setup.

I though i said that "SAD replaces KTD" i dont think i was vague on that point.
to be absolutely clear - it does not replace the normal function of the DriverPacks.
It is however a 100 times better than KTD