Topic: MassStorage x86

http://driverpacks.sytes.net/vistapacks/images/driversx86.png

http://driverpacks.sytes.net/vistapacks/images/download.png
Windows 7 & Vista x86 DriverPack MassStorage

Mass Storage x86

Question: How do we add these Mass Storage drivers to boot.wim?  This will make sure that Setup will detect any SATA/RAID Hard Disk during installation (ie, textmode integration).
Answer: Extract dpms to C:\test\DP_Temp\  Mount the boot.wim index:2.  Add the drivers with DISM

1. Mount Boot.wim (for textmode drivers ALWAYS mount index #2, NEVER #1)
Dism /Mount-Wim /WimFile:C:\Source-OS\SOURCES\BOOT.WIM /index:2 /MountDir:C:\test\offline

2.  Add Drivers
Dism /image:C:\test\offline /Add-Driver /driver:C:\test\DP_Temp\x86 /recurse

3. Save work
Dism /Unmount-Wim /MountDir:M:\test\offline /commit

4. Mass storage text mode is done

Re: MassStorage x86

Hi muiz,

thanks. One small problem: the Silicon Image SATA Controllers Control panel item is being installed all the time even if no SI controller is present (for instance in a virtual machine). Also goes for the x64 version by the way.

Bye,
Alex

Hi, could that be because VM has a a Sillicon as default virtual HWID? Or does it not have that?
What is in vanilla?

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I checked that on my end, but it doesnt install here.

Hi !

I am not sure about vmware but on my physical machine (Gigabyte X38-DQ6 board) there is definitely no Silicon Image controller and I still have that icon in the control panel ... :-)

PS: Only controllers are onboard Intel and JMicron JMB36X

Bye,
Alex

Last edited by midiboy (2009-01-18 02:15:08)

I realy have no clue at this moment.

midiboy wrote:

Hi muiz,

thanks. One small problem: the Silicon Image SATA Controllers Control panel item is being installed all the time even if no SI controller is present (for instance in a virtual machine). Also goes for the x64 version by the way.

Bye,
Alex

Virtual machine is different from PC.
It need to HWID and system service in PC.
But virtual machine need to system service only
I think so

sorry, My English is chinese's English

Last edited by Wo Wo your hands (2009-01-29 03:51:00)

My English grammar is poor.I hope make friend with you ,thanks.

hey guys thought i try these packs to make a super XP cd. problem i am having is i use the slipstream tool to integrate the drivers in XP and have no issues and will complete successfully.

My problem is i am using nlite to slipstream everything else into the directory and when compiling the data it will come back with a corrupt file of symc810.sys which is the driver for Symbios Logic 8100S PCI SCSI Adapter. so i am forced to remove the mass storage driver pack and look elsewhere for SATA drivers

the version i am using is  pack 9.01

mickk, if you read the title properly, it says "Vista Driverpacks" NOT xp.
You cant use this pack with xp, only vista.

oh im sorry i didn't realize this was in the vista section ment for XP section. sorry

You must use nLite first  DO NOT integrate ANY drivers with nLite

YOU MUST USE DriverPacks LAST!

RTFM! (and the forum titles)

problem solved!

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Updated to 903

Hi guys,

there seems to be a problem with Windows7 and the jraid drive that is included in the newest massstorage pack. As you can see in this screenshot, Windows won´t load with this driver:

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8420/screen01j.jpg

Don´t know yet if this happens with Vista too and if it is happening on physical hardware (still testing with vmware).

Any ideas ?
Bye
Alex

PS: Unfortunately, the error also appears on real hardware (Sony Notebook). So I will take out that driver for now.

Last edited by midiboy (2009-03-15 02:27:36)

Please can you try some other drivers from the JMicron site and tell me wich one works?

Updated to 903.1

Updated to 903.2

Hi muiz,

do you still need me to test those jmicron drivers ? but actually you can also do this yourself in vmware etc.
I would suggest to test a new driverpack before releaseing it especially for something bootcritical as the masstorage pack. Or introduce a testcylce similar to the older driverpacks for XP.

Bye,
Alex

I do test them , and i dont have the error you have.

Question for anyone who might know,  I have a Dell Dimension 9100   and a Compaq Presario SR 5127 CL.  Which Folder number like 1 -10 do I use, unsure which sata drivers these computers need.  I cant fit all of them on the same floppy.  Looking to narrow it down a little.   Any help greatly appreciated.

The compaq presario is included with a utility, but doesnt show which drivers its using.
And the Dell Dimension 9100 I've tried 8 different sata drivers with no luck yet at the F6 Prompt.

Last edited by xterra (2009-03-31 04:14:59)

Isnt such info on Dell's site? and on HP?

Updated to 904

Updated to 906

Updated to 907

How do we add these Mass Storage drivers to boot.wim?
This will make sure that Vista Setup will detect any SATA/RAID Hard Disk during installation.

Hi dear friends,

I am confuse.

Includes a version of the Linux kernel which runs in a Xen virtual machine. Xen Note: Most recent kernels have the capability called SMP alternative.

The high-performance disk controller can handle the larger I/O stream more efficiently than multiple small ones.