Topic: Fake Setup call himself instead original "Setup.exe". Setup Abort!

install Windows 2000(2003/xp)
reinstall Windows 2000(2003/xp),select  fix install
error:
Fake Setup call himself instead original "Setup.exe". Setup Abort!

Re: Fake Setup call himself instead original "Setup.exe". Setup Abort!

hi
at the command prompt
DEL /F %systemroot%\system32\setupold.exe
then restart

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

hi again

people tell us that their solution to this was something they added at the bottom in presetup.cmd
(they do this before they burn.)

REM +==================================+
REM |   Make CD usable for XP UPGRADE REPAIR method.  |
REM |   \386\WINNTUPG folder is needed for this.               |

EXIT

Tip;
use Rewritable media..
There will be updates with fixes and new drivers..

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

reinstall
Your suggestion works well
Thanks

no problem, and thanks for the feedback.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

OH.. at the moment, if you run DPsBase on a source so as to update its drivers.. then the change in presetup.cmd is undone.

I've made a request to make this a feature, so this little extra section would be added to presetup.cmd by DPsBase.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

jtdoom wrote:

hi again

people tell us that their solution to this was something they added at the bottom in presetup.cmd
(they do this before they burn.)

REM |   Make CD usable for XP UPGRADE REPAIR method.  |
REM |   \386\WINNTUPG folder is needed for this.               |

EXIT

Tip;
use Rewritable media..
There will be updates with fixes and new drivers..

I implemented utilizing my methods by putting this at the beginning of presetup.cmd  If at the end I won't assure it will work.

always remember.....
YCGIYWG (You Can't Get, If You Won't Give)
DizzyDen

thanks.

this may be why it sometimes did not work here.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

so can someone tell me how the damn to fix this problem???

where shall i paste   

REM |   This presetup.cmd file was dynamically generated by the DriverPacks    |
REM |   BASE, to work with the DriverPacks without any further editing.        |
REM |   However, if you would like to add some custom functionality, you can   |
REM |   edit this file without any problems. Just take into record that this   |
REM |   file will be erased if you run the DriverPacks BASE on these Windows   |
REM |   installation files again!                                              |
REM |                                                                          |
REM |   With special thanks to:                                                |
REM |   -Pyron, a06lp and iLE for their help with this method;                 |
REM |   -schalti for the optional 'Keep the Drivers' system and Pyron (again)  |
REM |    for turning it into an executable.                                    |
REM |   -SuperTibaldoKart for creating un7zip.exe                              |
REM |                                                                          |
REM +==========================================================================+

REM +==========================================================================+
REM |   Finding CD/DVD driveletter.                                            |
REM |--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
SET TAGFILE=\OEM
FOR %%i IN (C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y) DO IF EXIST "%%i:%TAGFILE%" SET CDDRIVE=%%i:

REM |   Decompressing the DriverPacks to the harddisk - using un7zip.exe.      |
REM |--------------------------------------------------------------------------|
%CDDRIVE%\OEM\bin\un7zip.exe %CDDRIVE%\OEM\DRIVER.7z %SystemDrive%\

REM |   Copying/decompressing the files to finish the installation.            |
%CDDRIVE%\OEM\bin\un7zip.exe %CDDRIVE%\OEM\bin\*.7z %SystemDrive%\
COPY /Y %CDDRIVE%\OEM\bin\DPsFnshr.ini %SystemDrive%\
IF EXIST %CDDRIVE%\OEM\*.ins COPY /Y %CDDRIVE%\OEM\*.ins %SystemDrive%\

REM |   Scanning for driverdirectories.                                        |
%CDDRIVE%\OEM\bin\DevPath.exe %SystemDrive%\D

REM |   Disable Driver Signing Policy and keep it disabled.                    |
START %SystemDrive%\DSPdsblr.exe

EXIT

where shall i paste  DEL /F %systemroot%\system32\setupold.exe    ??   Shall i do anything else before i burn becouse i fu**ed up 10 cd for now!!

Where did you get that version of presetup...

let's see your DPs_BASE.log (in the same folder you installed DriverPacks BASE) (Please respond in the other thread)

This issue was fixed years ago... and this thread is over two years old.

Please DO NOT cross post...

Use 'Read before you post' in my signature as a guide for the info to include in your other post.

First thread poster reported at is here
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=1419

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.