Topic: It's time: Vista DriverPacks x86 & x64!!

This week we will add new topics for Vista DriverPacks.

With a tool to slipstream them into your Vista.
And compatible with hotfix packs to slipstream.

Looking for: Vista Driverpack Team Members.
If you have plenty of time and know your way around with drivers, we always can use help.
Also members of the XP DriverPacks are welcome.

Re: It's time: Vista DriverPacks x86 & x64!!

Sounds like fun! I'm in!

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

big_smile

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I'm in. At home I've been 100% vista 64bit. I've had some quirks with the available integration tools + WAIK so this is something I want to tackle.

Holey Moley, Batdudes!

Since I recently acquired a fine Acer lappytop that came with Vista X64 installed, I would love to volunteer for this latest chapter in the Driver Packs development saga.

I am using both 32-bit and 64-bit Vistas in my experimentation to see which works better for this mobile Core2Duo machine. I like the X64 platform if for no other reason I can see all 4GB installed RAM.

I am gonna continue to hit the XP DP's hard with any releases you provide, so don't think I'm looking for "extra" work. <grin>

For the record, I'm a big user of Nuhi's nLite and vLite proggies, UBCD4Win, and of course, the world famous Bâshrat the Sneaky Driver Packs. Plus, I've been around the mulberry bush quite a few times since starting my programming and computing career in 1975. Were any of you folks even around in 1975??? <grin more>

OK, there it is. If you think I can help, I'll be there for you. It's the least I can do for such a great group of nerds who've helped me more than I can say.

Best holiday wishes from a VERY chilly (but sunny) Atlanta, GA. (It was 17 F this morning, wind chill 6 F)

most of you already know, but the Vista Driverpacks are floating around for some time already on ryanvm
http://www.ryanvm.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6703
But we decided to bring them where they belong, and that is on driverpacks.net
Till now its only me and shahed wo are working on these packs.
And we already have a set of nice packs wich can be slipstreamed very well without any errors or workarounds.
I will finish the tpoics here on driverpacks.net as soon as possible.

I hope you will like it , and help us ...

Excellent news!

Are these compatible with Windows 7 by chance?
Looks like I'm skipping Vista as of now wink

Yes the packs are compatible with Windows 7.
Only it takes a different way to slipstream them.
See here : http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=4939

These DriverPacks works with windows 7 perfectly, as i have tested them already by slipstreaming to Windows 7.
I have already made a simple batch file that integrates all these Vista DriverPacks to Windows 7. (Thanks to muiz, for his DISM guide)
Not only that, all these Vista DriverPacks are WHQL Certified! (So you know what your getting..THE BEST)

I Will be uploading my Windows 7 batch file here (for testing only) as soon as windows 7 BETA 1 arrives.

Thanks

Last edited by shahed (2008-12-23 12:46:57)

Nice to hear, you guys ROCK! big_smile

Also Legolash is working on a win7 tool, wich will support DISM

Just a quick update..

All Vista DriverPacks has been added now and updated all the DriverPacks with links to download, including 3rd Party Vista DriverPacks.

Next month (Jan 2009 packs) Graphics x86/x64, and Audio x86/x64 will be splitted into Graphics A/B and Audio A/B, for more easier updating and downloading for everybody.

Enjoy guys

Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool was designed for Windows 7, and because Windows 7 is in development and "invitation only" testing, the tools are also not allowed to be distributed until widespread public beta status.  DISM is set to replace WAIK, so it should be a free download once final.
Having said that, I don't see DISM included in the Vista-Tool, so this is not a problem...currently.

Jaak/Muiz, I know you two have personal issues.  But please don't allow them to obstruct progress.  Muiz has been doing the Vista DriverPacks on his own for a while.  If he wants to bring them back to the 'family' so be it.  The prodigal son returns.
Shahed, I don't know you either, but welcome to the team.

Source code should be made available to the "Code team" for peer review.  DriverPacks development should be posted in the "Testing team" threads prior to release.  Our methods are well known and the quality of the DriverPacks show in each release.

It would be nice to have some more thorough documentation for the Tool, packs, updatepacks, etc. More than what a readme.txt provides.

We are just starting up here Fragbert, we will get there.
We worked very hard to get everything as ready as possible before xmass.
Most packs already contain a changelog etc.
So please be patience.

muiz wrote:

We are just starting up here Fragbert, we will get there.
We worked very hard to get everything as ready as possible before xmass.
Most packs already contain a changelog etc.
So please be patience.

Indeed. And the content of each pack would be nice to have also on the forum. That way you know what you download.
I assume they are VERY similar in content as the XP DP's, right? smile

Merry X-mas and happy new year.

r.

Ok guys, let me just do a brief introduction of myself. I have been using these awesome XP driverpacks for a very long time now for XP, and they are simply great packs. Recently i moved to Vista, and started using vista Driverpacks. I have been using vista DriverPacks since it was released on my dual boot system.

I got involved in Vista Driverpacks by helping out muiz here and there to improve his DriverPacks. And then muiz asked me to join the vista driverpacks team, as i have good experience with drivers, i decided to join muiz and vista pack team. From there we Vista driverpack team has been working very hard to improve the vista packs, and we have done so.

Few people might know me here in driverpack.net as am a member of ryanvm, wincert, and msfn forums.
Btw thank u all for a very warm welcome, i look forward to working with you all

Meryy X-mas and Happy New Year!

Last edited by shahed (2008-12-25 02:51:35)

Welcome shahed smile

Muiz has expressed his trust in shahed and that's sufficient for me. I think he's proven himself worthy just by his work on the Vista DriverPacks. Yes, the Vista DriverPacks didn't go through the normal peer review process, but you've got to cut muiz and shahed some slack here. They *did* kickstart the development to a point where there is already something usable in the first release, which is – in my opinion – amazing.
When I started the XP DriverPacks in 2004, there only was a .zip (or .rar, can't remember), not any piece of software or even a script to integrate it. Plus, it was only DriverPack. So … give it a little bit of time and I'm sure we'll get everything in line with our existing methodology smile
This is a temporary exception.

I'm working on a new driverpacks.net (excluding the forums and bugtracker) so we can support Vista DriverPacks ASAP through the proper channels. And at the same time, the existing mess (because, yes, it *is* a mess currently) will be cleaned up.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Thx Wim and others.
There was lots of interest in these packs while we got them on RyanVM.
So we decided to place them where they belong, cause after all they still are drivers.
I talked with Wim about this and after 2 years since Vista came out, the time is there.
I met Shahed on RyanVM and he learned fast, and is online very often, and does great work now.
So please give him some time here to let him do his job.
And not flame people away Jaak, we also gave you the chance and time once.

Mery xmas and a happy new year to you all !!!!

Welcome aboard shahed!
    and a welcome back to Muiz...

As a team we will both  agree and disagree  at times, that is a catalyst for creativity. Creativity is a tradition at DriverPacks.

A common factor to us all is that we are each trying to achieve the same goal. Each drawing on our own strengths to fill a function that benefits the community at large. Unlike many teams we take anybody who wants to play and let them play whatever position they want. (except first base - I called it wink). Being a team is not as simple as putting everyone on the field at the same time. We call that chaos. We are far from that... thank god. We all share other things too. We share a desire for the success of DriverPacks, we respect the awesome contribution to the community made by Wim Leers. Those of us who have been here long enough to remember him doing this every day, we each in our own way attempt to carry on the spirit and values that were established by him. truely there are many differences as individuals but as a team we are successful.

so... what is the hazing cerimony for DriverPacks noobs anyway? Oh yeah we got that out of the way wink

shahed... I hope you make fewer mistakes than we did wink

Merry Christmas everyone, and have the very best new year!

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Caveat venditor.
- - - - - - - - - - -
In an earlier post I mentioned, litterally, 'Caveat' and only that.
I meant "beware.
Let us not forget the meaning of caveat lector (all reader beware), or caveat emptor (all buyer beware).
Caveat venditor means seller should look at something he ought to be aware of.
(Caveat venditor)
Caveat venditor is Latin for "let the seller beware".
It is a counter to caveat emptor, and suggests that sellers too can be deceived in a market transaction.
This forces the seller to take responsibility for the product, and discourages sellers from selling products of unreasonable quality.

The only thing DriverPacks have to abide to is that methods (what you can do in there) and tools (what is provided by open source) used to get our users a true DriverPacks open source, does not use a patented tool we have no licence for.

MY three wishes.
* For every thought thought, a thought we do not miss.
* Do what we can, to not have to 'msft' do what we can.
* Do your worst, and do your best think within contraints of existing rules, and stay within.

Last edited by Jaak (2008-12-30 09:42:20)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I will apologise to shahed.
I said I did not know shahed from DriverPacks.

What the hurmphh..
I should know when I have to ask I have all I ever stood for here get pullled, or that I have to ask DriverPacks support for vista and XP get two separate sites.

I see XP/2003/2000/2000 as separate entity. (because the tool used is seen as not  fought by msft.)

I see a tool based on SA subscribtion will limit the use to those with SA.
(S. A. aka software assurance.. a form of subscribtion)
As is, (to my regret) the old Free DPint.exe, the old waik, the old WIM, is not free and is not comparable to the best of tools we have for free.
(for vista and 08 and 07; dpam, and winpre/winpe is a powerful module in dpam.  WIM builder for vista and 08 or win7, and downwards, are in the dpam tool).
Licensed beta testers may have seen this evolve, and may have helped resolve issues it had with early OS in this NOT yet liberated manager.

For now, it is not yet liberated and not intended to be a vehicle for setup in any form I know of.

Hence forth, my word;
caveat.

Last edited by Jaak (2008-12-30 17:54:46)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I had to do edits to my own latest posts..
I have to cover my ass.
I don't want to do flames and my grammar is often not grammar, and my truly meant apology was.

I won't have to apologise to DriverPacks for things I helped DriverPacks do for XP.
I can not help in vista or future OS until the time we have what we need have.
Jaak.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Jaak? whats' your problem??
We provide nothing illegal.
About DISM, its only a guide, and its for Win7, we are talking Vista here.
And Vista-Tool isn't illegal and open source, but only for programmers, so thats not you.

Jaak can do an edit.
True.
My problem about DISM was that it linked to tools and features I personally could pay 25.000 dollar per breach of NDA..
Faik, NOBODY at DriverPacks had SA and licences to DISM and its tools.

The 'News' forum is not the appropriate place for this direction of conversation. 
Take it to PM.