Topic: Dell XPS M1530

Hi.

1: Sorry for being such a newbie (although I slipstreamed a XP cd last year using your drivepacks and thanks to your tutorials)

2: On sunday I'll get a new Dell XPS M1530. This thing comes with Vista, which I'll replace with XP.
So has anyone here installed XP on a M1530 using drivers from driverpacks.net?

3: I'm asking because browsing through the various driverpacks, I can't seem to find all drivers for the M1530.
According to dell.com these are the specs, and coincidentally these are the ones I can't find here:

Chipset: Mobile Intel 965PM
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce Go 8600M GT
Sound: Sigmatel STAC9228
HDD: Free Fall sensor HDD (can't seem to anything regarding this, other than a generic mentioning of Intel on dell.com).

But as I already said, I'm new to this, so chances are I'm overlooking something.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Dell XPS M1530

free fall sensor... hmmm

now your laptop can scream as it is falling.

AAAAaaaaa.... thud, laptop wimpers after detecting impact,  LOL ;P

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Exactly. Should be useful if i ever fall out of an airplane and is short of breath.

So no other feedback?

Everything should be fine.  But since you didn't bother to post your HWIDs, we can't be certain. 
Welcome to DriverPacks.net! smile
Please read this postbefore you request help.

LOL, that HDD sensor won't need any drivers. (chuckles...)

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Can't post HWID until I get the comp, at which point I might as well just try a customized XP cd

mr_smartepants wrote:

LOL, that HDD sensor won't need any drivers. (chuckles...)

I know, I was trying to make a joke since that was the only concrete info I could find on the HDD (well besides the loveley generic Intel tag). Just didn't know how to make smilies, but lookie what I found wink

... and thanks for the feedback

Last edited by sonew (2008-12-11 03:54:10)

I agree we cover just about everything in the packs...

it is rare something is reported as missing...

although i think i am going to have to code the soundbyte of Wile E Coyote going over the cliff triggered by an api call to the free fall sensor... it's a must have wink tongue big_smile

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I just recently took delivery of the XPS M1530 choosing to go for 4Meg version with Blu-ray drive. The drive failed at the very first disc. So, am I out for Dells Blood? Well No not at all. I did get a little worried when an Indian sounding gentleman asked me try try another disc. (after I had told him 5 times that the first disc was still inside). Arrangements were made for at home service the following day. The service tachnician phoned to confirm and turned up promptly as stated. The Blu-Ray drive was faulty. This way replaced without delay and the original drive dismantled to retrive my disc. The drive was then tested and all was well.
Having had Dell computers both company owned and my own this level of service was one of the deciding factors when choosing my laptop.
It is true you can pay a lot more than the brochure price (£1266 in my case) but this was with the additions and subtractions that I wanted not "We have this one Sir" that the most suppliers would offer.

Gratuitus links are a violation of our posting guidelines.... Removed.
third warning the Madmin