Topic: MsDosInitiated = "0" is floppy still working then for drivers ?

Hi smile

If i use (MsDosInitiated = "0") could i still use the floppy to install drivers ?

Re: MsDosInitiated = "0" is floppy still working then for drivers ?

you tell me... wink

i belive it is the OEM flag that disables the F6 funtionality, and kills several other features that are helpful for an unattended install.

if you wish to use f6 then you probably also wish to do an attended install.

If you use DriverPacks BASE to add textmode mass storage drivers you will never need an f6 floppy again wink
that is why we are here big_smile

posted in wrong forum  Feedback and Support moved to  OTHER
Feedback and Support is for users of the DriverPacks BASE program and DriverPacks ONLY

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I have no OEM flag. I can also not test if it works or not because i have no good old skool floppy. smile
But would be good to now if this command would break F6. hmm
And respect for this work you guys do to make this Diver Packs this is really a dam lot of work. yikes

Last edited by Outbreaker (2008-11-30 19:57:44)

it is my belief that the dos flag will not interfere with f6 although i have not actualy tested this myself.

A floppy is 7 dollars. if you can't figure out how to scrape together 7 bucks...
1 i doubt you will figure this out. LOL wink
2 i fail to see how the info would be useful to you if you have no access  AT ALL  to a floppy anywhere. hmm
3 why you would expect us to support you for free (since you don't even have 7 dollars to donate) tongue

it is a lot more fun (for you) if you give some details as to what you are trying to do. and hopefully that is related to DriverPacks

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

MsDosInitiated = "0" does not refer to the drivers.  It refers to what you are booting from.  If you're booting from floppy diskettes, then you set:  MsDosInitiated = "1".  If you're booting from CD/DVD (which is what almost all people are using to install Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003), then you set:  MsDosInitiated = "0".  So, in almost all cases you should have it set to a value of "0".  Below is a quote that I copied from MSFN's WINNT.SIF Reference.

MsDosInitiated = "0"

If this setting is on "0" it will inform Setup that you are installing from CD, put a value of 1
if you use only diskettes to boot.

Last edited by Echo_Platoon (2008-12-02 02:54:56)

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/5ocSdUxUxrK5g8rfTm7_39bPWgBMWiteXNH4McROrNw/perpetual:forever/userbar/mainteam-1.png