Topic: un7zip.exe is not a valid win32 application error

I get this error when trying to install XP after slipstreaming drivers, what went wrong?

Last edited by slipstreamin (2008-08-24 10:04:59)

Re: un7zip.exe is not a valid win32 application error

Title: un7zip.exe is not a valid win32 application error
Post: I get this error when trying to install XP after slipstreaming drivers, what went wrong?

the best answer i can give you is the obvious one...

You have provided Zilch for info on what you did
- can you please...
Read  "Before you post"  in my signature take note of what we consider the "minimum" info and format
This applies for ANY support questions... TY
Then take a moment to update your first post title. and then add the missing info to a new post.
It might also be helpful to know your process...
IE; RVM, Nlite, DriverPacks, burn...

did you test the file on the disk on another machine ? ? ?

the obvious answer is that the file on the cd is Corrupted   wink

IE un7zip.exe is not a valid win32 application error

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Hi people,
I've been trying to instal XP on my HP Pavilion dv6100cto for a few weeks. This laptop was built for Vista. Obviously my ignorance is only superceeded by my stubborness. I have a few older programs that just won't work on Vista.
But during my xp installation I learned that my usb ports and my sound board just aren't recognized. I began last night downloading your Driver packs to try to solve my problem. But after downloading I have tried to install the drivers by clicking to open the downloaded file(s). I am met with an error similar to the following:

C:Documents and Settings\Ken\My documents\New xp drivers\DP_Chipset_wnt5_X86-32_803.7z is not a valid win 32 app.

I don't know how to open/install these drivers. I know you have several tutorials on the subject. But, When I try to open any of the files on the page..I am met with the message as above. I can't seem to open the new files. I have read some forums but as of yet havent learned the particulars.
Any simplified steps would be greatly appreaciated.

download DriverPacks BASE

use the DriverPacks tutorial for directions on how to setup the packs and base program...

select SAD as your platform.

select the packs you desire and hit slipstream button.

run the DriverPacks.net\DP_Install_Tool.cmd

cant make it any easier than that... wink

(stubborn is good)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.