Topic: multiboot xp disk with slipstreamed driverpacks

Is there a tutorial on exactly how to create a multiboot windows xp disk with the driverpacks slip streamed correctly?  I have created a 9 in 1 multiboot disk with service pack 3 slipstreamed, and it works great. However when i try to slipstream the driverpacks, i get all sorts of different errors. It says files cannot be found in some shape or another. I have been experimenting and checking forums for the past week for help. I'm sure there is just a problem with were the driverpack files are trying to be found by the windows setup. I'm just very confused about were the files are and need to be when it is on a multiboot disk. Any help would be very appreciated.

Re: multiboot xp disk with slipstreamed driverpacks

all DriverPacks files must be at root of drive

base supports multi boot it is a gui option...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Hi, welcome to DriverPacks
in the past, I had successful 5-in-1 msdn DVDRW I had enhanced with DriverPacks.

Question; which OS are in the mix are you trying?

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I am doing all of the different versions of xp.

xp home oem
xp home retail
xp pro corp
xp pro upgrade
etc.

I think i figured it out actually.
I saw this older post and I think it worked
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?pid=2618

I didn't realize that you pick the windows folder of the version of window you want to use and do "disk mode", just like a single disk.
then you save the configuration of each driver pack. Don't select all driver packs and save the config.
then, you change it to multiboot and point DP_Base to the root of the multiboot.
Then, you have to take those ini file configurations you saved eariler and import them in "settings files"

That was the part i was confused about all along.

I though you slipstreamed the driverpacks then just changed the batch files to show where the windows install was.
I got one of the OS's to work on the multiboot, so now I am going to try the rest, and test load some windows!
I'll repost when testing is done.

Thanks for the help guys!

It is a feature that is not well documented... i apologize

I totaly rewrote it last year but recieved no feedback on it...

If you would like, it would be an awsome contribution to document it.
I think it is easier for someone with a different perspective than mine to outline it.
could get a sticky from helmi too... wink big_smile

that is to say; it already makes sense to me wink

jeff

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

well I tested my install. Besides me messing up XP Media center by tell it to slip stream it it xp home retail, everything worked fine. Now this is on a virtual machine, not an actual computer. I did have problems the the graphics driver but my suspicion is that it a virutal machine driver issue. I am fixing the Xp media center now, and i am going to burn and test on an actual computer. I have never been a forum post, that my comment prompted for a sticky! I'm just glad it's out there now, that people want multiboot disks with drivers slipstreamed. I'll repost when I test on an actual computer.

PS Driverpacks.net is the best!

i tested the full install on a real system and everything worked fine but one thing. even though KTD is disabled, i still have a bunch of leftover files in my C:\. the files include:

folder called "D"
devcon
makePNF
all the driverpack ini files
pmtimer
the dspfinsher file
the dspdisable file
and for some very strange reason a mute icon (must have something to do with sound A and sound B driverpacks)

why do these files stay in C:\ even with KTD being disabled?

For some reason the DriverPacks Finisher did not run... you can just double click on it...

"DPsFnshr.exe"  will finalize all your drivers and remove all those files when it is 'finished' with them. wink

but ... why did it not run... did you do gui run once or runonce exe?

PS mute disables the annoying popup sound when a non signed driver is used wink

i did not to do guirunonce, but i am slipstreaming programs on my multiboot and realized that guirunonce is the solution.
oh by the way. in the multiboot process i explained before, you have to copy your txtsetup.sif files from your i386 folder to the corisponding boot folder for every OS that is on your disk. Reason being, there are 2 files that are written to the txtsetup.sif file that are not written in the txtsetup.sif file in the boot folder. I leared that after making one ISO and the windows install told me there were 2 files missing.