Re: FindHWIDS v3.2s - The INF Searching, Hardware ID Exporter

i think Jaak acually said it was the WLAN broadcoms there were some that would get missed all the time
IDK exactly which ones sorry... maybe if you search the forum it might actuall be posted somewhere???? wink I know it's crazy talk !

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

That IS crazy talk wink

I'll try searching the forums to see whats what.

I see what your saying though, for example here's one HWID with four different INF's that it could relate to. And they all look like different companies but the same chipset.

PCI\VEN_11C1&DEV_AB20    C:\D\W\AG\WLAGSALL.INF    107    9/22/2003     7.82.0.550
PCI\VEN_11C1&DEV_AB20    C:\D\W\Lmc1\WLAGSALL.INF    112    7/10/2003     7.82.0.492
PCI\VEN_11C1&DEV_AB20    C:\D\W\o\WLLUC48B.INF    32    7/15/2002     7.64.1.316
PCI\VEN_11C1&DEV_AB20    C:\D\W\o3\WLAGSALL.INF    107    2/27/2003     7.82.0.354

Last edited by stamandster (2008-09-03 00:04:45)

that is the magic of what we do... some of those will get along with each other and some won't

in theory if they are all written correctly and all signed and dont have specific hwids that match ect...
then they will work and can coexist - we dont live in that perfect world... wink
that is why it is so important people post thier hwids and tell us which driver worked...
it tells us if they are all four gettign along together...
sometimes we have to remove a hwid form a driver to prevent a conflict - this can suck becase it will generally also break its signing. and then it gets passed over for yet another driver in a domino effect ... ;(

so you can see how this is a very important tool for us wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Sounds good!

The next version will have USBSTOR\ and HID\

Once we make sure it'll pull correct data we can then worry about GUI and selecting which type of HWID you want to parse, what folder location(s) you want, etc.

Last edited by stamandster (2008-09-03 00:56:42)

v1.7 is out... check the first post!

v1.8 is out - Fixed some dyslexia for CSV and CVS... Added Display\, PCIIDE\, IDE\, ISAPNP\

What because of no code no one speaks to me?? sad

wink

Last edited by stamandster (2008-09-05 23:53:23)

Sorry, I just grabbed it and haven't had a chance to try it out yet.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Updated to v2.4 - Changed everything this time around; Doesn't scan for a specific HWID and will do multiple HWIDS inline.

You lost me... trying to follow...

Basically instead of scanning for a specific HWID type like PCI\VEN or USBSTOR\ it'll find everything that matches a HWID. For instance HWIDS like NCRC710_SCSI, ACARD___RAID_PROCESSOR__1, CPQFWS2E_SCSI, ACPI\ATK0110, *VIA3058, {4B571702-E6C6-4db1-A2C6-FD1D53A70FC3}\ALICOMPOSITE, PCI\CC_0C0300, *ITE8704, etc.

And it'll find all HWIDS that are inline for instance C:\D\M\P3\S150SX8.inf has a line
%PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_8000.DeviceDesc%=S150sx8PCI,PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_8000,PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_8002,PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_8004,PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_8006
so for PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_8000 it'll add all these
PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_8000
PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_8002
PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_8004
PCI\VEN_105A&DEV_8006

Does anyone know who made the Sav_HWID.exe ??

Last edited by stamandster (2008-09-09 11:29:54)

um i think it was wim but it is a simple 7z self extracting archive...
i did a similar one with the RAID hwid tool in my signature... nbd

you just create a selfextracting 7z archive with devcon and an autorun script... wink tongue

Oh... I thought someone actually scripted the find functions. I didnt realize it was just devcon.

jsut a wrapper for devcon wink

Did you get to try the latest version??

We have a handful of dedicated team members who do the packs, allowing me to focus my free time on the base code... wink

I rarely need to update the packs unless there is a problem that is unresolved...
i used to do the mass storage pack because it is / was one of the most difficult to understand.
several of the team are now well experienced with that now too... big_smile

I have not used it yet but i will be very interested in the output of your tool for sysprep,
as i intend to add sysprep as a platform, so seeing what is known to work will be most helpful.

we are quite lucky to have such a team in place
It really makes me appreceate how hard Bâshrat the Sneaky worked when it was just him...

Thanks Overflow. I just wanted to give you an update on the logic of finding HWIDS.

I'm working on another method besides the two I just did. This one will scan the INF as an INI file.

Each INF has a section called Manufacturer and within manufacturer there are lines such as %Company% = Company or %Company% = Company, NT.5.1, NTIA64, NTAMD64
What is great about this is you can then specify what OS model you want when searching! So not only will my program be able to search for a specific HWID but also a specific OS type.

The %Company% variables end up being sections where the HWIDS go so the above would create 5 sections
[Company]
[Company.NT.5.1]
[Company.NTIA64]
[Company.NTAMD64]

Or this real example
[Manufacturer]
%MFGNAME%=Company, NT.5.1, NTamd64.5.1, NT.6.0, NTamd64.6.0

[Company]
%DEVICEDESCRIPTION% = DriverInstall,ACPI\IFX0101,ACPI\IFX0102,*IFX0101,*IFX0102,IFX0000
[Company.NT.5.1]
%DEVICEDESCRIPTION% = DriverInstall.NT.5.1,ACPI\IFX0101,ACPI\IFX0102,*IFX0101,*IFX0102,IFX0000
[Company.NTamd64.5.1]
%DEVICEDESCRIPTION% = DriverInstall.NTamd64.5.1,ACPI\IFX0101,ACPI\IFX0102,*IFX0101,*IFX0102,IFX0000
[Company.NT.6.0]
%DEVICEDESCRIPTION% = DriverInstall.NT.6.0,ACPI\IFX0101,ACPI\IFX0102,*IFX0101,*IFX0102,IFX0000
[Company.NTamd64.6.0]
%DEVICEDESCRIPTION% = DriverInstall.NTamd64.6.0,ACPI\IFX0101,ACPI\IFX0102,*IFX0101,*IFX0102,IFX0000

Then each HWID is prefaced with it's installer which has it's own sections. That sorta follows a rhyme or reason. But not as well as the Manufacturer link to section names.

So this will provide a greater granularity when doing scans.

now your getting it... ding the light bulb comes on... ;p

by useing iniRead() you will also get better access to the data (similar to your reading the file into an array)
in fact i frequently import an entire ini (or inf) section into an array. for the same reason...

you may also find that Fedit.exe (in the DriverPacks bin folder) is even better at inf manipulation wink  IE
this line uses Fedit because with the -once switch fedit will only add the line ONCE in the entire section
(so if it exists already it doesnt get added again smile)  PS seems like you could use this for sysprep output big_smile
_runDos(@scriptDir & "\bin\Fedit.exe -add -once -f """ & $_I386 & "\dosnet.inf"" -s Files -l d1,setupORG.exe")
and some other nice features that are not native to autoit ini functions...

I could possibly that with _ArrayElements which gives the unique elements of an array. However, it's not handling 2d arrays well. Plus I'm having an issue with creating 2d/multidimensional arrays. Just not getting it.

It also seems to me that if any line in the Manufacturer section is commented out then that set of HWIDS wouldn't be used. Am I correct in assuming that?

I'll be uploading v2.5 in the morning. It's a heck of a lot faster than any versions I've done before and it's as accurate as I think it could ever get. Completely rewrote the function and logic.

115 seconds to scan all DriverPacks, including the 3rd party ones. 43,141 HWIDS scanned! That was on a Core 2 Duo 2.0ghz with 2gb of ram though.

Last edited by stamandster (2008-09-12 00:20:47)

The latest version is out! I also fixed a couple issues that cropped up with testing. So it should be good for release.

What's great about this is we don't _need_ to know any of the HWID types. But in the future I could write it to only parse certain types. That and the option to scan for certain OS types/versions too!

I just noticed I had three posts in a row... I'm talking to myself aren't I? wink

Last edited by stamandster (2008-09-12 01:28:43)

v2.6 is out which fixes an issue with any blank hwids.

v2.7 is out which fixes issues with perens in the manufacturer values

v2.8 is out... see first post on changes. I'll be adding the same functionality as the spotlight tool in what it will parse out.

man... you are kicking um... arse and taking names lol...