Topic: Activation Loop

Hi guys, hopefully you can shed some light on this. Not sure where the problem lies as I've got a fair few variables.

I've slip streamed the driverpacks onto win xp pro / home then used Nlite to create the unattended scripts. Everything works fine, windows loads up with all the drivers on the machine for the majority of PC's that I've tried it on. The main problem is activation. When I enter a product code I have to change the product key to a new OEM license it activates OK and the machine appears to work without problems however after a few restarts it says "your product is not activated and must be activated" you click on "Activate" but NO Install ID is generated?

Can you guys suggest where or whats causing the activation to go wrong?

I personally notice its only with the newer XP keys, if i use an old xp key it activates fine.  But brand new OEM keys seem to go into an activation loop. It also appears to do the same with MSLI keys.

Thanks for the help

appreciate any info

cheers

// deathr0w

Re: Activation Loop

We don't know if you are using XP Home or Pro.

The late versions of Pro changed their key # system as Microsoft was running out of Pro #'s.

If you use the "latest SP3" OEM CD then it seems to work with late and early key #'s.

Hope this helps.

This has nothing to do with DriverPacks, so I've moved the topic here to 'Other'.

You might be confusing OEM keys with VLK keys.  OEM SLP keys will activate on the OEM hardware they were registered with (Dell, HP, etc).  Volume License Keys (VLK) are sold in bunches; ie. one key for 1000 PCs.  If you exceed your allotted number, then you might run into issues with WGA, but I've never seen it.  I use OEM SLP activation whenever possible on OEM hardware (confirmed by the OEM sticker on the side of the case).

Also, BigBrit is right, if you compile your XP SP3 disc in a Vista environment, there are issues with VLK keys not being accepted.  Try building your disc in an XP environment.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

i second useing a sp3 slipstreamed source as a possable fix

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I'm using XP Pro and I've also had an issue with Home doing the same thing. The XP pro keys we get are OEM from XP PRO SP3 dics. The disc I'm using is SP2 slipstreamed so that might be why? I will try making a new Sp3 disc as a resolve.

Thanks for the replies guys, very much appreciate the help. Sorry for posting in the wrong section too, cheers for moving it. I'm going to try what BigBrit suggested and hopefully that will fix the issue. I'm going away for a few days on a short break but once tested I will post results. Cheers for the great support guys thanks smile