Topic: Are my drivers in the DriverPacks

I have about 25 eMachines, mostly T5246, T3626 and T3656, that I need to downgrade to Windows XP Pro from Vista Home. The reason is that my company runs software that does not work correctly with Vista. I have a Windows XP Pro retail cd that I want to test on 1 computer to downgrade to XP Pro. I want to creat a copy of it to include all the drivers that I need for all the computer bacause if this works then I will purchase more licenses and then just use this CD to install everything. My question, are all the drivers that I need for the 3 computers in all the DriverPacks on this site?

Last edited by VBP2004EP3 (2008-07-10 10:45:59)

Re: Are my drivers in the DriverPacks

Hi
you can find out.

get to overview, download all current DriverPacks you think they need (including 3rd part dp) and DriverPacks BASE.
Copy a 'test' OS like a corporate or a current XP SP3 (which does not ask key and has a nice grace period.) to hard disk, run the DriverPacks BASE, and build a source to burn to DVD.

connect a blank drive to one of those laptops (you can get a blank, I hope.)
(I know there ARE laptops with TWO hard drives.. if your company has those,  remove both and replace with two blanks)

set up.
report.
We do not have databases on individual laptops.
What YOU could do is post the HWID readouts from a working laptop, so we can look at those lines, but, you would actually also be able to do so.

HWID readout has like 40 lines.
you uncompress all DriverPacks.
you run a HWID readout
then you run search for content 'txt content' of a single line with 'PCI_VEN_ subsys (and no more) against extracted DriverPacks folder.
When there is NO match, search generic PCI_VEN_

there is a description on the meaning of life in the FAQ link in my sig.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

for the not so new.
you can use dragdrop INF info reader which is available in the testing FTP, under worksheets. (it is in some of those worksheets)

The worksheets themselves are NOT a complete set.
you run that tool against the folder where you extracted all driverpacks. (takes a while)
It builds a CSV.
Run search against that build, or create a dbase or excell from the CSV, and search in there.

The CSV (or excell) will have about 98 percent of what we carry, but not every thing.

There is alse a SED scanner in there. (it SADLY, uses a different format in rows)

That will only scan PCI, but will scan ALL PCI. (the vbs driverinfinforeader will read all sorts of hardware, but there are some drivers with malformed tabulation it does not read.)

(I know I wrote sed scanners for USB and audio but a drive failure zapped those)
I have SED scanned some and then manually added the output in the VBS format.. but you would not know that. sad

Last edited by Jaak (2008-07-10 11:56:01)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

VBP2004EP3
I forgot to say welcome.

the thought on writing something helpful that had not yet been written on HOW to find out what will/will not be supported occured after the third carriage return in first post.

We usually ask, please post HWID (and we think you know what we mean.).
(We explain HOW quite easy. We actually always meant the HWIDS from the computer that needs the drivers. I sometimes think we also have to explain that little important fact as well..)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Thank you for your reply... Unfortunetly I do not have time to do a sych exstensive test, plus on your first post you kinda lost me at "connect a blank driver"... Honeslty I was just looking for a simple yes or no if my drivers for XP were located in these files. Thank you for your help and if it's not to much trouble to find out pleae let me know.

a blank drive is a blank hard disk

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Jaak wrote:

a blank drive is a blank hard disk

I know what a blank drive is, let me refraze this, you lost me after connect a blank drive... Also the computer models I listed aren't laptops they are desktops....

Welcome, please let me clarify.

You can use a new non formatted hard drive right out of the bag, or, use a drive that has an OS on it and during the course of a Windows XP install you are offered the choice of deleting the partition(s). Delete the partition(s) and and choose "quick format" (takes less time).

This should also be the ONLY drive connected other that a DVD Reader, unplug all other Hard Drives and USB Card Readers, this makes sure the OS is installed on Drive C only and prevents data loss in case a second drive is connected.

Your DriverPack DVD will then install XP and all the drivers you integrated.

Please install DriverPacks using method 2, it is the more modern approach.

Good luck.

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_437B&SUBSYS_D6008086&REV_01\3&61AAA01&0&A2 : Microsoft UAA Bus Driver

Are you running SP3 or SP2 ???

The above HWID is included in SP3.

he is obviously not useing DriverPacks and he has given 0 info in four posts

(i deleted the other three identical cross posts)

he is about to run out of luck wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.