Topic: Make Unslipstream DriverPacks function optional

It drives me nuts when BASE deletes all of my files when I slipstream M1 MassStorage drivers. There's no reason it should be deleting the Presetup.cmd file that I use in this situation since the M1 MassStorage drivers method does not utilize Presetup.cmd.

So can we make this an option in BASE? Even if it's just a command line switch and not actually implemented into the GUI, that would be fantastic.

Re: Make Unslipstream DriverPacks function optional

DriverPacks must remove itself before adding itself...
since presetup.cmd is a DriverPacks file it will be removed.
you are welcome to use another filename for your situation...
I am not going to start rewriteing base for individual users (IE this benifits only you)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

It benefits anyone else that's using presetup to extract anything other than DriverPacks, e.g., anyone that uses RogueSpear's M2 AddOn.

I mean, it's no big deal. I just figured I'd request it since this is the place to do that. I can continue integrating my custom presetup after DriverPacks.

the files that are generated directly by the base program are officially supported. wink and are 100% working.
it is necessary to rewrite them in order to verify they are not missing or corrupt (or altered).

you certainly may alter them afterwards if you like... but it is and will be "unsupported"
please remember files like presetup.cmd might change with a newer release too... (unforeseeable reason)

PS adding new features to base is always a big deal...
it requires the time of the entire team; coder, dozens of testers, 20-translators, bug reporters, weeks of testing...
so if it is no big deal for you... ... ... wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

I just thought of somthing that i just assumed you were aware of...

this is not technicaly supported but should work just fine.

all packs except the mass storage can be substituted.

IE you can replace the old pack with a new one... just rename it to be 8.3 compliant (same as the one you replace)

remove DPGA804.7z and insert DPGA805.7z wink

Yeah, you're right. It's really not a big deal since slipstreaming new textmode MassStorage packs doesn't have to be done that often.

What exactly is done during a textmode MassStorage slipstream? I could just write a script to do that automatically so I don't have to use BASE --
This would also be cool since the BASE GUI tends to pops up (I run it via RogueSpear's AutoImage application, which I guess uses the BASE API) while I'm typing and I accidentally push space, which triggers the cancel button and stops the slipstream. Bloops.

the instructions for adding the drivers are documented at msfn...

it is not a simple 1 2 3 set of instructions... the modules that do this are a couple of thousand lines.

and not all drivers are the same... so they are treated differently so there are multiple sets of instructions.

i think you are being very disrespectful to Bâshrat the Sneaky by diminishing years of his work
by acting as if you could duplicate them in a few hours.

Bâshrat the Sneaky did it with batch files for quite some time before switching over to BASE. I have no doubt that I could do the same, especially considering that batch file scripting is my specialty (a deprecated and relatively useless specialty, I know). I am not disrespecting him in any manner of speaking. I think you're being out of line for even suggesting that I would disrespect such a great contributor to the MSFN community. I've always been one to help Bâshrat the Sneaky to the best of my ability, and I was even a beta tester for BASE during its development.

Okay you two just calm down...  wink
dumpydoody, I am sure that what is done in BASE would be a lot harder to duplicate than you think.. I have tried many a times to manually add in mass storage drivers and it is not easy and requires a lot of trial and error to get it right... And that was just for one driver. I can't imagine the time required to integrate as many as this awesome team has because many of the drivers are different and integrate differently. I'm sure you are great with batch files, but like I said it is not so simple. Of course you can go ahead and try and be sure to report back to us because if you can figure out a simple way to integrate mass storage drivers I would be all over it if it worked for 64bit versions of windows.
smile