Topic: Are spaces allowed in file/folder names?

Hi,

I'm currently playing around with various packs, but found a strange issue, which I can't find info about on Technet.

Several of the packs include a few files med spaces:
DP_Graphics_B_wnt5_x86-32_804\D\G\V2\VIA Graphics Driver Installation Guide_20061123.html
DP_Misc_wnt5_x86-32_71216\D\3\X\S\8532 camera.inf

And then some of the Devicelists/Supportlists as well.

If spaces ain't allowed, then we might run a post-packing script, that checks for files and folders with spaces.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm mainly talking about when integrating drivers in DRIVER.CAB.

Last edited by hansen (2008-05-17 00:36:03)

Re: Are spaces allowed in file/folder names?

we dont integrate drivers in driver.cab...

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I know, but as far as I can see, spaces among other characters aren't allowed in any CAB-files - well actually in drivers.

BASE doesn't integrate to DRIVER.CAB, but the packs are being used in various other projects, since it's the best drivers out there.

It would be simple for you guys to help a lot of other people.

Hi
I think we saw it as harmless..
I remember reports by some people whom would list all the files they (usually correct too) saw as "not needed for the workings of the driver".

a helpfile in html, a changelog, device list, or a readme.. that should not be an issue.
@ Third Party DriverPacks we ASK that a changelog/device list is included.

I figure slipstream tools will read the INF files and use the info like [copyfiles] in there to do what they do..
(you won't find the html file reference in that..)

I wish the people using DriverPacks in their own projects would help here

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.