Topic: [solved] Issue with a Toshiba Satellite notebook

Hello

I have a Toshiba Satellite 2450 notebook that I'm trying to automate a Windows install on.  So far, everything is working great - except the video and sound drivers.

The video device is an NVidia GeForce4 420 Go - which I would expect to find in Graphics pack A.

However, during setup (after the drivers get extracted), I start seeing messages about "Application or DLL nvcpl.dll/nvmctray.dll is not a valid Windows image" and so on.

From what I've read at http://www.laptopvideo2go.com/, NVidia does some funny stuff with their mobile drivers, presumably to keep the customer going back to the vendor (instead of NVidia).  I couldn't get the stuff at laptopvideo2go.com to work either, so I moved on.

Now I'm left with drivers right from Toshiba.  This is the only laptop I have of this configuration, and it's a loaner - so having it completely automated is ideal smile

The drivers for this laptop are available from Toshiba - I've downloaded them and installed them manually, and they work without a hitch.

So my question here is: These Toshiba drivers ..  should I make them a 3rd party driver pack, or set the drivers up manually in the OemPnpPath and hope dp_base works?  I don't really fancy the idea of breaking the rest of the drivers just for one device.  If I make the Toshiba drivers a 3rd party pack, how do I get Windows to pick the Toshiba drivers instead of the ones bundled with Graphics A?

Open to any suggestions...

Thanks,

Tim

Re: [solved] Issue with a Toshiba Satellite notebook

There was an issue where the G_A dp was corrupted on the server.  You may have downloaded this corrupted DP.  Please try the download again and verify the MD5 hash.

Oh, and welcome to DriverPacks.net! smile

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Re: [solved] Issue with a Toshiba Satellite notebook

That did the trick, thank you.  I never would have checked that, given that BASE was reporting nothing new.  Now on to the audio driver...

Thanks again!