Topic: Problem with webcam driverpack

Hello all,

Today, i've installed a PC with a Logitech webcam (i've forgotten the exact reference). And so during the detection of the peripherals, an EXE setup by Logitech popped-up. This program asked me to update. So i suppose it is WUApp32.exe.

I had to close the window and the driver get installed properly. However i'd like to avoid this EXE comes up next time. There's probably some modification to bring into the INF but i ignore which one.

Thank you.

Last edited by Lucius Snow (2008-04-30 09:36:13)

Re: Problem with webcam driverpack

Can you hit us with the HWID of the offending camera sir!

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Sorry i don't have the PC anymore. My fault, i should have taken the exact webcam model and the HWID.

Well i'm almost sure that WC\L\6 and WC\L\8 folders are concerned because they both have the guilty EXE (WUApp32.exe). Its description matches to what i got on the screen (Logitech Updater Software). I guess it's possible to clean the INF to remove references to the file. I might be able to try and test it, but i don't have the material hmm

if we don't have the HWID and the Hardware to test a pack against it is not likely to be resolved correctly.

Guessing doesn't help you or us. We will ba glad to help if you can gain access the this or similar system again.

it could be as simple as adding a /s to the call of the offending exe. We can't be sure without your help / input.

Thank you.
Being here makes you part of the team and we are grateful!

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Sure ... i understand. Unfortunately, i can't take away my customers PC. At least, i will look at the HWID next time.