Topic: How to slipstream for windows unattended installation

Dear all,

I am trying create a windows xp unattended CD inclusive of driverpacks. But i am unable to slipstream driverpacks. Can anyone please help?

thanks

much appriciated...

Re: How to slipstream for windows unattended installation

there is a link in my signature for the tutorial

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Hello, I've just ventured into UACD's and now trying to have at it. I have a question, Can I update the drivers on a Windows Folder that has older versions of the Driver Packs? Is it a simple matter of running the DP_Base again? over a ready to go, windows folders that have older versions of the driver packs. I hope that makes sense. I did look at your tutorial and didn't see any mention of this specifically. Great Tutorial BTW, and amazing Driver Packs.

Hi
We are working on a much better DpsBase which will clean up older DriverPacks slipstreams a LOT better.

For the time being, when DriverPacks releases a new mass storage pack, you have NO idea what the internal [INI] changes do when you run DpsBase with that new pack over a USED source. You read the tutorial and saw that? Good. When that newer base prevents such mistakes; the pandora tutorial will be rewritten.

For the time being: You can update a previously streamed source when you do not use a new mass storage pack version (because that is most likely to have killer changes on a few drivers in its INI).

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I slipstreamed the updated drivers to a source that had older driperpack versions. Created the .iso and tested it out on a virtual machine. It installed fine. Still, should I just leave the drivers that were already on there alone?

Quote from the tutorial: It is highly recommended you use either nLite or the RyanVM Integrator to slipstream the latest Service pack and/or current hotfixes before you run DPsBASE.
'End Quote

Does that mean that if you install windows and leave the automatic updates on, than all of your drivers will crash.

It happend to me when I was using winXP black edition so I don't want to make the same mistake as they did.

Sorry for bumping an old thread

Last edited by Ob3lix (2008-11-09 22:58:15)

What that means, is you integrate DriverPacks BASE into your source LAST!
This is only when building your install disc.  Once Windows is installed, you update normally. 
Besides, you can't use nlite or RVMI to load hotfixes into a running XP install.  That's just crazy wink

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

thank you very much on the info