Topic: Nlite 1.4.5 and latest driver pack not getting textmode SATA

I just installed a new machine to make sure it wasn't my setup.  I installed the latest (as of 25 MAR 08) nLite 1.4.5 and downloaded all the latest driver packs.  I am not using the SP3 floating around, just to verify.  I'm trying to make an MCE disc.  Everything goes fine, but when I insert the drivers, none of the textmode options show up from the mass storage driver pack.  Just to make sure, I inserted my old collection of SATA drivers and it asks for the textmode setup on each one.  Is it possible that the driver packs no longer have textmode drivers(unlikely)?

I went ahead and created the disc, and sure enough the textmode SATA drivers were not loaded.  when I used the disc I created adding in my old collection of SATA drivers, they were loaded.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Re: Nlite 1.4.5 and latest driver pack not getting textmode SATA

In order to use the driverpacks you must use driverpacks base to add them to your installation package.

there is a link to a tutorial in my signature below...

that should get you started. thanks for asking and we're glad you found us.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Thanks for the info.  I tried it using DPBase and have determined that this installation method is a pain in the ass.  I really don't want a separate installation to occur while installing windows.  That kind of defeats the purpose of an unattended install.  Thanks anyway.

zaph1 wrote:

Thanks for the info.  I tried it using DPBase and have determined that this installation method is a pain in the ass.  I really don't want a separate installation to occur while installing windows.  That kind of defeats the purpose of an unattended install.  Thanks anyway.

I guess I don't catch what you are saying, The DPBase is a simple process that will unattendedly extract drivers (Method 2) so that they are available before the windows setup starts GUI mode or compress all of the drivers and copy them to the system drive (Method 1) ... again all before windows starts GUI mode setup.

Slipstream your XP source with nLite and any addons, download and install DPBase, download the desired driverpacks, launch DPBase select the Directory for the source of the XP install disk you are making, check what DriverPacks you want... click slipstream and wait... then burn the source to a disk.

The actual windows setup is still completely unattended, as long as you have setup options within nLite correctly.

Last edited by twig123 (2008-03-27 02:52:26)

If it is your goal to only support just a single machine then you are right this is the wrong place for you.

you can use nLite to add single drivers to your installation. you can find help on how to to that in their forum.

supporting all available hardware does require extracting them and telling windows they are.
(you can try and call it a separate installation but it is actually an OEM designed function of windows setup)

That kind of defeats the purpose of an unattended install.  Thanks anyway.

Um... NO. This enables an unattended install.
Unattended means no user interaction. Our process requires no user input - NONE.
(unattended refers to during the windows install - everything has to be setup of course - same as you have to setup nLite)
Now, if you don't use Driverpacks the install will have to be attended (to supply the drivers).
Applying what we know - and unattended install is more likely with the packs.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.