Topic: Base For BartPE and MassStorage 8.021 Si3112r Issue

This is my first post here so Hi! to everyone... I'm working with BartPE on a day basis since 2003 and I recently discovered DriverPacks, thanks to everyone here do bring this project to life.

I got a problem with the 8.021 issue of the MassStorage pack, no Si3112r support is compiled... I tried an older version, 7.04 and the files are present in the resulting package but nothing about Si3112r in the 8.021. Even if they are present in the S5 section of the 7z file.

Any information about something wrong ?

Thanks for your help...

Re: Base For BartPE and MassStorage 8.021 Si3112r Issue

you must rearrange the pack slightly SI drivers are quite a PITA

whether base mode or raid mode works depends on which appears first in the mass storage INI (in the pack)

there are quite a few posts on here about the SI RAID issues do a little searching and post again if you need more info.

this post needs to be in the BartPE section so i moved it.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Hi,
welcome to DriverPacks.

I assume you read the INI of the old and latest mass storage pack.
Well, if you scroll through mass_INI 704 you will notice some sections are not in alphabetic order.

This is done to change load order.
In Mass_8021 the INI sections for Silicon RAID were all put after each other (one block of NON-RAID and one block of RAID was the result) and a comment line was added, so it is fairly easy to see where NON-RAID and RAID block starts.

This was done with a section move in mind.
It was posted in changelog as well.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Thanks for the reply... I've already done the section swap last time with 8.021 INI, no si3112r driver was compiled... I will try another time...

make sure the mass storage plugin is enabled in pebuilder

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.