Topic: [SOLVED] Usability problem: WHERE to donate?!

Hey guys!!

Sorry, maybe I'm blind, or haven't had enough coffee today yet,

but WHERE IS THE DONATE button/link!?

There should be a nice big one right on top....

Last edited by Wim Leers (2009-02-22 11:09:49)

Re: [SOLVED] Usability problem: WHERE to donate?!

http://www.driverpacks.net/DriverPacks/donate.php

I never realized it wasn't easy to find on the site...

there is a donate link in the program on the about page.

You are right, it should be "a nice big one right on top"

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Thank you, look for my donation smile

I looked for about 15 minutes, no joke, thought I was going crazy.

Well, we had this nice big flashy thingy up in the right corner a while back when we we specifically looking for funding for the new server.

I guess that did attract more views than the simple note in the BASE at the very end and some of our sigs, eh? wink

Well, maybe you could forgo the "big flashy thingy" and just put a button up top/top side. It would of helped me.. smile

Donated btw, Thanks guys!

the BIG flashy thing was less annoying and quite a bit smaller than any adsense disturbance I see when I log in as guest.
The "chipin" drive was for a good cause, and it was quite successful.
I am all for a a more obvious (non annoying) donation button in the site's pages because I know that hosting and maintaining a site costs mone.

When Bâshrat the Sneaky told us he decided to go open source, it was not to reap big bucks.
BUT.. we have seen people spend money out of own pocket while helping out.
This is not about team members getting paid for the work, nor is it to offset expenses people make while helping you.
It is about keeping DriverPacks afloat.

The chipin money spent for the software what will run on the new site and the server it will run on was not wasted.
I think that there are few peope here who ever transferred a non-compatible forum to a new host running a new forum software. I have done that a couple times. We had a small board, and the moderators (twelve people) worked three days to summarise the live threads and start the new board. The old forum was closed when we was ready, and the posts there was kept with links to old board. MUCH later, the board moved again, and we had to use google cache to link to old knowledge.

This here is a very small community using poor bulletin software.
However, there is a goldmine of knowledge here..
Have you ever wondered what we accomplished here?
I spent hundreds of hours writing in fora, but there is an average of at least five hours of work by one person before  one driver gets tested in public. At other fora, I can write a single line with a hint. I usually write more than one. All of the great helpers here have spent a lot of time behind the scene thinking and working on solutions. What you see is a reply, and the person may have worked on that fix for 61 days.
It is only an estimate.. I could bet that when you see what Bâshrat the Sneaky, overFlow, Erik, Ruud, and all of the great helpers here have spent behind the scene, the average of their work done per post is a lot more than five hours.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Yes, I'll make this MUCH more clear on the new site smile

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

It *is* much clearer on the new site smile See http://dev.driverpacks.net for the current version.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com