Topic: mouse not working in vmware after driverpack applied

after integrating the driver packs, the mouse doesnt work upon installation of windows.
but when i navigate with the keyboard to control panel and in device manager, remove the the mouse driver, reboot, the mouse then does works.

ive yet to try it on an actual system, but a solution would appreciated since my windows release will be uploaded on torrents and the public will have a go on vmware first to see the quality of my work before choosing to install it on there system

thanks

Re: mouse not working in vmware after driverpack applied

Ok, so you intend to make a personal, public release of 'windows'.

You work for Microsoft??  If not, then the 'quality of your work' includes theft and piracy.

my quality of work is in the boot screen and icons changes ive made aside from service tweaks.
reduction of size with nlite
i believe piracy and re-theft of windows would be correct if i was to include my license key in the release, which of course im not

I've never had any mouse issue in VMware, however, we do not promote nor condone warez.

oh i figured it out. it must be the third party drivers im lacing in
its a custom windows im nlite 'n, themed around the mini asus eee laptops

off topic
its going to be server 2003 based, its unattended and will not include my own license...

so im wondering, do you guys think the public will shell out $700 for a server edition of windows to obtain the key.
or any will have server edition? probably some IT kids, but i guess i should stick to xp were almost everyone has there own professional key

the only reason im modding server 2003 is because ive had it for years and cant imagine using xp ever again due to huge performance differences.

I used to load a bunch of 3rd Party drivers and seemed to have problems. All I use now is Modem and Monitor, seem to have less problems.

Hope this helps.

p.s. There are a couple patches for XP that increase the IP stack to 100 or more (more Network users).
Nlite has a "option" to increase to 1000.

I have used this for small server requirements where the company is small and has limited funds, also requires less maintenance.

Last edited by BigBrit (2008-01-17 13:18:08)

yes i bleive the public routinly buy their software.

redistributing windows with or without the key is, i belive, a copyrite violation (your distributing copys).
not only that they are not original copys. you have hacked them.

if you wish to distribute your work i suggest you do so as a package that can be added to the users own copy. IMO

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

BigBrit wrote:

p.s. There are a couple patches for XP that increase the IP stack to 100 or more (more Network users).
Nlite has a "option" to increase to 1000.

I have used this for small server requirements where the company is small and has limited funds, also requires less maintenance.

thanks for the advice, ive actually made a handful of releases now so im pretty knowledgeable about the tweaks.
ill have to read this forum to see what 3rd party files i really need to include for the pack as i threw them all in with the setup.exe and the downside to that is 100megs on the cd.

here is a service tweak thats compatible with xp and server i use to reduce ram and cpu cycles.
the picture shows the vital services that are kept for 90% functionality
this also disables xp firewall by the way

http://i12.tinypic.com/8antsgz.jpg
http://www.mediafire.com/?01m2x02dkwx

Last edited by burnabycomputer (2008-01-17 14:52:30)

OverFlow wrote:

yes i bleive the public routinly buy their software.

redistributing windows with or without the key is, i belive, a copyrite violation (your distributing copys).
not only that they are not original copys. you have hacked them.

if you wish to distribute your work i suggest you do so as a package that can be added to the users own copy. IMO

ive thought of that before but unfortunetly i lack any technical experience behind that stuff, im specially envious of the vista transformation pack tho.
http://www.windowsxlive.net

i hope microsoft doesnt come after me for a keyless image, but there isnt anything wrong with hacking nlite styles right? just the boot, welcome, and icon mods i do?

I am not a lawyer -
it is my understanding that it is wrong and that they could and might take legal action for what you are intending to do.
I can't give you legal advise, however, if you don't have more money that MS it is unlikely a court battle would go your way.

I personaly have spent thousands on OS's - including a personal MSDN membership.
My clients buy thiers as well and some of my clients have also susbcribed to MSDN to explore options.

If something works for you then buy it.

PS the donate button on this site works for that too.

Then if you want to hack your copy of 2003 server into 2003 workstation
on your machine with your valid license that is up to you.

i have a server licence set aside for my UBCD4Win cd.
Good tools cost money and usually they are worth it.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

I Have to agree with OverFlow. I buy ALL software for my clients and my MSN license.

Microsoft has fined two PC companies where I live who were selling non licensed XP/2003/Office and it cost them $100K each, they closed down.

If you modify THEIR software and post it even if it's free, they will take you to court. I urge you to rethink this.

XP etc. is not like Linux, it is not Public Domain. Microsoft OWNS XP etc.

BigBrit wrote:

XP etc. is not like Linux, it is not Public Domain. Microsoft OWNS XP etc.

to add to that... you are "LEASING" the copy of windows... it is NOT yours!
Microsoft still owns windows and if your read the licensing agreement... they can take it back at any time as well... kinda like a crude repo man =P

its a good thing i dont own anything
really, not even a car

so do the math your starting at 0 then subtract 100k you won't be able to own anything any time soon either....