Topic: Base 712b looks good

Used Base 7.12b and ALL the nightlies 01-12-08 and created an XP DVD with SP3 and CAB AddOns with RyanVM

GigaByte GA-G33M-DSR2
Realtek ALC889A Sound
Realtek RTL8111B NIC
TI IEEE 1394
JMicron 368 RAID
iTE IT 8718 I/O

Device Manager is clean and everything work OK
If you need HWID's please let me know, but as everything works, probably no need !!!

Just dropped a XFX 8600GT 512m in there and loaded the driver, wonderful.

Another great coding project, you guys are really great.

May have an AMD AM2 PC in this afternoon for XP reload, ATI video. Will let you know

Sorry I had to post here, I don't have the option to "New Post" in the Testing section.

Re: Base 712b looks good

I agree.  712b looks almost good enough to be final!
I tried most of the functions and everything just works!
I got an odd crash/reboot when I accidentally checked "MassStorage Text Mode" without selecting a MassStorage DP (QSC was empty, MS DP was available but not selected).

The text-mode option should be greyed-out if a MassStorage DP isn't selected.

Great job Jeff!

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

can we get a change log for DB_base 712?

712b is not ready.
It dosent have the Proxy support ive requested in  feature requests, added yet. I need this for the update page in the base to work, along with a few other people too.

Last edited by chiners_68 (2008-01-14 01:32:51)

chiners_68 wrote:

712b is not ready.
It dosent have the Proxy support ive requested in  feature requests, added yet. I need this for the update page in the base to work, along with a few other people too.

Maybe 712C may solve the Proxy support.

I personally see no problems in making 712b final as everything I have thrown at it works, SP3, HiDef Audio etc.

I agree with the previous thoughts that frequent updates that fix problems incrementally are better than more complete updates once a year.
It also gives the people who do the programming a little rest and that frequent "feel good" for their hard work.

We would all like everything in the Feature Request List programmed and tested in 3 days but as we all know, every update is a lot of work.

mass storage text mode should work alone (without mass storage PnP selected)

can i get some more feedback on the failure -

mass storage textmode should be selectable even if no other packs are to be added... as long as a valid mass storage pack is available.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Is the Mass problem happening with older versions of Base or just with 7.12b ????

I can test with either of them if it will help.

OverFlow wrote:

can i get some more feedback on the failure -

Sorry, already overwrote the log file.  The error happened with 7.12b using one of the nightly MS DriverPacks (7.124 I think).
Anyway, I was wrong about the greyed options, they work fine.  I misunderstood the Base options.  I didn't realize that Text-mode could be separated from PnP mode.  Duh!

If I see the error again, I'll post the log file.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!