Topic: Need a hdaudio driver

i just switched my compaq presario f500 from vista to xp and everything is going great but i need a driver for my Conexant Cx20549 @ nVIDIA nForce 430 can anyone post an xp version driver that will make my sound work.

Re: Need a hdaudio driver

I downloaded the driver pack B.  I hope I have better luck because going from Vista to XP killed my audio.  'm having same problem as you but with Compaq Presario C500.   sad

hello Kiatei and eruditejok3r
Welcome to DriverPacks. We're glad your here!

Try useing DriverPacks BASE to integrate the DriverPacks into your installation disk.

We do not provide individual drivers - that is the responsibility of the manufacturer.

If you use the DriverPacks and find that a driver is not included then you can request we add it to the packs.
in order to make that request we will need the HWID of the device and a link to the driver.

please read the links in my sig below.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Kiatei wrote:

i just switched my compaq presario f500 from vista to xp and everything is going great but i need a driver for my Conexant Cx20549 @ nVIDIA nForce 430 can anyone post an xp version driver that will make my sound work.

I got the Compaq-Presario-C710ED i mailed Compaq and got some usefull info on my type of laptop. You could try and mail them to.

Well this is some of the info i got. Maybe its a bit usfull for you:

Before installing the Audio and modem drivers in your Notebook you have to install the Microsoft update(UAA) driver

Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Driver for High Definition Audio, must be installed on the notebook before installing Audio and Modem drivers:

You can download Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Bus Drivers from the following
link

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp33501-34000/sp33867.exe

Conexant High Definition Audio Drivers:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp34001-34500/sp34200.exe

Installing Audio drivers may result in an error. But continue with the
following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly. Open the Device Manager:

1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click
Update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to
install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the
list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp34200 folder and select the .inf (wis30b2a)
file and click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
Similarly install Modem Drivers