Topic: [NOTEBOOK special] DP Compaq Presario C710ED

In this pack are all drivers for the nice Notebook. (Eccept for the sata drivers)

MD5 Hash: 7345C5CD6240F5AF0137CF6B00891834
Decompressed Size: 60.1 MB (63,029,144 bytes) MB
Compressed Size: 8.53 MB (8,953,917 bytes) MB

Download DP Compaq Presario C710ED:

All install very nice, except for 2 device's named in the hardware list. The 2 device's are:
The Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus and Conexant HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartC

Those can be installed easy by unpacking and sellecting the drivers from the driverpack.

Last edited by utcollector (2007-12-19 11:00:32)

Re: [NOTEBOOK special] DP Compaq Presario C710ED

Since you are not useing DriverPacks why are you posting here?

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

OverFlow wrote:

How do you come to the conclusion that i dont use DriverPacks? I do use them some years now.

I post here because its a usefull 3rd party DP. If people want the xp drivers for this notebook the will have to look really hard. And they have to download over 160 mb. My small DP got all drivers offert as a simple solution.

Last edited by utcollector (2007-12-19 11:58:16)

utcollector wrote:
OverFlow wrote:

How do you come to the conclusion that i dont use DriverPacks? I do use them some years now.

Well, then how comes the UAAHDA drivers aren't installing properly (which is also the reason for the modem failing because soft modems are always connected to the SC)?

Also, if you really were using the DriverPacks, you'd know that we make packs per device class rather than per system, as is your attempt.
It would help a lot more if you split up your pack and posted any missing devices in the approproate sub-forums so these drivers can be added to those respective packs rather than having to integrate a whole new pack just to support one model of notebook.

Helmi wrote:
utcollector wrote:
OverFlow wrote:

Well, then how comes the UAAHDA drivers aren't installing properly (which is also the reason for the modem failing because soft modems are always connected to the SC)?

Also, if you really were using the DriverPacks, you'd know that we make packs per device class rather than per system, as is your attempt.
It would help a lot more if you split up your pack and posted any missing devices in the approproate sub-forums so these drivers can be added to those respective packs rather than having to integrate a whole new pack just to support one model of notebook.

Hi,

I spent a lot of time finding, installing and testing the driver. I even wrote a email to the Compaq/HP company to ask xp drivers. I got some more info than a other person posted on the web.

I'm not a person that will do things just because others do it that way. I personally liked the per system idea (for laptop). Like i make costum made xp cd's. If i can be more helpfull in the future i try.

Im not a expert of driver ore the steps they get installed. Sow i can not tell why the UAAHDA dont get installed properly. You tell me how to fix it and i will try. I know that even installing the drivers from in xp is a bit tricky.

This is the small guide:

Installing Audio drivers may result in an error. But continue with the
following steps to get the audio driver installed correctly.
Cristina: Open the Device Manager:

1. Click on Start and select Run. Now type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
2. Right click on "Audio device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click
Update driver.
3. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
4. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to
install"
5. Click Next and then select "Sound, video and game controller" from the
list.
6. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
7. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp34200 folder and select the .inf (wis30b2a)
file and click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions.
Cristina: Similarly install Modem Drivers:

Conexant HDAUDIO Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP drivers:

1.Right click on "Modem device on High Definition Audio Bus" and click
Update driver.
2. Select "Install from a list or specific location"
3. Click Next. Then select "Don't search, I will choose the driver to
install"
4. Click Next and then select "Modem" from the
list.
5. Click Next and then click Have Disk.
6. Click Browse C:\swsetup\sp33890 folder and select the .inf (wis30b2b)
file and click open and Continue with the onscreen instructions

If im right slipstreaming sp3 will help fix that problem. Using Ryan's latest XP Post-SP2 Update Pack 2.2.1 will fix the problem to.
Its this hotfix that is needed: KB888111 - Universal Audio Architecture High Definition Audio Class Driver Version 1.0a

Helmi wrote:
utcollector wrote:
OverFlow wrote:

Driverpacks installs KB888111 and always has - same for Ryan.
in fact Base looks to see if RyanVM has been installed so it doesn't have to be installed twice.

however if you do not install any of the official DriverPacks Sound packs we don't install the KB888111...

So i can only assume that you are not installing our sound packs nor are you useing the RVM Integrator.

PS no SP3 does not include KB888111

Please check out "read before you post" by Bâshrat the Sneaky in my signature.
It would help a lot if you included the minimum required details. (re #4)

Thanks for your input and feedback it is welcomed.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.