exc_1_tagFiles    = 1
exc_1_tagFile1    = "%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\smwdm.sys"
exc_1_+hwids    = 0
exc_1_-hwids    = 0
exc_1_+infFiles    = 1
exc_1_+infFile1    = "%DPSROOT%\D\S\SM\A\3\*.inf"
exc_1_-infFiles    = 0
exc_1_commands    = 1
exc_1_command1    = ""%DPSROOT%\D\S\SM\A\3\Setup.exe" /s /f1"%DPSROOT%\D\S\SM\A\3\Setup.iss""

this adds 24 meg to the driverpack BTW

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Re: [REQ] hwid fix

Hi Jaak & Overflow sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Overflow is correct that is how I got it to work here is what I used in the ini file. Overflow I was following you instructions to the tee and that was the problem in the beginning I was using exc_1_command1    = "%DPSROOT%\D\S\S\U\Setup.exe" /s /f1"%DPSROOT%\D\S\S\U\Setup.iss" instead of using this for the directory layout ( \D\S\SM\A\3\ ) I am going to do another build this evening with this (exc_1_command1    = "%DPSROOT%\D\S\SM\A\3\Setup.exe" /s /f1"%DPSROOT%\D\S\SM\A\3\Setup.iss") to make sure it still work and I have also removed some files that are not need I am going to ty and remove some other files I think are not need to slim it down some more also do we need all the language files in the control panel install?

[SM-A-3]
; REQUIRED
exc_count        = 1
; OPTIONAL
exc_1_tagFiles    = 1
exc_1_tagFile1    = "%SystemRoot%\system32\drivers\smwdm.sys"
exc_1_+hwids    = 0
exc_1_-hwids    = 0
exc_1_+infFiles    = 1
exc_1_+infFile1    = "%DPSROOT%\D\S\SM\A\3\*.inf"
exc_1_-infFiles    = 0
exc_1_commands    = 1
exc_1_command1    = "%DPSROOT%\D\S\SM\A\3\Setup.exe /S"
http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/5NQ1BpqvDa_0vDwtHeoZCcSJjOVNuvMXSp4i7SE7DQA/perpetual:forever/userbar/moderator-1.png

Hi Jaak hope things are well I have a question about another hwid you removed.

This hwid was in this folder D/S/SM/A/3/0 (Sound B) and was in this inf file (smwdmSIS.inf) PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_7012&SUBSYS_810D1043 and this is where it should have stayed it looks like you deleted it and keep the one in (Sound A) D/S/R/1/ (alcxauiz.inf) This hwid is for an ASUS A7S8X-MX motherboard and is in folder 13 of the drivers Debugger posted.

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/5NQ1BpqvDa_0vDwtHeoZCcSJjOVNuvMXSp4i7SE7DQA/perpetual:forever/userbar/moderator-1.png

Hi dolivas

You have the same problem now, If just resume the HWID "PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_7012&SUBSYS_810D1043" to D/S/SM/A/3/0 (Sound B) and remove it in (Sound A) D/S/R/1/ (alcxauiz.inf) , The realtek device it's HWID is "PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_7012&SUBSYS_810D1043"  will have problem.

try leaving it in both and let pnp decide see how that shakes out.

sys prepers can deal with a couple of dupes ;-)

Last edited by OverFlow (2007-11-14 19:44:19)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Hi OverFlow

There are Hundreds of duplicate HWIDS has been removed in DP_Sound_B_wnt5_x86-32_71103_nightly, I think all should be remain especially BTW the different manufactory

Last edited by realhyg (2007-11-14 20:29:56)

pnp may can not decide since they have same hwid.
it seems pnp use hwid(which os acquire from bios) to detect.

I don't know how everest detect that, maybe by motherboard?

i write a small program to detect duplicate items.

http://blog.vckbase.com/Files/BastEt/InfExtractor.rar

we can certaily tell if it can decide correctly from the api log

sevencat wrote:
I don't know how everest detect that, maybe by motherboard?

I think Everest detect that by motherboard id, for example, type in google: nf-ck804-6a61fg0ac-00 (that name shows my motherboard below screen when it detects ram, cpu and hard disks), and you will know what it is Gigabyte K8NF9. More example: 63-122-0000010-00101111-090806-intel-p4i6g122-y2kc means AsRock P4I65G.

To all - if we are could to create a program to detect motherboard id before fake setup, and to create the motherboard id database (or to find it somewhere), we are will to install all problem drivers ideally, each problem driver for each problem motherboard.

Errrrgh, I'm so tired to transform my thougths in English smile

OverFlow wrote:

we can certaily tell if it can decide correctly from the api log

api log can only tell you how they rank drivers (signautaure,date,hwid,capid)
but never beyond those, same hwid setupapi.dll can't detect.

I read some of setupapi.dll's code,they can't do more than hwid.

to:Debugger

In fact ,yesterday i google and no found detail motherboard database.

sevencat, then we will have to create our own database... sad

then where to start?

Hi,
I have no idea how Bâshrat the Sneaky wants to do it.

Sorry guys, I must have appeared very scarce this week. I did get notifications of your replies in my email but had no time to follow up on your reports.
I hope I can work on the pack tomorrow, because I want to apply the fixes.
(The removal of a SiS HWID in a SiS driver must be undone, for instance.)

While software can help making lists, it was not software that made decisions when choices had to be made.
I hope I can fix this by undoing some wrong choices.

I read that there ought to be no removals.
Erm.. removing approx 2000 duplicated HWIDs may seem like an 'overkill' effort, but the pack did not work right when it was not done.
I'll reread your reports tomorrow, and will do what I can so as to have a new test pack available before Sunday.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

@Jaak

I totally agree with you the removals were necessary and need to stay. Yes some were removed that probably needed to stay but for the most part I would bet it did more good then bad. We need to continue to work together when there are problems we need people to post the log files so that fixes can be implemented and then tested and reported back to us. I know the work you have done has helped me and I would like to think the fixes that I have offered to others has helped them. The bottom line is nothing is going to be perfect but if everyone contributes information we can fix a majority of the problems.

Thanks again
Jaak, Overflow, Debugger and the others who have help me in the last month,
dolivas

I wonder about making the excell worksheet links available here.
The worksheets are on FTP, and those with access to tester forum should have found those.

I am not a data mining expert.
(hehe, I am not an expert in anything..)
The raw output from the tool has to be looked at with argus eyes, because there are drivers what have 'dupes' in the inf. The tool is not ALWAYS able to gather Operating System info from the Inf, so I had to look at content to see why dupes was there.
That was like work.

I've seen a driver that had "suspicious" lines in it, and sure enough, the next update fixed it.
It also added wdm copies of the INF files that had not existed before..

I've seen drivers that had dupes in it that were real errors by the OEM.
(like in, they added their HWID, and it already existed. It did not call different settings/registry sections.)
It was NOT for some particular dual card. The excell shows wher I found one of those.. I marked it "B" so it would no longer hilite.. The tool's raw output does show duplicate lines caused by sections which are duplicated across drivers for registry entries. They are not HWID dupes.)

The worst are those that let generic HWIDs exist, where the only thing they really had to have is their specific ones because they have changed SYS files.
The generics fight a battle.
Windows can get information from an INF what can claim that a driver is newer, where the systemfile is actually older or same, or not suitable.
Nobody said it was easy. You guys at least try to help.

Last edited by Jaak (2007-11-17 11:08:04)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I updated the post just above this one.
The latest realtek driver update added wdm INF.
I thought wdm was the older driver model.
(edit> it had no changes in the SYS files. cats and infs only)

I'll run the tool, and expect realtek to again claim it does SiS and Via, and Nvidia like it's their own, and I'll probably find same dupes.
(Oh, it added ONE new specific HWID, and corrected a subsys 00000000)

Last edited by Jaak (2007-11-17 11:19:22)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

@Jaak

Hope things are well I have a question about where we are at with the test packs. Moving forward do we plan on using these and if so what are we going to do when there are updated drivers like is the case right now with R/1 and R/2 in the new Sound A that muiz just released? R/1 has all kinds of HWIDS  that looks like you had removed there is also work that is going on with the Sound Blaster cards, I have ordered some of the different sound blaster cards so I can help test. It seems that we have all kinds of test packs being worked on by different people which is excellent but I was just wondering  do you all have a common goal if so what is it should I stop using the test pack with the HWIDS removed and start use the one that muiz, mr_smartepants and other are working on? Just looking for some direction also do we plan on implementing the fix for the SoundMAX control panel that I tested it works and fixes the error when running the directX diag sound test.

Thanks,
dolivas

We are all working on different pieces that will all come together. The things that get tested and prove effective will be in a final release.
Not all of our test packs make it. most do. We can release (main team members) at any time we wish. We choose not to release garbage and look foolish if we can help it.  we don't always win that battle due to shortages of active testers and the broad base of hardware they bring to the table. You can take advantage of the fact that Muiz has pronounced it a final. that implies he is done with his peice of the pie.
Download his test version to see if it is broken by testing it. Once you realize its not broken add your fix and put it up as  test pack 71122
and can be the next release. i assure you no ones work will be abandoned if it is needed and effective. I had that happen to me when i signed on here and before it was open source.

I can add your fix right now if i want... lets proceed slowly and with due caution.

Last edited by OverFlow (2007-11-22 19:30:25)

Excellent thanks for the update I just wanted to make sure I wasn't wasting time test things no one cares about. I will contiune to test and report back I would like to know if the HWID removal work Jaak has been doing is being tested? I have been testing it and it seems to have fixed several problems I was having with the sound packs.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and enjoy the family today......

Good work guys.

Sound_A_7115_prunefix

Oh, the semicolon is again out of the INF. smile

MD5 hash
05528d24affa832b17f7fe4aeec4449b  DP_Sound_A_wnt5_x86-32_7115_prunefix.7z
====
Sound B prunefix

updated
C\2 Cmedia open source from 10/01/2007,1.1.6 to 11/21/2007,1.1.7

NEW
C\5 Cmedia 108, 12/30/2004,5.12.01.0042.7 (62.2) (lucky2007)

Sound_B_7115_prunefix

MD5 hash
7225f3073c07457d0bdbf13a617eab85  DP_Sound_B_wnt5_x86-32_7115_prunefix.7z

Last edited by Jaak (2007-11-27 08:57:31)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I hope this is the last test version..
7115 versions dated 26th are uploaded.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Jaak did you not want to include the fix I posted for the SoundMax Control panel? I want to run one more test with the ini file like OverFlow suggested but I will not have time until tomorrow. The way I posted it before works fine and fix the directX sound test. I will add it to the latest test pack and retest it tomorrow.

Thanks,
dolivas

hi
I am beginning to think we need a sound_C, for soundmax. smile
We could fill up a DVD with the control panels, I guess. sad
All joking aside, fact is, I did not get the files. (never saw the upload?)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.