Topic: Creating a BartPE CD with DriverPacks.

Hi,

First of all, I downloaded DriverPacks with DriverPack Base just yesterday and saw this option to integrate with a BartPE disc. This option is pretty cool and it works.

Unfortunately, the current support is only with the MassStorage DriverPack. I was thinking of building one with a few DriverPacks of my choice. I am thinking if I could slipstream the DriverPacks with my Winxp cd, burn the result into a cd and then build the BartPE disc with this new cd. Will this achieve my desired results?

If yes, I wonder if someone can explain to me about this method 1 or method 2 option in the dialog settings. Method 2 mentions something on creating a fake setup before acting on the real one. I am afraid to proceed as it seems like it will affect my current windows setup, which is the last thing I want. Can someone be kind enough to explain?

Thanks,
David

Re: Creating a BartPE CD with DriverPacks.

Welcome to driverpacks.net - thanks for posting

"I am thinking if I could slipstream the DriverPacks with my Winxp cd, burn the result into a cd and then build the BartPE disc with this new cd."

no pebuilder will only copy files that are in its internal list of files, so any added drivers would be ignored.
LAN and the other packs will be comeing out this winter as i have the time.

Method two merely saves space on the install disk (around 300MB) and avoids an oempnpdriverspath limitation of 4096 characters. I think our curent folder structure is around 6000 so a few hundred of the drivers would not be available to setup.

we rename setup.exe and use a dummy one we wrote. It extracts the driverpacks, adds them to the PNP search path, then calls the original setup file which we rename.

It will not break ANY existing funtionality of windows setup

Last edited by OverFlow (2007-11-12 22:34:41)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Hi Overflow,

Thanks for the reply. I better understand this now. smile

David

Thanks for asking and have a great day.

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.