Topic: Got stuck with KTD update. Help please.

Well... I have an universal image I restore to various hardware. Last driverpacks I've used there was issued for an year ago.
So, I've decided to update them. I use driverpacks for Mass Storage, LAN, Chipset and AMD Cpu.
The problem is - that I'm getting constant reboots on Intel Chipsets (on one platform at the very beginning - before sysprep mini-setup is launched, on other - after all hardware detected) - BSODS (the one I've noticed was 0x00000024 error). As far as I have tested - this happens only on Intel chipsets - NVIDIA, VIA and SIS seems to work perfectly.
What I did:
1. Unpacked my source image to clean HDD.
2. Removed %SystemRoot%\DriverPacks directory.
3. Slipstreamed driverpacks to WXP SP2 Source on Hard Drive on another computer (using method 1 and enabling KTD for ALL drivers)
4. Copied this files and directories to C:\ (System drive) of recently restored system:

ATICCC.ins
D
devcon.exe
DPsFnshr.exe
DPsFnshr.ini
DSPdsblr.exe
makePNF.exe
mute.exe
pmtimer.exe

5. Copied and overwrited respective files from %CDdrive%\$OEM$\$$\INF to %Systemroot%\Inf
6. Launched DPsFnshr.exe to enable KTD (though, I needed to press "Continue installation" for multiple times - Driver Signing Policy disabler was not working).

Any help?
Or if possible - tell me how can I properly update already installed driverpacks (or re-install new ones) to target system?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by [dk] (2007-11-07 17:29:51)

Re: Got stuck with KTD update. Help please.

Uh.  Yeah...

2. Removed %SystemRoot%\DriverPacks directory.

You're making the process a lot harder than you should.  All you need to do is run the DriverPacks base again.  DriverPacks base will recognize the old DriverPacks and automatically remove/replace them for you.  At least, the current base does that.  Not sure if you're running an outdated base or not.

~TigerC10~

@tiger he is talking about the destination not the source

Tiger is right you are doing this the hard way you need to create a new installation source (or use base to update your old source) to create a new image. trying to update an existing system image would be a VERY tough job.

Check out this post http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=2115

Last edited by OverFlow (2007-11-08 17:16:42)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Thanks, guys for quick responses smile
Unfortunately - I have lots of preinstalled software on that image... thus it could take considerable time to reinstall'em... is there any way to substitute old driverpacks (KTD) with new one?

it would be an arduous task

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

OverFlow wrote:

trying to update an existing system image would be a VERY tough job.

Oh I see.  I thought he was talking about updating an install CD.  To update a system that's already got the drivers on it - yeah...  That'd be tough.

~TigerC10~