Topic: hdaudbus.sys in the wrong directory ?

Hello,

Like other people, I have a problem with hdaudbus.sys file during Windows setup. It ask for Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio Installation Disk #1.

I found that the file seems to be in the wrong directory. By default, windows is searching in C:\$WIN_NT$.~LS, and the file is in C:\$WIN_NT$.~ BT. By changing it manually, it works.

I don't know DP enough to define a workaround, but if you have one, it would be a nice thing ! yikes)

Adrien

Re: hdaudbus.sys in the wrong directory ?

AFAIK this works fine for the majority by far. I suppose you're using some special install system?

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Works fine for me, no problems.

(And look whos here........Bâshrat the Sneaky finaly ! smile )

I'm getting this too... I'm using Unattended (unattended.sf.net) to do the install, which might be stuffing things.

Any ideas on a solution? I wish MS would give us easy ways to integrate things instead of these hacks... Do they not install new hardware in their offices?

Can someone explain why this happens? What causes this hdaudio driver to be the only one that gets this "wrong dir" problem? And why does it only happen with certain methods of installing?

It's not a case sensitivity thing (and thus hitting people who store their files on *nix boxes) is it?

again after long time of dis-appear , i get this error with the latest driverpacks. and funny, i always do the same installation with the dp-base, nothing special , no special addons or whatever..

i create dp-included xp's always from 2 sources . xp_pro_sp2_OEM , and some xp_pro_sp2_VLK cd , both original retail cd's , no download stuff or whatever.

OEM and VLK worked with all driverpacks for long time, and after updatting the driverpacks last week and building some OEM iso it again give me this hd aud.bus sys error while winxp installing. tested on some toshiba s4 notebook and some other system.

i then put back my old build xp_pro_sp2_VLK iso and there it worked.. (with the old driverpacks). for better understanding i list here the driverpacks i use atm in the OEM where i get the errors:

bin
ATICCP.ins
DPC708.7z
DPCP7041.7z
DPGA706.7z
DPGB705.7z
DPGC704.7z
DPL708.7z
DPM708.7z
DPSA7081.7z
DPSB7071.7z
DPW706.7z

and here are the packs i used in the VLK where it worked...:

bin
ATICCP.ins
DPC706.7z
DPCP7041.7z
DPGA706.7z
DPGB705.7z
DPGC704.7z
DPL7062.7z
DPM7072.7z
DPSA7072.7z
DPSB7071.7z
DPW706.7z

and ideas? i dont think its useful to create some VLK one with the latest driverpacks. i think i get the same error then too...

the only thing i added to the OEM variant is some extra directory on the .iso , thats the only thing.. but this cant be the error or?

sincerly
ben

is there some solution now round? sometimes the sound packs get updated.. then it works a long time again.. and sometimes soundpacks get updated and it stops to work..

hdaudbus.sys not found.. then you point to \i386 folder and it goes further... sucks a little bit wink

raummusik wrote:

is there some solution now round? sometimes the sound packs get updated.. then it works a long time again.. and sometimes soundpacks get updated and it stops to work..

hdaudbus.sys not found.. then you point to \i386 folder and it goes further... sucks a little bit wink

I've been seeing this issue as well. For now I just change where the system looks for the windows cd as a workaround.

underdone wrote:
raummusik wrote:

I've been seeing this issue as well. For now I just change where the system looks for the windows cd as a workaround.

I have the same prob, I'm using nLite to prepare the install CD. How do you change where the system looks prior to making the install CD ?

Hi!

For the majority of Windows-XP-SP2 CDs it works!!

In very rare cases there exists a strange codepage issue.
You may try the following workaround:

1) Remove "i386\svcpack.in_" and copy this svcpack.inf to "i386\" :

[Version]
Signature = "$Windows NT$"
MajorVersion = 5
MinorVersion = 1
BuildNumber = 2600

[SetupData]
CatalogSubDir = "i386\svcpack"

[ProductCatalogsToInstall]
KB921401.CAT
KB888111.CAT

[SetupHotfixesToRun]

2) Search for the section "[FloppyFiles.1]" in "i386\dosnet.inf":
Remove the following items from this section:

d1,hdaudres.dll
d1,hdaudio.sys
d1,hdaudio.inf
d1,hdaudbus.sys
d1,hdaudbus.inf
d1,hdashcut.exe
d1,hdaprop.dll

3) Furthermore add the following lines to i386\dosnet.inf:

[OptionalSrcDirs]
svcpack

Hope that helps!

Greetz,

Rockbow

Well, I tried what Rockbow suggested just then. Didn't work.
I mean it stopped it asking for the disk, but it also stopped the HD Audio driver installing, so kind of pointless still.

Edit: That's using the same old driverpacks from last time I posted. I haven't upgraded because it's too much hassle... Have to find a Windows box to do it on, etc.

Last edited by tin (2008-04-10 14:50:15)