Topic: Help in Finding the Impossible.

Hiya guys im fairly new to the site, I love the work being done here this is by far the best driver site I have seen in ages.  The reason for the post is I am looking for something that I cant seem to find anywhere and this is sort of a last resort I figure if everyone here cant help me find it then no one can.  I am looking for a Windows xp driver for the Trident 3D Image 9850 I have about 200 of these cards in some fairly basic old machines but I am installing XP to them all and I need a driver bad!!!  plz plz plz help . . . .

Ignorance is bliss??  Well then just how happy are you?

Re: Help in Finding the Impossible.

Hmm... I see the Trident Cyberblade is part of the Display Driver pack B... but I don't see mention of this specific card. Have you tried the manufacturers site?

Can you look on your existing machines for the driverfiles in use?  Go to your Device manager, double-click on the Trident card, select the 'Driver' tab, click the 'Driver Details' button.
Look for files called "trid3d.dll" or similar.  I'm guessing the drivers you need are already included in WinXP_SP2 driver.cab.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Oh but if it were only that easy.  Device Manager is useless calls the card "Standard VGA Device" lol.  The manufacturer of the card doesnt even support it anymore.  Its a good card for the machines they are in but the only drivers I can find for the cards is for windows 98.   Like I said this is a last resort I have been everywhere I can think of to find the correct drivers for this thing and nothing I even braved the dreaded waters of Driverguide.com >.<  The drivers needed arent included with SP2 I can scroll down in a webpage and watch the screen refresh :-)

oh yeah and thanks for the speedy response have been on other forums and it took DAYS to even have one person look at the post.

The best I have been able to locate thus far is the driver for WinNT.

If you would like to try that driver, I will gladly dl it and post for you.

always remember.....
YCGIYWG (You Can't Get, If You Won't Give)
DizzyDen

I would give the NT drivers a shot... I haven't seen any for XP as of yet myself either...

Hey it never hurts to try, if you would please download and post for me I would appreciate it alot.  Thanks again for looking.

NT4 drivers:
http://www.downloadsource.net/869/Tride … indows-NT/

Good luck.

Added:
Which HardwareId does a Trident 3D Image 9850 use?

Does default XP sgiu.inf match?

[trident.Mfg]
Trident Video Accelerator 3D Image985     = sgiul50, PCI\VEN_1023&DEV_9850

Last edited by cdob (2007-09-22 07:38:14)

Well the Windows NT Drivers were a valiant but fruitless effort.

The Hardware ID is as follows,

PCI\VEN_1023&DEV_9850&SUBSYS_98501023&REV_F3\3&225B1D41&0&0008

Thanks for the effort

I found this driver on driverguide sad (don't get me started!) which claims it's for XP, but the .inf doesn't mention XP.  You could try it and see.

Obscenely long URL here

Doing a google search for "trident VEN_1023&DEV_9850&SUBSYS_98501023" brings up the same link to driverguide.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

Thanks for the effort mr_smartepants but these drivers as well recieve the "this file doesnt contain information for your device" error screen.  Gotta love trying to make old drivers work on new stuff.  I actually am going to look into how drivers are wrote and try to edit the Win NT drivers to work with XP I was just trying to see before, before I went that far, if any of you out there would have something on this.

Thanks again,
Dichani

Do you have this device installed and working properly on any one of the systems?

Dichani wrote:

The Hardware ID is as follows,
PCI\VEN_1023&DEV_9850&SUBSYS_98501023&REV_F3\3&225B1D41&0&0008

Strange, XP should support this graphic card out of the box.

Does your XP CD contain files sgiu.inf, sgiulnt5.sys and sgiul50.dll?
Based on HardwareID, these three files should support your graphic card.

I will check and see if it has those files,  If not I have like 6 copies of xp I will dig till I find them.  Hopefully it will work I will let you know how it works out for me.

Oh and no I dont have it properly working on any of these machines.  I have it working good on a 98 machine though due to the standard drivers for the card which I got off the Driver disk for card lol :-)

Thank you cdob  after finding the three files mentioned online cause none of my copies of xp had them it installed fine and the card is working wonderfully.  Thanks to all who posted to help me through this, once again experience prevails.  :-)

Dichani