Topic: Mass Storage Driver problem. The file ATIIDE.sys could not be found

Hi, I have an ML370 with a Smart Array 431 controller. I could not get Bart's PE or UBCD4W to work with the 431, so I decided to try the mass storage driverpack on this site with Bart's PE.

I slipstreamed my XP Pro SP2 with mass storage driver pack 7.07.2. When the white progress bar stating "Starting Bart PE..." gets close to half way, I get an error message stating "The file ATIIDE.sys could not be found".

I unziped the .7z mass storage file and did a search and the ATIIDE.SYS file is in there. Could there be a path problem in one of the config files that it's not finding?

I also verified that the archive tests fine with 7z.

I searched my slipstreamed WinXP directory and found the file exists in both the I386 directory as well as the $OEM$\$1\D\M\AT directory.

I tried buiding with both method 1 and method 2, with and without KTD... all the same results....

Any help is greatly appreciate.

Thanks,

Last edited by ernesta (2007-08-11 05:39:53)

Re: Mass Storage Driver problem. The file ATIIDE.sys could not be found

well slipstreaming the driverpack into the source OS will not help you.  sorry.

if you wish to use the driverpacks with bartpe then you need to create a plugin and build PE with the plugin enabled.

Sorry there are not directions readily available.

you need to choose BartPE instead of Disk on the platform screen when you run the driverpacks.
then you need to build your bartpe checking in pe builder that the mass storage plugin is there and enabled.
build your bartpe.

test and BAM works like a charm or at least we havent heard of a single glitch in 6 months.

PS there is a thread started for this already.
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=1436

Last edited by OverFlow (2007-08-11 14:43:56)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Thanks for the reply.... I did what you suggested and bart's PE built fine this time... Thanks so much.... For some reason, it still doesn't recognize the Smart Array 431 controller.....

I'll post further comments in the thread you mentioned.

Once again, thanks for your help... Even though I'm still having problems, you've put me further ahead by actually getting the driverpack to integrate with Bart's PE. I'll keep pluging away and post any results or extra info...

Thanks again,

hi

this driver is not in the driverpacks
http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files … R1002_USEN

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

this driver is in a TEST version now.
please see this topic.
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=1817

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Thanks for the link to the TEST driver pack.... I downloaded and slipstreamed the new TEST driverpack 7085 (note that I used a fresh PE that didn't have the older driverpack already slipstreamed).Unfortunatly my results are still the same..... It goes to the end of "Starting Bart PE..." then changes to "Please Wait..." and just sits there indefinitely.....

I upgraded the BIOS on the ML370 to the latest and also verified that the 431 is running the latest firmware (1.22). This is one stuborn server....

As a side note, I also tried using the text mode drivers Bart suggested using F6 in the following post (I pasted the txtsetup.oem file he had listed).
That didn't work either... http://forums1.itrc.hp.com/service/foru … 3+28353475

Is there anything I can do on my side to troubleshoot where and why it's failing? If these are the right drivers, why isn't it detecting the mass storage device...

I've got a working copy of Fedora 6 running on this box so I know the controller and drives work....

Thanks you,

Ernest....

Last edited by ernesta (2007-08-12 06:08:33)

hi
that compaq smart array 431 driver may not work for XP.
I could not find any driver for 2003 either. All I found was this one, which only mentions  2000... sad

[SourceDisksNames]
1 = "Compaq Smart Array Controllers Driver Diskette for Windows 2000",cpqarry2.sys,,

[Strings]
COMPAQ                  = "Compaq"
dc_int_smart.DeviceDesc = "Compaq Integrated Smart Array Controller"
raid_lc2.DeviceDesc     = "Compaq RAID LC2 Controller"
smart_4200.DeviceDesc   = "Compaq Smart Array 4200 Controller"
smart_4250es.DeviceDesc = "Compaq Smart Array 4250ES Controller"
smart_431.DeviceDesc    = "Compaq Smart Array 431 Controller"

Last edited by Jaak (2007-08-12 21:24:23)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Hi Jaak.... I think this is the driver for 2003 (cp005760.exe). Will the 2003 driver work with XP as well?

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files … 23395.html

hehe, I had just found it myself.. the XML files used by its setup file are different, but the systemfile and INF file is exactly same as the 2000 file I had.

(TXTmode uses INF and SYS)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

hmm, I was reading the XML, and it says that XP can be installed?

[Added a TXTSETUP.OEM file that allows installing the Integrated Smart Array Controllers during the installation of Windows XP.

that file only points to INF and sys... so, it ought to work on a regular disc installation.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

That sounds promising! Let me know if there's a test driverpack you would like me to test.... I'll try to test it under 2003 as well as XP.

Thanks again.....

Shouldn't this thread be moved to DriverPack MassStorage.

I wrote an XP Home CD from DP_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32_7091.7z and got this ATIIDE.sys error. With Windows 2000 down from LSI_SAS.SYS and XP Home down from ATIIDE.sys I'm scrambling for an old version but that anti leecher keeps getting in the way. Maybe I can find a way around it...

coolAll your files are belong to us.

Last edited by severach (2007-09-30 14:22:33)

check mass storage forum, there is a new test file in the public.

lsi_sas was adressed.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=2039

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.