Topic: [B, PENDING] Creative MP3+ Drivers

Bâshrat would it be possible to add these drivers to the your packs.

You can find them here:
http://uk.europe.creative.com/support/d … 7&y=17

I could be asking alot here but there's also the basic audio suite for all sound blaster devices further down if you wanted to add it to the finisher. Just a thought smile

Thanks.

Last edited by kof94 (2006-07-09 05:04:18)

Re: [B, PENDING] Creative MP3+ Drivers

I don't think drivers for MP3 players necessairly have to be included in the Sound DriverPacks, moreso since they are already quite big in size.

IMO they'd better fit either into the Misc 3rd Party DP or a whole new 3rdP DP on their own.

It's not an MP3 player it's an external sound card! roll And the control panels are for all creative sound blaster devices.

It's posable windows will use all ready existing sound blaster drivers from the dp's, but I've never checked.

Last edited by kof94 (2006-07-10 04:09:46)

Not sure which of the devices listed you were referring to but the one with MP3 in the name states the following:

7.  Creative EAX Console update for users with a Creative MP3 player (3.94 MB) 

How is that supposedly NOT an MP3 player?

Are you referring to Creative's Extigy or Audigy2 NX?  Those are the only external "sound cards" that I can remember and were for use with notebooks, primarily.

EDIT:  Nevermind.  It appears that Creative has been pretty busy making products that I haven't heard of. smile

Last edited by 5eraph (2006-07-10 09:37:18)

Helmi wrote:

7.  Creative EAX Console update for users with a Creative MP3 player (3.94 MB)

i think its like a winamp (is it a device ? wink)
and now the external Creative Soundblaster MP3+ device @ http://www.theregister.co.uk/2003/10/27 … aster_mp3/

It contains a Sound Blaster Live chip and basicly adds ports to your system.

I used it to copy Mini Discs to MP3 (I didn't have a Net MD Player).

I now use it for porting sound to my amp when playing DVD's/Music cos it's still better than the built in nVidia SoundStorm chip on my mobo.

If your still not sure about it, it was always billed as the little brother to the Extigy.

I was looking at...

6.        Creative Basic Audio Suite for Creative Sound Blaster audio devices

...for the control panels but in hindsight it is 35.59 MB compressed so may be not such a good idea big_smile .

I'm starting to think that Helmi is right and this would be better in a 3rd Party Pack.

To be honest though I'm not sure where to start with it apart from throwing the files listed in Device Manager in to a .7z and hoping Windows will figure it out for it self??! hmm

Last edited by kof94 (2006-07-11 07:56:50)

how to build your own packs

http://www.uawiki.org/doku.php?id=wxp:u … rpacks:diy

And this should be moved to the 3th party part of the forum