Re: STOP Error 0x000007E before XP Mini-Setup

@maxximum
Your link (save_hwids.exe) does'nt exist.
Tested without JMicron-Driver (disabled inside the ini), iastore was not installed, my SATA harddisks (AHCI enabled in BIOS) were recognized as 'unknown'.
In BIOS I can't disable the JMicron, 2 optical drives on the JMicron IDE-Port, in BIOS set as IDE. Without I can't install, no DVD-drive would be detected...
The Hardware-ID for my ICH8R is PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2821&SUBSYS_B0051458&REV02\3&13C0B0C5&0&FA, for the JMicron PCI\VEN_197B&DEV_2363&SUBSYS_B0001458&REV_02\4&23995DF6&0&00E5.

reini.m

Your CD/DVD drives "disappears" after first reboot because Jmicron wasn't loaded during textmode setup ==> you must activate Jmicron. Latest Jmicron driver supports ahci/raid modes for PATA drives connected to Jmicron chipset.
You need AHCI (iastor driver) to see your sata drives connected to ICH8R.
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2821 is listed in DP .ini ... and should load iastor 7.5.0 .... so if it's not loaded (you don't see your HDD), maybe there is a problem with iastor driver in ini file ?

@maxximum
JMicron ist activated and configured as IDE in BIOS. I don't need AHCI für JMicron because no Harddisks are plugged on it, only a DVD-ROM and a DVD-Writer.
AHCI is enabled for the ICH8R in BIOS, 2 SATA-Harddisks are connected on it.
With the MSM 6.2.1 the installation during textmode setup is o.k. and iastor is loaded correctly.
Since MSM 7.0.0 something going wrong, the iastor is'nt loaded anymore.
The textmode setup loads the jraid and recognize my harddisks on jraid instead of iastor, but my harddisks are definitely plugged on ICH8R.
I know that the PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2821 ist listed in DP.ini and it's also listed in the iaahci.inf in M\in\1.
I don't know what's going wrong with the MSM-Drivers since the 7.0.0 and I've made many tests for myself with this drivers, but no solution yet.
Only with MSM 6.2.1 it works.
Maybe a problem only with Gigabyte Boards?

reini.m

@ maxximum

I followed the same filtering, and test3 still fails.

we tried three drivers, 2 drivers, wrong drivers, different load order, clean unedited drivers, edited drivers, and we even read magnum got same  problem with a godmn real FLOPPY, and I do remember that months old discussion with bigbrit/fragbert/som-un-else (I think i have the names right) which had same experience with a proper original FLOPPY.
This one, IS A real BEAR, and we cannot sell the skin yet.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Jmicron UPDATE?
yipee. will look asap.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

@ reini
rewrote

Last edited by jtdoom (2007-06-11 11:10:17)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

@ reini
why not ask Bâshrat the Sneaky to get in the testing team?

iastor ... I am stumped (and I tried hard).
DriverPacks has to work, even if it means we have to use several 'older'

I think we tried to make the newer pick up the old, we tried merging, we made edits so the the old one would not be used for those supported in a newer one, but we can (i think we gonna have to) make it so that the NEWEST ones do NOT support what was supported by an older one, and if we really must, do that in more than two drivers "stages".
A ladder, as it were.
CAT and WHQL would be OK, because (faik) removing a driver HWID from a INF and INI does NOT break WHQL, and older ones would support ALL they can, newer ones, all but the older ones.

I think we usually did it the other way, but since this has bean a bear we meet time and again, I think this sailor wants to try another tack, and shoot it good.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

@jtdoom : undestood ... but i965 is almost latest chipset (P35 is now newer) and it already does not work with latest MSM 7.5.0 .... really weird.

So, use MSM 7.5.0 driver only for P35 (ICH9) and keep other driver versions for all others Intel chipsets.

It's really stupid with the MSM 7.5, because during textmode setup it will not install but when Windows XP is fully installed there is no problem to install the MSM 7.5 and it works.
Maybe it's a solution - maxximum has written - to keep the MSM 6.2.1 for the Intel chipsets till P965 and the MSM 7.5 for the P35.

@ jtdoom
I will ask Bâshrat the Sneaky to get in the testing team.

reini.m

I'll download the three drivers we use again, so I have "fresh" copies to start with.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I've made a test and put MSM 6.2 in M\IN\1, 5.5 in M\IN\1\A and 7.5 in M\IN\1\B, by editing the names of the INF- and the SYS-Files. Also edited the MassStorage.ini and put the HW-ID for my ICH8R to the 6.2.
With this the MSM 6.2 is installed during the textmode setup.
I will make a full setup next time to see if MSM 7.5 will be installed in WinXP.
Must make an image of my system before that...

reini.m

hi
we are trying to keep path string statements as short as possible.
M\in\1\B is longer than M\in\3

I had also tried what you tried (there was that hwID line that stood separate, with subsys106)..
I hope Bâshrat the Sneaky acts fast when you ask him. Your work can make a difference.

anyway, I just started reading some stuff at my old hangout
(intel had a forum once.. I knew that site pretty well back then)
http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/i … 020657.htm

I'll use the floppy images
download_page_intel

Last edited by jtdoom (2007-06-12 00:03:40)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I will make my path string statements shorter.
Ähh, how and where can I ask Bâshrat the Sneaky?? I didn't find anything in the forum (hope I'm not stupid...).

His email should be under his profile (seach for a post of him to find it or use the member list).

That or just hope for him to spot your post and add you to the appropriate team wink

@ Helmi
I've tried this before but there is'nt a email under his profile. Also not in the member list.
Only a link to driverpacks website...

reini.m

Hi
please check mailbox you used for registering.

(email was sent shortly afyer you asked)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Thanks, I've already checked my mailbox and recognized it...

...and you've already been added to the team, I see smile

Anyway, yeah, it's possible he disabled the address for the "common people" as not to get spammed with questions and the like (I know how that feels like...).
Too bad there isn't a PM system on this board, though.

storage706_INTEL_TEST_4

like it says, test for hardware running on intel iastor version 5.5, or 6.2.1002, or 7.5.1017

(if this was done good, txtmode will use older for older, and PNP cannot pick a newer for hardware supported by older during txtmode.)

I am no longer waiting for a cigar.
I could be in Habana before this works? sad

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Hi jtdoom,

I'll test the pack.
My self-edited pack installs during the txtmode the MSM6.2.1 and in WinXP also.

@ Reini.m
can you drop the intel files and mass INI into my gmail box?
I'd like to compare what you did with what I did.

Last edited by jtdoom (2007-06-13 17:43:42)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Done!

Hey guys,

brand new to this forum and suffering from same BSOD problem because of the Intel SATA...

Whats the latest status on this issue?
Anyone got it to work?

If u need a tester...here I am

Hi Skillz and welcome to the forum!

A new MassStorage Pack is in testmode.
With my Board (Gigabyte P965 DS4, Intel P965) there will be no BSOD.
What mainboard is in your system?

reini.m

Last edited by reini.m (2007-06-13 23:40:37)

Hmmm, hard to tell actually it's a HP Compaq Workstation, XW6400X.
HP always rebrands stuff.

But I dot get the same error.

I have to admit I'm doing syspreps and am looking for a good overall solution when it comes to driverintergration.

I allready had an older version of the Intel SATA drivers implemented in my sysprep (massstorage section),
but I found out there are different Intel SATA versions...sigh (whyyyy....).

I've currently downloaded the beta pack mentioned above and am filling my MASSStorage section by using the
"HWIDS.cmd" tool, that someone wrote and posted on the MSFN forums some time ago.

and I'm following this section from your forum: (except the last bit telling to run "sysprep.exe -bmsd")

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic. … 9420#p9420

Hope this will work...

I do hope you guys will make a nice intergration with Sysprep one day smile

Last edited by Skillz (2007-06-14 00:47:38)