Topic: |REQ|VIA V-RAID Driver 5.50b

http://www.viaarena.com/Driver/vraid_driver_v550b.zip

Re: |REQ|VIA V-RAID Driver 5.50b

One problem with this one is that there is no floppy disk version in the zip (which surprised the heck out of me).  I'm waiting until the Via chipset driver gets updated.  Per http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?Pa … CatID=3170
Hopefully they will include the updated boot disk (F6) files for use in textmode Mass-storage.
Other-wise I think certain Via RAID users are somewhat screwed.  You'll would have to use the NT5\viamraid.sys version 5.1.2600.540  11/08/2006.  That's whats in the current DP mass storage right now.

Edit: that link above screwed me  so here is the quote from main page news archive

"Some of you may remember that the previous version of the V-RAID driver caused some rather funky audio and video playback issues on some systems - mainly systems running Windows Vista. v5.40a was the culprit and it was also unfortunately included in the Hyperion Pro drivers. Well, v5.50b are now on VIA Arena and there should be no more problems. They will be included in a release of the Hyperion Pro driver shortly. Until then, use the latest Hyperion Pro drivers but then also install the latest V-RAID package."

Last edited by Ton80 (2007-05-01 23:49:31)

So you say, better dont use the update?

hi
this download has a txtsetup folder
XPX86.OEM lists
id = "PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_7353&CC_0104","viamraid"

and
VIAMRAID.INF has this one commented out
;%PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_7353.DeviceDesc% = viamraid , PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_7353&CC_0104

now, which one is right, huh?

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Holy heck.  Totally missed that folder (wasn't where it usually is in folder structure) but yeah you are right.  I wonder if that ';' was a mistake and just was copied/pasted into all the infs.

Hmm need to do some research then.

Edit:  strange, ALL the txtsetup.oem files in drvdisk folder and subfolders have that hwid; but ALL infs for ALL the OSs even Vista in dvrdisk folder have that HWID commented out.

Edit #2:   LMAO at this  http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& … tnG=Search   hehe, google for "PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_7353" returns with just this thread only.

Edit #3: I was able to enable my BIOS raid boot rom with no problems.   For my Abit KV8-Pro revision 1.1, south bridge being VT8237 (NOT VT8237A), the hwid is:
PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3149&SUBSYS_1413147B&REV_80\3&13C0B0C5&0&78: VIA SATA RAID Controller  which happens to be the same as this for non-raid on Falcon drivers which is PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3149&SUBSYS_1413147B&REV_80\3&13C0B0C5&0&78: VIA Serial ATA Controller - 3149 .

Edit #4:  Screw it then, just go ahead and add this to next pack.   It's Via's fault if that hwid does exist and the mass storage pack breaks.  It will not be you-all's fault.  Just gonna have to remember that hwid for any future troubleshooting.  Though it does like some new chipset number though if higher numbers= newer  chipset/PCI raid add-on controller naming scheme that maybe used at Via.  That maybe be something  uh.... coming soon to a theater near you. wink   

Edit #5:  that hwid isn't even included in the hyperionpro chipset drivers that are up @ Via. only the 7372 is the highest one.   Hmm, I think my hutch is correct.  A new chipset/HD controller add-on card coming soon.  Just have to wait and see.

Last edited by Ton80 (2007-05-20 01:33:14)

So ??? update?