Topic: DriverPack on PE v2.0

I just discovered this site today and I think this may solve my problems, if I can get this working.

We are starting to use WDS w/ WinPE v2.0 to capture WinXP computer images.  We are having a problem with PE booting to a Dell GX280 and not seeing any volumes.  I believe that this is due to a missing SATA driver.

I searched the forum today and did not see how to install the driverpack into WinPE.  Is there a guide to doing this?  I tried the BartPE install from the new base but that does not work with PE as it changes the target directory and PE shows an error on boot.

Has anyone tried this - manually adding the driverpacks to WinPE?

Thanks,

stephorn

Re: DriverPack on PE v2.0

the plugin created by base must be in the bartpe\plugin\(here) folder and can be verified with pebuilder  prior to build by checking the plugin list- driverpacks plugin must be available in the list before you build.

WINPE has not been tested... It may be possable.... but we are still in beta for bartpe.  YOU TELL ME!

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

If appears that there are some problems. 

I found another site with a program written to inject the drivers into the PE v2 wim file (boot-land.net/forums).  This is a quick little program that looks at a directory and runs the peimg command on the imagex mount.

This works just fine and no errors - I can commit and close the wim PE v2 file.

The problem is that after this I boot the updated PE and after it loads and gets to the Vista background it crashes and reboots the PC.
I'm guessing that it is due to injecting XP drivers into PE v2 (which is vista based)??

Bottom line - the BartPE loader does not work with WinPE v2.
        - It appears there is a problem injecting these driver packs into PE v2
               -It may be due to PE v2 being Vista based and not liking the older XP drivers

I'm going to keep trying different things and if I find an answer I will post a reply.

Anyone else messing with PE v2?

Thanks,

stephorn

Vista is not supported by the driverpacks at this time. so pickings may be thin around here.
pe info is scattered throughout the forums and may yeild some help. Best of luck to you.  Please let us know if we can help.

Last edited by OverFlow (2007-04-21 02:49:05)

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

Hi stephorn!

You can try the LiveXP project - it already comes a sata drivers scripts included by default and should be more than enough to get access to your drives on the DELL workstation.

This sata support script was based on the mass storage drivers available from driverpacks (just a bit modified to work with liveCD's)

It can be found and downloaded here:

WinBuilder:
http://boot-land.net/winbuilder/

Install instructions:
http://boot-land.net/winbuilder/help/#Installing

And this should be more than enough to quickly create yourself a good boot disk - it's based on WinPE 1.x from XP install discs.

-------------------------------------

For WinPE 2.0 (VistaPE) drivers - I've also used ctv99's tool as you've mention (even helped testing it) and was working just fine.

Maybe this error is not directly related to your driver slipstreaming - please post your log.html after creating a vistape project so that we can further analyse your results.

Most XP drivers works well enough under any flavour of WinPE x.x

-------------------------------------

Please let me know if you have any further doubts and good luck!! smile

If you are using WinPE with WDS, you should use Microsoft Deployment to slipstream Driverpacks.