Topic: OPEN: verify DriverPacks' integrity

@Bashrat
can you supply hashes or checksums (md5 or SFV) for the DriverPacks so as to verify the integrity of our downloads?
I've been encountering corrupted downloads lately. (Probably a faulty HDD)

Thanks & would greatly appreciate it if u can give in to this tiny request.

Last edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky (2006-06-27 22:23:12)

Re: OPEN: verify DriverPacks' integrity

Couldn't you just DL 7-Zip (www.7-zip.org) and right-click --> check archive for more or less the same results?

7-Zip has had problems in the past with it's "Test Archive" function.  Comparing MD5's would be much more reliable.

Ei thanks man..never knew the GUI version of 7-zip had that feature. been using winRAR ever since. now there's no point asking for the hashes.
Thank you Helmi, you were a great help!

On second thought, if 7-zip's having problems with its "Test Archive" feature, then i guess theres no harm if Bashrat would still be able to supply us with the hashes. Just a thought...

RogueSpear wrote:

7-Zip has had problems in the past with it's "Test Archive" function.  Comparing MD5's would be much more reliable.

Ok, didn't know that.
Of course, a proper hash is more reliable, but a simple test archive should be enough to find out whether the archive is corrupt due to a bad HDD.

Still, this wasn't meant to say Bâshrat the Sneaky should not release hashes, just some interim solution until he does smile

This will become a built-in feature of the DriverPacks BASE! wink

Note that this will only trigger warnings, not prevent slipstreaming. If I'd prevent slipstreaming an 'unverified' DriverPack, then my users would be unable to modify the DriverPacks to their liking. It's only a few who do so, but I don't want to make things more difficult for them.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com