Re: [SOLVED] SiI 3112r controller doesnt work: 0x7B BSOD

muiz3, that problem with SiI3112r or SiI3132. If SiI3132, I can to test too.

The only problem is Si3112A as far as we know now, it doesnt install.( No harddrive detected )

But the BSOD problem is solved  in the next update.

So, since I'm a total noob to the driverpacks.. I'm assuming what you're saying is the next version of the driverpack now will "solve" the BSOD with a 3112r ?  Do you know if it also solves the two different drives in a RAID 1 mirror setup, showing up as seperate partitions in the first stage of setup?   This was the other problem this distrib caused that others have seen including myself.

Also, if if this is fixed in the newest driverpack... how do I update my "eXPirence" DVD windows distrib to include this new pack?  See my previous post on page 3 for details on my distrib...

Protonus wrote:

So, since I'm a total noob to the driverpacks.. I'm assuming what you're saying is the next version of the driverpack now will "solve" the BSOD with a 3112r ?  Do you know if it also solves the two different drives in a RAID 1 mirror setup, showing up as seperate partitions in the first stage of setup?   This was the other problem this distrib caused that others have seen including myself.

Also, if if this is fixed in the newest driverpack... how do I update my "eXPirence" DVD windows distrib to include this new pack?  See my previous post on page 3 for details on my distrib...

The only way we can assure you this problem is now fixed, is by you testing it. Nothing is sure in the world of drivers, I can tell you that much by now wink

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

thanks, just got home from work, and this saves me some editing and time doing tests..

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

The only way we can assure you this problem is now fixed, is by you testing it. Nothing is sure in the world of drivers, I can tell you that much by now wink

I'd love to test it!  I just don't know what I need to do? How do I update my distrib as noted?  I've never done anything with the driverpacks, the ISO of the image I'm using, has the driverpacks in them.  So this is over my head.  Have the files that are previously noted, been released for download yet?  And again how do I actually use them on the CD...  Thanks!

Its almost ready for testing........., im testing the nightlie tonight.....

Stay tuned...

Tested on Si3132 , no more BSOD
I hope some more people with Siliconimage could test this, especialy Si3112.
If you want to test, please contact me or Ruud , or Bashrat.

but i think the  [PROB] can be removed from this topic.... wink

muiz3 wrote:

but i think the  [PROB] can be removed from this topic.... wink

Rgr that, topic edited accordingly.

At your service, as always wink

THX helmi wink!!.....

I would love to test this!  Can you shoot me a link for the files I need, and tell me how to update the XP distrib I have with it?  I have a 3112r as noted.

ok please mail me , so i can give you the files

Haven't gotten anything yet?  :-(

Protonus wrote:

I would love to test this!  Can you shoot me a link for the files I need, and tell me how to update the XP distrib I have with it?  I have a 3112r as noted.

@protonus,

The sil problems should be fixed now with the new publicly available driverpack base + driverpack masstorage.
Could you please test and post your results in this topic?

ruudboek wrote:
Protonus wrote:

@protonus,

The sil problems should be fixed now with the new publicly available driverpack base + driverpack masstorage.

DiverPackBase (7.01.2) + MassStorage (701) + Asus A7N8X deluxe 2 + silicone image 3112r = BSOD !!!!

Test realized today : BSOD again and again and again .........  ! Is there any solution ? Is there someone on earth able to fix it ?

http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/9877/cocciwayoflifero0.jpg

Coccinelle wrote:
ruudboek wrote:
Protonus wrote:

@protonus,

DiverPackBase (7.01.2) + MassStorage (701) + Asus A7N8X deluxe 2 + silicone image 3112r = BSOD !!!!

Test realized today : BSOD again and again and again .........  ! Is there any solution ? Is there someone on earth able to fix it ?

You may have to update to the last BIOS version that is provided by Silicon Image!

@Coccinelle

Yes, bashrat is correct, regrettably a silicon driver from a specific version will only function properly in combination with a specific version of the controller-BIOS.

Since most people will probably not update their controller's BIOS frequently, it will most likely be necessary to first update the controller's BIOS prior to using the driverpack masstorage on systems with silicon controllers.
Maybe we should make a FAQ for that.

Currently the latest driver for sil3112r (1.0.56.1) is included in the masstorage driverpack. The matching biosversion for add-in cards (not integrated silicon controllers) is 4.3.79.

After BIOS upgrade, could you please post your results in this topic?

Last edited by ruudboek (2007-01-17 08:49:10)

Updated my 3132 bios to 73.13 ... works fine.

You may have to update to the last BIOS version that is provided by Silicon Image!

ruudboek wrote:

Yes, bashrat is correct, regrettably a silicon driver from a specific version will only function properly in combination with a specific version of the controller-BIOS.

Since most people will probably not update their controller's BIOS frequently, it will most likely be necessary to first update the controller's BIOS prior to using the driverpack masstorage on systems with silicon controllers.

Currently the latest driver for sil3112r (1.0.56.1) is included in the masstorage driverpack. The matching biosversion for add-in cards (not integrated silicon controllers) is 4.3.79.

Thanks for all your support. As soon as the new test is realized, I tell you the result ... CU soon on line :-)

I told this many times before. wink

Ok, I'd like to update my ISO of  my slipstreamed XP CD with the new driver packs, to test this.  I have little to no idea on how to do so. Can someone link me to instructions or tell me what I need to know?  My CD ISO has has the driverpacks in it already, but I did not make the distrib.

Protonus wrote:

Ok, I'd like to update my ISO of  my slipstreamed XP CD with the new driver packs, to test this.  I have little to no idea on how to do so. Can someone link me to instructions or tell me what I need to know?  My CD ISO has has the driverpacks in it already, but I did not make the distrib.

Always start with a fresh xp , dont use one with old drivers already in it.
Then download all the latest packs and base.

muiz3 wrote:
Protonus wrote:

That's not necessary muiz wink The DriverPacks BASE is able to unslipstream previously slipstreamed DriverPacks.

Coccinelle wrote:

ruudboek wrote:

Thanks for all your support. As soon as the new test is realized, I tell you the result ... CU soon on line :-)

Everything's okay ! :-)

muiz3 wrote:
Protonus wrote:

That's not necessary muiz wink The DriverPacks BASE is able to unslipstream previously slipstreamed DriverPacks.

disagree