Topic: [REQ] ??? The Windows 7 DriverPacks really need more drivers

I am actually thinking of doing something but I need to focus on getting a full job (hopefully in Canada or America) after my trip around the England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales and Most of Europe.

The Windows 7 DriverPacks have very few drivers compare to the awesome Windows XP NT5 DriverPacks which I am in awe of.

But I as well as many /most people are forced to move on to Windows 7 and 8.1. And then hopefully Linux (including Android I am so done with Windows problems).

I can not wait until machines can do this themselves. Really you should be able to use a device and the Operating Systems finds and installs the driver and configures it to Optimal Settings automatically. It is so simple every device says this is what I can do to other devices and they make a comprise. No need to adjust a display, install a driver, etc.

Just use the device for what you need to do.

Re: [REQ] ??? The Windows 7 DriverPacks really need more drivers

agreed.

windows should roll out LAN and Mass Storage drivers with updates, and the rest should be obtained during setup from the web. In todays web based world there is no reason for a third party to have to contribute. Until MS catches up with the web we are still here! big_smile

Jeff

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.