Topic: Driverpacks structure question

Hi,

I have created my own driver pack by following this tutorial http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=279 and it works fine after I changed the name from "DP_Name_wnt5_x86-32_X.7z" to "DP_Name_wnt5-x86_X.7z"

My question is what are the rules to follow when restructuring the folder layout, for example in this tutorial the layout is as follows...

DP_Name_wnt5-x86_X.7z -> D -> 3 -> X -> Driver Files here

but I had a look at an existing driver pack "DP_WLAN_wnt6-x86_1203.7z" and the structure is completely different...

DP_WLAN_wnt6-x86_1203.7z -> x86 -> All | Vista | Win7 -> W -> Manufacturers name -> various numbers -> driver files

Can someone explain why this works please? I know I could just create my driver pack to the same structure but I'd like to know what (why) im doing it like this.

Thanks

Re: Driverpacks structure question

You are correct.
  The folder structure for NT5.x DriverPacks is indeed totally different from that of the NT6.x packs.
You all-but answered that fro yoself.

Last edited by TechDud (2013-05-10 23:08:06)

Re: Driverpacks structure question

Ah I see, I didnt even consider nt5 was different to nt6, I just compaired the 2 and didnt take that into count and wondered why they are different smile now I know.

Thanks