Topic: [SOLVED] ATI WDM Drivers

hi

i have a ati all-in-wonder 9000 and it needs the ati wdm drivers that no unknown device is in the device manager.

so plz add them too ^^

Re: [SOLVED] ATI WDM Drivers

Oh, are they not included?

It's been a while since I installed on the machine equipped with my AIW 8500DV, but I do remember it did install the WDMs back then.

I would think they are in simply because they are part of the CATALYST pack...

Alright, I just checked and the Graphics pack A does contain the WDM folder, so logic would dictate (unless Bâshrat the Sneaky srewed it up completely wink) the same can be said about the actual driver files.

Since your card is a pre-9600 one, it is not supported by the latest CAT drivers (only <=6.5 will work).
This shouldn't be a problem for the WDMs, though, however, Bâshrat the Sneaky moved (or planned to do so) the pre-9600 drivers to Graphics Pack B, which, however, does NOT contain the WDM folder (not that it had to, as A already does so it could be taken from there, same as with the CP/CCC).

Now, what I'm guessing is there's either an exception missing to properly apply the WDMs on pre-9600 cards OR you didn't include Graphics Pack A.

Note to Bâshrat the Sneaky: WDMs are not only needed for AIW cards but VIVO ones as well, so there's quite a lot of users who'd rely on them.

Anyway, please give us more info about the included packs and post your finisher.LOG (which will also include the needed HWIDs).

PS: Congrats on your latest Update Pack, Sereby!
Working absolutely fine for me so far big_smile

yes i know that i cant install catalyst 6.8 (damn ati...) i use catalyst 6.5 and the wdm drivers from them (extra package)

and i use the driverpacks not with the "driverpacks base"..
i extract them and use my selfmade tool and with my selfmade setup.exe to search for the correct drivers in the dir with all the extracted driverpacks folders and it adds the correct paths into the registry ^^

works perfect but there are no wdm files for my card.
i have to add them into the dir by hand

here my hwids for my card:
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4966&SUBSYS_4F721002&REV_01\4&3600494A&0&0008: ALL-IN-WONDER 9000
PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_496E&SUBSYS_4F731002&REV_01\4&3600494A&0&0108: ALL-IN-WONDER 9000 - Secondary

ps: thx ^^ good to know

Last edited by Sereby (2006-09-19 00:22:30)

Sereby wrote:

and i use the driverpacks not with the "driverpacks base"..
i extract them and use my selfmade tool and with my selfmade setup.exe to search for the correct drivers in the dir with all the extracted driverpacks folders and it adds the correct paths into the registry ^^

Oh, I see.
That way, if there's an exception to be applied, it won't obviously, as that's all been ahndled by the BASE.

works perfect but there are no wdm files for my card.
i have to add them into the dir by hand

Did you already try the \D\G\A\1\WDM\ path out of DP_Graphics_A_wnt5_x86-32_609.7z?
That's where the WDMs are stored.

If those DO NOT work, they probably are incompatible with the pre-9600 cards which means Bâshrat the Sneaky has to add those older WDMs for complete compatibility.

ps: thx ^^ good to know

Yeah, keep up the great work! smile

EDIT:

Just compared the .INF files...

The one currently included in Graphics A:

; ATINTWDM.inf
; Win98/Win2000 Drivers for ATI AIW, AIWPro, TV Wonder, and ViVo video capture and playback devices
; Copyright 2002, ATI Technologies Inc.

[Version]
CatalogFile=atixpwdm.cat
signature="$CHICAGO$"
Class=MEDIA
ClassGUID={4d36e96c-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Provider=%atitech%
DriverVer=08/03/2004, 6.14.10.6246

The one from the 6.5 WDM pack:

; ATINTWDM.inf
; Win98/Win2000 Drivers for ATI AIW, AIWPro, TV Wonder, and ViVo video capture and playback devices
; Copyright 2002, ATI Technologies Inc.

[Version]
CatalogFile=atixpwdm.cat
signature="$CHICAGO$"
Class=MEDIA
Provider=%atitech%
DriverVer=08/03/2004, 6.14.10.6246

So far identical, however, the 6.5 also contain another .INF, atirt2xp.inf

; Copyright 2005, ATI Technologies 

[Version]
CatalogFile=atirt2xp.cat
signature="$CHICAGO$" ;all windows os
Class=MEDIA
Provider=%ATI%
DriverVer=04/04/2006, 6.14.10.1064

as well as several other files not present in the DP G A pack...

The 6.8 WDM pack contains the following info in the atirt2xp.INF:

; Copyright 2005, ATI Technologies 

[Version]
CatalogFile=atirt2xp.cat
signature="$CHICAGO$" ;all windows os
Class=MEDIA
Provider=%ATI%
DriverVer=07/06/2006, 6.14.10.1073

That all leads me to the conclusion that the WDMs included in DP G A are both outdated as well as incomplete.
They definately require some action from you, Bâshrat the Sneaky!

Last edited by Helmi (2006-09-19 00:48:57)

Can somebody send me the 6.05 FULL driver package or the 6.05 WDM package? It seems I only have the DRIVER package sad

I cannot find it on the internet, most sites refer to the ATI.com download, which is no longer operational. Other sites require authentication.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

Get Catalyst 6.5 + Control Panel here : http://rapidshare.de/files/33821736/ATI-CP65.rar.html

maxximum wrote:

Get Catalyst 6.5 + Control Panel here : http://rapidshare.de/files/33821736/ATI-CP65.rar.html

Thanks!

Bâshrat the Sneaky wrote:

I cannot find it on the internet, most sites refer to the ATI.com download, which is no longer operational.

That is strange, it still worked for me yesterday...
*puzzled*

6.5 *complete* driver:
http://support.ati.com/ics/support/defa … onID=22264

6.8 *complete* driver:
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/KBA … tionID=640

Just make sure not to follow direct links as they have an anti-hotlinking script in place.

Helmi wrote:

I cannot find it on the internet, most sites refer to the ATI.com download, which is no longer operational.

That is strange, it still worked for me yesterday...
*puzzled*

6.5 *complete* driver:
http://support.ati.com/ics/support/defa … onID=22264

6.8 *complete* driver:
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/KBA … tionID=640

Just make sure not to follow direct links as they have an anti-hotlinking script in place.

tongue smile sad

I swore that page existed, but I just could not find it somehow! Thanks, Helmi!

I swore that page existed, but I just could not find it somehow! Thanks, Helmi!

NP smile

Yeah, personally, I found the old DL pages (as they were until some three years ago?) much more convenient.
Sure, this interactive script certainly does have its advantages here and there but I still prefer a simple ati.com/downloads/[currentdriverver] kind of structure for just DL'ing the drivers.

For tech support, Knowledge Bases etc this one may be superior but also much more confusing for the average user IMO.

I agree that the obligated Knowledge Base concept sucks when you just want to download drivers. It's not as straightforward as it should be, too.

1) Added the 6.5 WDM driver to D\G\A\6 in DriverPack Graphics B.
2) The WDM driver is missing in Catalyst 6.9 (the WDM_SP directory in the driver, that is), I'll keep on using the one from Catalyst 6.6, since that's the latest version in which it was included (although it's the same driver as the on in Catalyst 6.5, it has not been updated since 2004!). The WDM driver in the directory AVS_T200 is however still included in Catalyst 6.9, so I will keep on updating that driver.
3) I HAVE included the latest AVS_T200 WDM driver in DriverPack Graphics A 6.09.

Conclusion: one WDM driver was missing, NONE were outdated.

2) The WDM driver is missing in Catalyst 6.9 (the WDM_SP directory in the driver, that is), I'll keep on using the one from Catalyst 6.6, since that's the latest version in which it was included (although it's the same driver as the on in Catalyst 6.5, it has not been updated since 2004!). The WDM driver in the directory AVS_T200 is however still included in Catalyst 6.9, so I will keep on updating that driver.

Either I'm totally off and missed the huge thing that explains it all or there is indeed a version difference, as I posted...

DriverVer=04/04/2006, 6.14.10.1064
VS
DriverVer=07/06/2006, 6.14.10.1073

Or what is that file in the WDM dir for?

I'll guess I'll have to sleep over this first big_smile

Anyway, just checked and the WDM dir is indeed missing from the *FULL* file yikes

How could that happen?
Good thing I didn't update yet (no new MMC, no updating, my simple rules wink)

Or did they simply move the files to the main dir?
Because I do recognize a few files from there (AVS_T200.ini, atirt2xp.inf, ...)
Version included is DriverVer=08/01/2006, 6.14.10.1074, btw, just for comparison's sake.
So it's newer than that of 6.8.

Conclusion: one WDM driver was missing, NONE were outdated.

Hm, I'd really like to believe you but I'm not convinced, yet ;P

Guess I will have to try it for myself... wink

I have updated the WDM driver included in ATI's 6.09 Catalyst (the .1074 version) in the new DriverPack Graphics A indeed. So don't worry, it's updated wink

I have updated the WDM driver included in ATI's 6.09 Catalyst (the .1074 version) in the new DriverPack Graphics A indeed. So don't worry, it's updated wink

Yeah, fear not, I fully trust in your competence and skill smile