Topic: removed

*link removed*

Damian

Last edited by Damian666 (2012-12-04 09:52:02)

Re: removed

Thanks for your contribution.  I've had a look at it.  Pretty cool.  Shame that aria2c app is so big.
What language did you code it in?  I may be able to add some of that functionality into SAD2 using their script API.
Does your utility update the dht.dat file automatically or do you grab that manually?

Our forum software doesn't support "advanced" features like [spoiler] tags. wink

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

thanx man :-)

i coded it in autoit,  and you're welcome to use anything to make sad better.

on that note, i always wondered why sad was'nt recoded with a Gui...

and yes, i know the torrent client is big, i cant seem to compress it, nor did i find a better or smaller one, most are linux builds.

the dht file is'nt updated by the program, but could be if i had a direct link.

Damian

edit, whoohoo, got a sticky xd

Last edited by Damian666 (2012-08-10 09:34:26)

Wild!  Indeed imbued with a high degree of wowness!  smile
How would one enable this in conjunction with SAD2 during install?

Community-minded members are always welcomed here.

Welcome!

You could kick it off with an optional "start /wait..." command.  It would be nice to integrate that functionality directly within SAD2 but you wouldn't have the pretty GUI. wink
Also, the resulting code would be huge.  This is a nice compromise.

@Damian666, if you want to take a stab at recoding SAD2 in Autoit you are welcome to try.  The code is open source and you can do what you want with it.  All the methodology/comments are in there, you'd just need to translate it.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

i can make some minor adjustments, so the program accepts cmdline options.

that way when ya call it from sad, it opens, sets the winver and arch, and starts updating if needed, then closes.

and yes, perhaps ill indeed take a stab at rewriting sad itself, no offence, but cmd scripts are so pre 2000 xd

ok, updated program to 1.1

now needed files are packed in the program itself, more portable.

also, when ya call it with 1,2 or 3 as cmdline option, it opens, loads up, checks updates, and closes. smile

Damian

updated to 1.2,

just some small fixes and made the program more descriptive in what its doing with some added text.

Damian

so no bugs to report or features to ask?

damn i'm good xd

Here's some possibilities that could be debated &/or considered:

a)  Instead of "Version", could that column be called "Version/Date"?  (for the 'newbs)

b)  How about a request for the removal of the Monitors package, too?  (reason --> obsolescence)
  They are only useful AFIK to those with non-standard cables (no I2C comm. for EDID), and even then auto-detection is not likely.  Some .Inf files are out of date and several may have inaccurate timings (esp. LG - if included).  Also, many color profiles are using the XP model for color info, rather than the newer profiles - possibly causing problems where there were none before.  Most modern displays can correctly use the sRGB profile (incl. w. Windows - probably 8 too, not sure of standard supported though).  If that profile is utilized, the display's menu settings should reflect the relevant color profile.  .Reg files are an alternative way to install custom timings without breaking driver signing (esp. HDMI 1.4 passthru via HDMI 1.3 A/V receiver - from what i've read).

c)  on XP_x86, i receive a "Error" window stating "no internet detected, closing." as i type this (executed from drive D; the %systemroot% is C:\WINDOWS).  I note that you make no claims to XP compatibility.  If it's the torrent module (&/or security) that is at issue, could the program have the internet features disable-able?
  None of the DP's in the same folder are detected as 'local', BTW.   hmm

Thank you again for your consideration & community support (that goes for you too, mr_smartepants)!
  I have read how an "author's" job is too-often a thankless one.

"Austin Powers" exclaimed, yet not likely wrote:

"Stand up and take a bow!  Yeah!"       smile

Last edited by TechDud (2012-09-07 16:57:37)

What is SAD ?
I have put your exe in my drivers pack directory and nothing is found.

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=5336

Thank you.

Hello
I wanted to appreciate for the time and effort you put into creating this program.
this seems pretty cool, but I'm kinda lost and don't know how to use it .
I ran the program but it keep saying " no driverpacks file" , then it show the drivers on the right windows and nothing on the left.
can I also use this program to add new drivers that I have downloaded from manufacture"s website and still use the SADV2-11118 scrip to install them on my univesal images?

Thanks

this only works in conjuntion with the SAD script, place this In the folder where the DP_Install_Tool.cmd is, and it will work just fine.

I ran the DP-updater and after it finished updating, it deleted all my drivers from my Hard drive.
looks like I uploaded my driverpacks file to remote location.
whay did this happen?
thanks

There are also few drivers that I need to add to driver packs drivers,
Do you know how to do this or can you write a program to this?
by that I mean adding non existing drivers to driver pack by downloading them from manufacture website.
i have problem on few pc that driverpacks can't install drivers for sound , video, AMT and TPM  and I have to install them manually.
Thanks

there placed in the sad script driver folders.

Don't work with proxy.

First things first, major props to Damian666 for this tool. Also thanks again to mr_smartepants for SAD2. Thanks so much, you two.

TechDud wrote:

Instead of "Version", could that column be called "Version/Date"?  (for the 'newbs)

Agreed.

Would you please add the option to select where each folder is located? Even a ini file that needed edited manually would be fine. That would give this tool so much more flexibility.

Have you had luck with automatically updating the dht.dat file? Last I read you needed some info.

Any chance you will release the code for others to learn/help?

Thanks again!

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/qRi-6bSxUY_t4ZJ4TTzZb_mfY2Kr8TTYx9fCIGsvH1s/perpetual:forever/userbar/donator-2.png

sorry for being away so long, life came in xd

i updated the program, now you can select the folder where the packs are.

renamed version to date.

some other small stuff.

Damian

bump

Last edited by dziubek (2012-11-30 01:00:12)

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/Vi-VfNVo2-n3OpKsB4llVKFIQfdM7s85pIh1ua1bdSA/perpetual:forever/userbar/translator-3.png

http://images49.fotosik.pl/1717/ca94460af3e10e6cm.jpg

The program doesn't detect my Internet connection, tested on windows xp sp3

1. Nod32 firewall turned off.
2. DP-Updater.exe placed in a folder and still get a window with a choice of directory

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/Vi-VfNVo2-n3OpKsB4llVKFIQfdM7s85pIh1ua1bdSA/perpetual:forever/userbar/translator-3.png

damn windows xp xd

ill check it out man, also, remove trailing slash from path in settings.

Damian666 wrote:

damn windows xp xd

ill check it out man, also, remove trailing slash from path in settings.

sorry for the slash.... :>
I added it manually and I forgot to remove before taking a screenshot.