Topic: [CLOSED] SiS Onboard GFX not installing

I've been tasked with re-building some clone machines at work, and i'm having a problem with the graphics on a particular mobo.
As far as I can tell, the motherboard is a 'Asrock GE PRO-HT'. Windows installs fine using the DriverPacks, network etc is cool but it has no display adapter (i.e. 'Default Monitor on ...'). I've tried manually installing what i think are the right drivers, but I get a 'Device Cannot Start' message. I'm totally fed up with it all yikes(

I've tried a whole range of SiS onboard GFX drivers and I get the same message.

Anyone help at all?

Re: [CLOSED] SiS Onboard GFX not installing

Did you slipstream DriverPack Graphics B? All SiS GPU's should be covered by it.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

I've slipstreamed all driverpacks so i'm guessing it would find it if it was there. I got round the problem by re-installing the OS without the driverpacks installed at all. As far as I can tell, driverpacks may have installed the wrong chipset drivers, and that seemed to throw the rest off.

Although in saying that, I might be talking out of my bottom.

Thanks anyway smile

Normally I follow up also the issues for which the owners already have found a work-around, but seemingly I lost track of this one: sorry for the late reply.

I'm sure we'd have found the exact cause, but it seems you're happy with the work-around. If you would still be able to post the HWID of your SiS GPU, that could be very useful if somebody stumbles upon the same issue in the future. And if you'd like to track the exact cause, you're welcome to, of course.

EDIT: closed due to lack of a response.

Last edited by Bâshrat the Sneaky (2007-02-12 05:06:36)

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com