Topic: DPFinisher deleting temporary folder

...is there any particular reason DPFinisher does this?

I've just spent a very, very long time working out why my custom temp folder with it's custom desktop.ini was being removed during setup. I can understand tidying up, but culling the whole folder is somewhat excessive. I'd go so far as to suggest you shouldn't be deleting any folders you didn't create!

I tried setting the folder as system, read only and hidden...but it still gets deleted.

Last edited by mr_jrt (2012-01-25 10:04:50)

Re: DPFinisher deleting temporary folder

AFAIK, the DriverPacks Finisher only deletes the %systemdrive%\D\ folder.  So as long you don't put anything in the \D\ folder you should be fine.
Are you sure your not integrating CCleaner for autoscan?  It deletes the temp dir by default. (just a thought)

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

It's definitely DPFinisher that's deleting my %SystemDrive%\Tmp folder - I confirmed in the DPFinisher log. What's this CCleaner?

...my process was clean ISO -> slipstream sp3 -> nlite -> add svcpack customisations -> customise infs -> driverpacks.

I'll have to check the code and see .. and it's late here and i won't do it now...
but it may be that the finisher does create a folder called Tmp big_smile.
and then deletes it beliving it is it's own folder. That is not a native windows folder wink

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

OverFlow wrote:

I'll have to check the code and see .. and it's late here and i won't do it now...
but it may be that the finisher does create a folder called Tmp big_smile.
and then deletes it beliving it is it's own folder. That is not a native windows folder wink

Cheers. IIRC, I found a bug report stating the tmp folder was left behind and the fix was to just always delete it.

Anyway, I've replaced the call to dpfinisher.exe with a batch script that renames my folder before starting dpfinisher and renames it back afterwards wink