Re: [REL] [x86, 32 bit] ALL DriverPack's Repacked

DP_SmartCardReader_wnt5_x86-32_702.7z MD5 08472a6d110966432685657459dec829

DP_PrintersHP_wnt5_x86-32_706.7z MD5 b9fa91bb7144a8fc156328667038631c

NEW DP_TouchScreen_wnt5_x86-32_701.7z MD5 479913ec9cbf0c90769982824ede114f
(setup.exe's included as needed for ELO serial driven touchscreen)

UPDATED DP_Modem_wnt5_x86-32_708.7z MD5 b8e3a535756d4bc65c43215db69c6cad
-added \c\15\ and \c\16\ for new connexant modems

Last edited by chud (2007-08-11 22:33:32)

chud wrote:

DP_SmartCardReader_wnt5_x86-32_702.7z MD5 08472a6d110966432685657459dec829

DP_PrintersHP_wnt5_x86-32_706.7z MD5 b9fa91bb7144a8fc156328667038631c

NEW DP_TouchScreen_wnt5_x86-32_701.7z MD5 479913ec9cbf0c90769982824ede114f
(setup.exe's included as needed for ELO serial driven touchscreen)

UPDATED DP_Modem_wnt5_x86-32_708.7z MD5 b8e3a535756d4bc65c43215db69c6cad
-added \c\15\ and \c\16\ for new connexant modems

Hey, thanks for that, I updated the first post accordingly.
However, you're still not giving quite the proper info, I'm afraid.

The hashes supplied are great, however, packed and unpacked size would be nice, too smile

Also, you do not seem to follow the naming convention properly.
It goes like Y.MM.DD, for instance, a pack created today would be 7.08.11.
Using the date in the name has the great advantage to you can easily compare which pack is newer without having to check the CREATED attribute (which can get messed up).
If you would create a second (hotfix?) pack today, just put another figure behind it, like Y.MM.DD.rev (=7.08.11.2).
Only if we all stick to this convention, confusion will be kept at a minimum!

It may work otherwise if only a single person is working on this but for a loose teamwork project like this, it is imperative to stick to it!

Thridly, you didn't name any folder structure.
As I haven't DL'ed the packs myself yet, I couldn't update the listing.
This is also important for anyone who wants to create a totally new pack and has to choce a free subfoer designation.

Once again, thanks for all your effords, but if you don't pay enough attention to these "rules" it could all be in vain! hmm

DriverPack SmartCard Readers: 7.02 gives me 404

the correct link is http://3rdpartydriverpacks.thesneaky.co … -32_702.7z

Last edited by AJenbo (2007-08-12 04:49:43)

Helmi:

Sorry I didn't know that was the date, seems hard to read to me, being back to front - the tutorial just says to name them;
DP_myDriverPacksNameWithoutSpaces_wnt5_x86-32_myVersionSystem.7z

I had just incremeted with next logical looking number, maybe why people just end up putting 'mod' after things they changed as they don't know?

I just put all the other info into a post but once again this board stopped working yet again for a few mins so it was all lost when I hit submit (happens about 30% of the time)
Iv'e renamed the Touchscreen to end with an 8, MD5 stays same - folder is \TS\

Last edited by chud (2007-08-12 05:09:02)

AJenbo wrote:

DriverPack SmartCard Readers: 7.02 gives me 404

the correct link is http://3rdpartydriverpacks.thesneaky.co … -32_702.7z

Yes, you are correct.
Sorry about that.
The "problem" is, I am taking the links directly from the FTP which has a different (longer) file structure than on the HTTP server.
I simply missed to cut the additional part out...

chud wrote:

Helmi:

Sorry I didn't know that was the date, seems hard to read to me, being back to front - the tutorial just says to name them;
DP_myDriverPacksNameWithoutSpaces_wnt5_x86-32_myVersionSystem.7z

Oh, ok.
I haven't had a look at that for some time and I didn't write it myself...
We had that discussion a while ago and basically setttled on the date version system because a) it goes along with the official packs and b) is probably the best way to do this (if you have an ingeniously better idea, feel free to share wink).

As for the date being hard to read, that'S just because you aren't used to it.
The YYYY-MM-DD format is actually an ISO norm.
It is better than the DD-MM-YYYY format and indefinately better than the totally obscure and illogical US system of MM-DD-YYYY...
The reason for this is simple, you can sort by the file name.
As the year comes first, it will be sorted by that first, then by month, then by day.
Therefore, you can easily see which one is the newest and which the oldest.
This cannot be done in any of the other two systems!

I had just incremeted with next logical looking number, maybe why people just end up putting 'mod' after things they changed as they don't know?

Yeah, maybe.
I thought it was kind of self-explanatory, but I guess it isn't quite hmm

I will update the tutorial accordingly, then.

I just put all the other info into a post but once again this board stopped working yet again for a few mins so it was all lost when I hit submit (happens about 30% of the time)

I know, I know...
Nothing I could do about that (Bâshrat the Sneaky to the rescue!).
The workaround is as simple as effective:
[CTRL]+[A], [CTRL]+[C].
If it doesn't work, hit back on your browser and press [CTRL]+[V]... wink

Iv'e renamed the Touchscreen to end with an 8, MD5 stays same - folder is \TS\

First post updated with the info, thanks for supplying! smile

ooops! - made a mistake in last modem pack, culled a needed HFXsetup.exe file, uploaded with missing file back in.
md5: 5d9e50a04e3a5a9bbc62361dceb28deb
file: DP_Modem_wnt5_x86-32_70815.7z
7z size: 13,383,330 bytes
uncompressed size: 84,201,655 bytes

new modem pack
00D92392A710DDF02674C275AEBDE7A0
DP_Modem_wnt5_x86-32_70821.7z

chud wrote:

new modem pack
00D92392A710DDF02674C275AEBDE7A0
DP_Modem_wnt5_x86-32_70821.7z

OP updated.

Any changes? wink

hehe support for Dell 'Novotell Wireless Merlin USB' which covers lots of wireless (3G) type things in newer lattitude laptops - more info in the support file in the 7z

chud wrote:

more info in the support file in the 7z

I guessed that, but ususally it's nice to see beforehand if anything important (for one's own HW) has changed smile

whoever made the latest monitor pack (070818) has screwed the root path up, can it be removed from FTP so no one else just wastes an hour on a rebuild with it like i just did, grrr

If you actually rebuilt it, why don't you just upload it and replace it yourself? wink

That would certainly be the easiest and fasted option as you seem to have noticed it first.

Besides, I always trust in your own good measurement and QA.
I do not check each release before I edit in the links.
While I do use all of them, it may take a while I actually notice such things (if at all) so I can only urge every contributer to pay as much attention to a proper release as possible and maybe even test it if you have the proper HW.
Thanks!

whoever made the latest monitor pack (070818) has screwed the root path up, can it be removed from FTP so no one else just wastes an hour on a rebuild with it like i just did, grrr

It was fixed like 5 minutes after you mention it. big_smile Please don't bite me chud, I have sensitive skin...

sorry i was in a rush to go out and had just installed, sysprepped, ghosted it and on final test then realised path mistake and posted in haste smile

[REL] DP_Virtual_wnt5_x86-32_708.7z

Changelog:

7.08 (22 August 2007)

Changed
-VM\ removed vmscsi.inf / vmscsi.sys / vmscsi.cat They are already in the mass storage pack. (JakeLD)

DP_Virtual_wnt5_x86-32_708.7z
(MD5 Hash: E7052583D820CE41FB6E09257A5A531D)

Decompressed Size: 572 KB
Compressed Size: 140 KB

Please update the Misc and Monitor Driver pack link in the 1st post.

Monitor topic:
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=1905

Misc topic:
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=1912

Done and done.

Unfortunately, your naming scheme is still inconsintent and you also gave the wrong link for the Misc pack (it's Monitor actually).

Still thanks for the efford wink
Small steps lead to perfection, too smile

Helmi...you're right. I'll fix this and use the naming schem proposed in the FAQ by Bâshrat the Sneaky.
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=445

I cleaned my mess. You can now update the 1st post with the correct link for TV and Misc pack. big_smile

Last edited by JakeLD (2007-08-24 09:54:48)

JakeLD wrote:

Helmi...you're right. I'll fix this and use the naming schem proposed in the FAQ by Bâshrat the Sneaky.
http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=445

Good idea, but actually, it would be even better if you sticked to the naming scheme as proposed in the 3rd party DriverPack FAQ (which you can fined linked in my sig) as we are also using the day as the last figure.
This is better (IMO) because there happen to work a lot more guys on the dp3ps than on the official packs and sometimes the changelog isn't too great (forgotten, didn't know how to do irt right etc) so you can better check for the latest version (i.e. you are currently working on one, then someone updates it, so you need to know which is more recent).

I cleaned my mess. You can now update the 1st post with the correct link for TV and Misc pack. big_smile

So, any new links or such?

Please, I hate having to search for everything by myself wink
(otherwise, it's a quick and dirty copy&paste job to update the first post... smile)

Just refer to the FTP... As a forum moderator you should know this. big_smile Can I have the right to edit the post instead ? I won't have to bother you plus I update the DP like once a day or so....

Last edited by JakeLD (2007-08-27 12:34:24)

I'm getting a 404 Not Found when trying to download the Monitor, Misc, and TV DriverPacks.

If the topics for the Monitor and Misc DriverPacks from the links JakeLD are up-to-date, the download links for each should be:

Monitor:  http://3rdpartydriverpacks.thesneaky.co … _070827.7z

Misc:  http://3rdpartydriverpacks.thesneaky.co … -32_708.7z

I was able to download from those links.  I don't know where the DriverPack TV topic is located.

http://d1syubgj0w3cyv.cloudfront.net/cdn/farfuture/5ocSdUxUxrK5g8rfTm7_39bPWgBMWiteXNH4McROrNw/perpetual:forever/userbar/mainteam-1.png

the TV pack was not named 709... it is not even september, but for the this one I changed its name from 7081 to 709 (its date was 70823)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

JakeLD wrote:

Just refer to the FTP... As a forum moderator you should know this. big_smile

I do know this, but it is a bit bothersome, becase for me it never displays the full file name in the overview so it is a bit hard to check for new files.
Also, nothing beats simply c&p'ing some info wink

I'll just open the main post in one tab and the latest in another and work from there!

Just did that with your Monitor pack, btw, so first post has been updated.

Can I have the right to edit the post instead ?

I doubt that is possible.
You could be made a moderator for this forum, though, just talk to Bâshrat the Sneaky about it.
That's more than fine by me! smile

What we could do otherwise is that you create a new thread with all the info from the first one (use "quote" to obtain the "raw" code of it). As you're the creator then, you should be able to edit your own post.
But that would mean twig123 would lose this functionality, so it's certainly not the best option...

I won't have to bother you plus I update the DP like once a day or so....

Nah, none of you are "bothering" me.
After all, I volunteered for this job, so I won't start complaining.
It's just that I can't make it in here each and every day so some updates may get postponed...

Anyway, as a general idea, because once again someone "complained" about invalid links:
I would suggest that you put the new file into the main folder on the FTP but not remove the older file until the links in the first post got updated.
That way, all the links will remain intact, and you can always link to your new file in a separate post for those that want to use the latest version.
Then, whenever the first post got updated, the updater or the creator can then move the old (now redundant) file to the /old dir.
Comments?

that's fine with me, thanks for your help.

Maybe you could add this link to the 1st post ?

http://3rdpartydriverpacks.thesneaky.co … 2/?C=M;O=A

I class the downloads by date so I know which one is most recent, plus if we update the 1st post links couple of days after an update is released people can still access the file by using the ftp link.

chud wrote:

hehe support for Dell 'Novotell Wireless Merlin USB' which covers lots of wireless (3G) type things in newer lattitude laptops - more info in the support file in the 7z

Hi
this ought to be in wireless then, right?

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.