Topic: ROE Path Configuration for sysprep (X: drive?)

Hello,

Been messing around with DriverPacks and the many DriverPacks/sysprep guides out there.  Many thanks to the DriverPacks team, an amazing idea implemented well (so for so good at least!).

I have everything set up and running as desired, except for one thing.  When I run ROE.exe to create the registry entry it creates the appropriate key; however, the value points at a network drive I have.  Instead of being 'C:\DPsFnshr.exe' it creates the key with the value 'X:\DPsFnshr.exe'.  Needless to say, this drive does not exist on the machines we're deploying.  How can I change the value ROE creates?

I know I could (fairly easily) create a script/registry key to create/change the appropriate key.  However, I'm kind of just the setup guy, I won't be the one using these tools to re-image machines.  And, I would like to stick as close to on-line documentation as possible (they won't bother to read the documentation I'll give them; but, they'll google it) if a problem/change arises.

Thanks.

Re: ROE Path Configuration for sysprep (X: drive?)

ROE is designed / written for a single purpose... it is not meant to be used as a stand alone tool. It does what it is meant to do and that is it.

If you are able to use / adapt it for for some other purpose it would just be dumb luck.

Sorry.

A very good question sir!

Welcome to DriverPacks.net

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
The DriverPacks, the DP_Base program, and Support Forum are FREE!.

From what I was reading I was under the impression that it's sole purpose was to create:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\RunOnceEx\937\1
with a value of:  C:\DPsFnshr.exe
(937 to be replaced with whatever value you pass it upon running)

I was more confused as to how it got a different drive letter, X:\DPsFnshr.exe.

well it will normally be run from c:\

Is that where it is run from?

I did not write it and don't have the source... i ASSUME it pulls %systemdrive%.
However it may simply return the current drive letter. Are you running it from the X: drive?
Again I don't have the source and did not write it.

We have been using it for almost ten years and millions and millions of installs with zero reported errors.

the problem must be related to your usage of it ... I can only guess ... and i can't even do that because you have not told us what you are doing. At this point only you know that.

From rule #0 (Read BEFORE you post) Item #6
"6. Tell us what you did - Could we try to reproduce your issue ourselves just based on your first post?"

Um NO. I cannot at this point sit down at my machine and reproduce this issue.

At this point your guess is BETTER than mine.

All I am left with is you are doing something that millions of users before you have not.

GIGO

DP BartPE Tutorial   DP_BASE Tutorial   HWID's Tool     Read BEFORE you post    UserBars!

Downloaded DriverPack Base and the driver packs I wanted.
Extracted Base to C:\DriverPacks
Copied C:\DriverPacks\DPsFnshr.ini to C:\
Extracted C:\DriverPacks\bin\DPsFnshr.7z to C:\
Copied C:\DriverPacks\bin\wnt5_x86-32\ROE.exe to C:\sysprep
Extracted C:\DriverPacks\bin\wnt5_x86-32\M2.7z to ..\M2
Copied C:\DriverPacks\bin\wnt5_x86-32\M2\DevPath.exe to C:\
Extracted packs to C:\
Ran from C:\, 'DevPath.exe C:\D'
Ran from C:\sysprep, 'ROE.exe 937'
Checked key HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\RunOnceEx\937\1

No worries, though.  I'll either figure it out or write a script to handle it.  I very much agree that there is something different that I am doing.  Was thinking if someone had the source in front of them they could say, 'Oh, that path comes from this code right here.  It determines the path by ...'.  Thanks for reading!

If my hunch is correct (disclaimer: I don't use sysprep), then when minisetup is run on the target machine it loads a ram-drive at X:\ and executes certain utilities from there to the target system.  That may be your culprit.
Of course I may be 100% wrong and someone versed in sysprep lore will prove me to be an idiot. big_smile
...moving thread to the sysprep side of the house...

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

try running roe from c:\