Re: [FIXED in 7.06] Chipset 6.0.8 locks up Dell Optiplex GX520

jtdoom,

Okay, I can confirm the following models from Dell that work like a charm with no issues that you can strike off the list, but I used M2 when building my unattended XP disk with DriverPacks integrated. Let me know if you need me to build a new unattended XP disk with the DriverPacks using M1 and I will do this list again with that test. Anyway, here are the models I tested...

Dell Dimension 5100 Desktop
Dell Dimension 5150 Desktop
Dell Dimension 9100 Desktop
Dell Dimension 9150 Desktop
Dell OptiPlex GX 520 Desktop
Dell OptiPlex GX 620 Desktop
Dell OptiPlex GX 740 Desktop
Dell Precision 390 Desktop
Dell Precision 490 Desktop
Dell Latitude D420 Laptop
Dell Latitude D520 Laptop
Dell Latitude D620 Laptop

We don't carry any Dell Inspiron Laptops to test since they are not business class or any of the newer Latitudes just yet, maybe in another 3 months we will get those in but for now this is all I can do. Let me know if there is anything else I can do or test to assist in.

Once again, I would like to thank the DP team for all of their hard work on this project. It makes my life a lot easier.

Thanks Chris.
strike
Dell Dimension 5100 Desktop smile
Dell Dimension 5150 Desktop smile
Dell Dimension 9100 Desktop
Dell Dimension 9150 Desktop
Dell OptiPlex GX 520 Desktop smile
Dell OptiPlex GX 620 Desktop smile
Dell OptiPlex GX 740 Desktop
Dell Precision 390 Desktop
Dell Precision 490 Desktop
Dell Latitude D420 Laptop
Dell Latitude D520 Laptop smile
Dell Latitude D620 Laptop smile

I am glad now.. that's a good many smile smile smile
--------------

I think we can conclude the topic title can change.
I am not going to force you to also do tests with Method one, but if you want to do method 1 for reasons of your own, please tell it to use QSC.

Mr_smartepants has worked very hard on all three graphics DriverPacks, and finished three testpacks today.
There is a topic in Graphics forum where he asks people to test them.
I see some lDell Latitude laptops in your list, and current version of Graphics seems to have have a problem with some.. My very own attempt to solve the issue was not good.
I do not know wether you have problems (you could be using a modified pack) but we do need testing of those  newest testpacks for graphics.

hint, hint. smile

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Dell OptiPlex GX 520 Desktop
Doesnt work here (608)

EDIT:

I tested not with latest pack.
I edited the topic title now.

Didnt tested it with 7.06

jtdoom wrote:

Mr_smartepants has worked very hard on all three graphics DriverPacks, and finished three testpacks today.

Yeah, and my wife is very angry with me too. smile

jtdoom wrote:

I see some Dell Latitude laptops in your list, and current version of Graphics seems to have have a problem with some.. My very own attempt to solve the issue was not good.

<speaks through scotch induced haze>
I will try to fix this over the next week.  No promises but I will try my best.  Dell does some freaky things with their drivers that I need to figure out first.

Read BEFORE you post.  HWID tool   DriverPacks Tutorial   DONATE!
http://driverpacks.net/userbar/admin-1.png
Not all heroes wear capes, some wear Kevlar!

I stupidly deleted (shift-DEL) the folder where I had modified NV4_go.inf.. for a shorlived testpack. sad
---------------------
Adding the nvucode.bin and dell's (lightly modified for version references in the INF) did not work.
My conclusion on that is that it did not like the somewhat newer Nvidia files. sad

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Yes, not every device had its driver from the DP repository when the install was completed from the XP unattended disk. There was 1 sound that I had to go back and install the driver for, and a couple of video devices that weren’t picked up either, no biggie. I was just extremely ecstatic the ich7 issue was finally resolved and there was no more continuous loop reboot at the NT Loader Phase of XP when the unattended was finished with these models of Dell’s that we have, which we have a lot of with the ich7. So now I am able to start using the disk again for builds with these workstations. If I had a few device drivers missing it is the least of my worries even if I had to go back and grab a couple of drivers from Dell and do a little work on my end. Also, once I seen the setuperr log was clean and empty with no issues during XP setup. I’d figure I would be nit-picking you guys over driver misses and I am just not much of a complainer. I know you guys will eventually get the DP’s updated with these drivers here and there and don’t need us posting over ever little thing. I certainly don’t want to piss-off the hand that is feeding us users of the great product you guys produce.

Now, if you need me to inform you of ever little missed driver, no problem and I can do that. To me I’d would just post when I have a serious problem, like the one with the DP chipset with the ich7 issue and XP not finishing a successful boot upon setup.

I will build another disk this time using M1 using QSC, no problem. If it helps you guys out to continue to develop and I will let you know a very detailed report of what it missed with each one. I will post my detailed report in about a week.

Please stay ontopic....

Thank you ;0

we are.
topic title says chip6.8 but we are in forum,
the chipset problem is crossing many versions,
I am GLAD I could HELP solve it.
Feedbak was crucial.
Had this been CLOSED then there were no solution, because I would never have seen this topic..
(no - not yet) and (never - later. Because it would have been mentioned again)

Ok, I do know what you mean too.
Man, a peer meet with Erik is crossforum but has to be possible for quick exchange.

And then, Chris has become one of our newest testers and networkmaestro will post importan data here.
Faik, networkmaestro knows more than I do.
We are lucky he posts.
do not close.

Last edited by jtdoom (2007-07-02 11:37:02)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

i cant download any pack from this site there is a way to download the packs?

Hi, welcome to DriverPacks
It is fixed.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.