Re: [FIXED in 7.06] Chipset 6.0.8 locks up Dell Optiplex GX520

networkmaestro wrote:

Quick question, is NOT FIXABLE the same as CLOSED or RESOLVED? Meaning, it is never going anywhere? The solution is to use the out dated driverpack chipset? I have a Dell OptiPlex GX620. I am experiencing the exact same issue as described in this thread. Also, this issue appears with Dell 5100 & 5150 Dimension series also. I am hoping this trend does not continue as the series number increases with the Dell branded Dimension and OptiPlex GX boxes.

You've misunderstood the problem.

The problem is that it only works with an older driver than the newest. So we have to either drop support for all new Intel chipset devices, or support all devices except the Dell GX620, which must containt a custom Intel chipset or something, since it's so far the only device that doesn't work well with the Intel chipset drivers.

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

This is also an issue with my Asus P5W DH, which also has the ICH7R chipset, running RAID. I just tried an install using the new 7.04 set, and same thing... sad

Asus P5W DH Deluxe * Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 w/ CoolerMaster Hyper TX * G.Skill F2-6400CL4D-1GBPK * BFG GeForce 8800 GTS w/640 MB * Creative Audigy2 ZS Platinum * 3 x Seagate 120 GB SATA * Lite-On SHM-165H6S * Toshiba SD-5372 * Rosewill 600W Modular PSU * Black ThermalTake Shark * SyncMaster 225BW 22

masterwolfe, can you please give us a link to driver that works?
I want to look at the supported HWIDs in that one.

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

jtdoom wrote:

masterwolfe, can you please give us a link to driver that works?
I want to look at the supported HWIDs in that one.

Sorry it took me a while to check back... It works fine using the 6.05 chipset driver pack.

Asus P5W DH Deluxe * Intel Core 2 Duo E6400 w/ CoolerMaster Hyper TX * G.Skill F2-6400CL4D-1GBPK * BFG GeForce 8800 GTS w/640 MB * Creative Audigy2 ZS Platinum * 3 x Seagate 120 GB SATA * Lite-On SHM-165H6S * Toshiba SD-5372 * Rosewill 600W Modular PSU * Black ThermalTake Shark * SyncMaster 225BW 22

yesterday I downloaded the intel INF installer listed at Asus, for the type of mobo you listed.

in DP 8.00.1008, at asus 7.00.1020
>edit> the HWIDs? same... Strange, huh?

I'l have to look wether I have a copy of DP chips 605.

Last edited by jtdoom (2007-04-09 06:44:57)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I never use the Asus drivers, always use the latest from Intel or whomever smile. I love Asus hardware, although it seems to be headed downhill a bit, but they rarely keep their drivers updated. I'm sure it's a compatibility testing thing, but nonetheless...

I just corrected that post, I looked a bit harder..

DP has the newer, 8.00.1008 is newer than 7.00.1020 (asus)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

what's bugging me is that they are just INF files (and their cat)
no sys files are copied at all.

your jmicron chip, is that installed correctly?

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

I don't use the jmicron, just the ICH7R, so I have it disabled in the BIOS. I am not well versed in the intricacies of drivers sad so I'm not sure what has changed... you guys can baffle me easily big_smile I'm just a user who enjoys the convenience of driver packs and slipstreaming wink and spends waaaaaay too much time building and rebuilding (both hardware and software wise) this machine and my gal's.

i'm having the same problems here, so is the solution to just have a slipstream for all other computers and another slipstream for the GX520 and GX620 (with chipset 6.05)?

Hello all!  This thread has been the missing puzzle piece to a project I've been working on for work.  Without it, I would have kept going around and around in a giant oval!  By using the 6.05 Chipset driver pack along with the updated driver packs (7.04), I finally have been able to make a universal unattended XP slip w/ drivers & 3rd-party apps for the Dell machines within my department.  Since the disc's creation, I've successfully tested the slip on a Dell Optiplex GX520, Latitude E105, and an Inspiron 6400.  If the disc continues to be successful with the Dells, then it will become the department's stock installation disc!

@Bashrat, Thanks for the driver packs... I've talked to my supervisor to see what we can do to to support driverpacks project.

Peter
Chemistry & Biochemistry IT Services
University of Texas at Austin

I'm having this same problem, but with a Dimension 9100. It's driving me nuts. I guess I'll remove the chipset driver pack and see what that does. sad

edit: Okay, I just read through this thread, and I did some more extensive troubleshooting (I'm limited, though, seeing as how I can't really do anything on that computer).

Anyway, I have narrowed down my problem to most likely having something to do with a networking issue. I figured this out by plugging in a separate PCI wifi card. The Dell did not boot regularly with that card, but it did allow me to boot into safe mode, but not safe mode with networking. In order to narrow it down even more, I pulled out the network card and boot into safe mode, and it still booted into safe mode, but not safe mode with networking. Then I reinstalled windows again without that card, and the system does not into any flavor of safe mode.

I'm not sure if that information is helpful to you guys, but that's where I stand thus far. I'll try it with the older chipset drivers now.

Last edited by dumpydooby (2007-05-31 06:22:23)

Hi
This info is useful.

6.05 had 119 files for XP in intel chipset, and later versions of Intel drivers dropped support for old stuff.

This is a TEST version, built on May30th.
http://users.pandora.be/jtdoom/DP_Chips … 59test1.7z

If this works, let us know, please?

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

jtdoom,

the file isn't available any more, I'd like to test this if possible - could you make it available once again?

Thanks

Narag

chipset706test1

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Thanks, I'm going to test it tomorrow ...

CBITS wrote:

Hello all!  This thread has been the missing puzzle piece to a project I've been working on for work.  Without it, I would have kept going around and around in a giant oval!  By using the 6.05 Chipset driver pack along with the updated driver packs (7.04), I finally have been able to make a universal unattended XP slip w/ drivers & 3rd-party apps for the Dell machines within my department.  Since the disc's creation, I've successfully tested the slip on a Dell Optiplex GX520, Latitude E105, and an Inspiron 6400.  If the disc continues to be successful with the Dells, then it will become the department's stock installation disc!

@Bashrat, Thanks for the driver packs... I've talked to my supervisor to see what we can do to to support driverpacks project.

Peter
Chemistry & Biochemistry IT Services
University of Texas at Austin

Hi,
I would sure like to know wether our latest release fixed this issue, for this release has more or less been implementing same thing CBITS did.
I downloaded just about all archived chipset drivers from Intel, and the latest.
Then I used those to build our fresh pack with NO OLD files missing, and the newer ones got added/overwrote older.
The SP folder was not present in latest INTEL driver, and latest driver supported all OSes.
I Kept the SP folders, tho, and because I intended to use a single folder for all OSes, I made sure each folder had all files in it that the other had. (They were all the same files, but one \SP folder had an extra file and that got included in the other \SP folders) .

Then I discovered I could not use a single folder (which I had calledl X86 in a private test version.), because when I tested this with Method 1, I got an error like <IN\XP folder missing> during slipstream.
((Using this X86 folder, building a Disc with Method 2 ran without problem.))

So, the release has same folder stucture it had, but all OLD files these machines might use are included, and this should finally solve this issue.

(this Intel update in Chipset and mass storage DriverPack aimed to solve the issues)

I'd like to hear feedback, so that this can maybe get the topic title change we all like to see.

Can we get rid of [NOT FIXABLE] ?
You tell us.

Last edited by jtdoom (2007-06-18 22:02:45)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

jtdoom,

it fixed the problem for me, on DELL GX620, thanks a lot.

wouild love to givethis a go if its a fix for the dells. ive got several models i can try this on..

Links above dont presently work for downloading the pack.

Hi
The current release has those updates in it.
---------------------------------------------------
btw, the error I reported about with M1 is apparently a QSC bug rather than a name-bug.
(when one does NOT use QSC in method 1, it gives an error even when folder is there with correct name.)

Since those Intel chips can be used from single folder, then it will become a single folder in a forseeable future.

Last edited by jtdoom (2007-06-21 21:50:51)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

OK ill give the offical new release a go..

cheers

I will build a new unattended XP today with the latest updated driverpacks and let you know if this NOT FIXABLE thread can be something of the past well at least for me anyway, don't know about others and can’t speak for them. I have access to just about every Dell that is made. The Dell Dimension 5000 series and up and Dell OptiPlex GX5, GX6 and GX7 series and up, were the ones I have issues with and needed to use DP Chipset v6.05 for success. Once built and tested on each box, I will post my finding with either success or failure of each one. If the hwids are needed from each one with the posting, please let me know or I will leave them out. I'll get back to you guys hopefully by the end of the week with my findings.

Thank you for your hard work DP Team.

Thanks,
if you can do this, all the better.

by the way, there is a problem with M1 if you run it WITHOUT QSC.
(and if I change Intel's foldernames, also when one uses M1 with QSC.)

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.

Hi....

Just thought I'd let you know that I had using the 6.05 chipset pack because I was having the same problem with Dell GX620......but the GX620 works fine now with the latest chipset release.

HTH.

Chris.

Thanks Chris.
strike 620 smile
--------------

I still want to strike the following off that list.

Asus P5W DH
Latitude E105
Precision 490
Dell Dimension 5100 & 5150
GX 520
Inspiron 6400.

All of which seem to have had issue with ICH7R.
Can anyone confirm the GX620 is not the only type this 7.06 release of chipset DriverPacks works on?

The answer was 42?
Kind regards, Jaak.