Re: [FIXED in 7.06] Chipset 6.0.8 locks up Dell Optiplex GX520

m3_del wrote:

Anyone?

Mail sent! wink

Founder of DriverPacks.net — wimleers.com

THanks!!!!

is it confirmed that the 6.05 with all the other 6.08 driver packs works fine on the dell GX620's etc..?

if so can somone mail me the 6.05 pack.     
many thanks

chiners_68

Last edited by chiners_68 (2006-11-08 00:34:58)

Today i had a dell optiplex520 and it locks  here also, no solution bashrat?

You must use the Intel Chipset driver from DriverPack Chipset 6.05, I'm afraid. I will upload the file to the server again and provide you with a permanent download link here, since it's been asked several times now.

Here's the download link: DP_Chipset_wnt5_x86-32_605.7z.

no way to downgrade this? cause now i need 2  xp's one with old and one with new pack

Ive used all the latest packs & 6.05 for chipset & it works a treat with 520's & 620's.

I have the same problem here... I hope a new version will solve this. For now I try to use version 605.

I have the same problem with DELL Precision 490 and ICH7, I only wonder where could that problem lie sad
Using Chipset Pack 6.05 solves the problem. Next week I'll do some experiments with newer drivers smile

Narag

Doesnt work with newest drivers here...

well I can confirm this issue still exists. Been banging my head think I did something wrong.
Can someone provide a link to a working download for 6.05? The one Bashrat posted above no longer works.

mrreload wrote:

well I can confirm this issue still exists. Been banging my head think I did something wrong.
Can someone provide a link to a working download for 6.05? The one Bashrat posted above no longer works.

The link does work again now wink

Sorry about that...the link to 6.05 doesn't work!  smile

I am no sure it can be called an elegant solution, but deleteing ich7id2.inf and ich7id2.pnf seems to do the job.

Does anyone have GX620 (or other affected Dell desktop) installed in a traditional way? Can you please go to device manager-Serial ATA Storage controller ... - and check "driver details"? Does it use intelide.sys or pciide.sys?

Tomek

Last edited by tomeks666 (2007-02-09 22:32:16)

Hi....

tomeks666 wrote:

I am no sure it can be called elegant solution, but deleteing ich7id2.inf and ich7is2.pnf seems to do the job.

Does anyone have GX620 (or other affected Dell desktop) installed in a traditional way? Can you please go to device manager-Serial ATA Storage controller ... - and check "driver details"? Does it use intelide.sys or pciide.sys?

Tomek

I have a GX620 which I had to install with Chipset pack 6.05......it seems to use pciide.sys for the SATA Controller.....

HTH

Chris.

cwbshaw wrote:

Hi....

I have a GX620 which I had to install with Chipset pack 6.05......it seems to use pciide.sys for the SATA Controller.....

HTH

Chris.

I have just read README.TXT file for Intel chipset update utility and is seems that Intel recommends to put just the main folder containing inf files on OemPnPDriversPath.

OemPnPDriversPath="DRIVERS\INTELINF"

So SP subfolder where ICH7ID2 file is located should not be processed at all. Probably DriverPack automatically includes SP folder because it is simply scanning all folders containing any inf files - but in this case it is a mistake that causes the problems we had.

Tomek

It could very well be that this topic is the same problem:

http://forum.driverpacks.net/viewtopic.php?id=678

Nope , is different problem Ruud

@Muiz,

well, there are similarities:

1. Both topics are about the ICH7 hardware.
2. The symptoms are the same, after the first reboot, after gui setup it freezes at the windows logo screen where the blue dots appear.
3. When the intel drivers are removed from the driverpack chipset the problem is no longer present, so the problem has to be in the latest dp chipset.

There are also differences:

1. In AHCI mode there is no problem.
2. The system does not lock up when i enter save mode.
3. The problem only occurs when RAID-AHCI mode is used.

Regrettably the system i tested this on is no longer available,
so i cannot test with DP chipset 6.05.

Last edited by ruudboek (2007-02-11 02:14:24)

I can get a optiplex 520 to test things if you want.

I have just read README.TXT file for Intel chipset update utility and is seems that Intel recommends to put just the main folder containing inf files on OemPnPDriversPath.

OemPnPDriversPath="DRIVERS\INTELINF"

So SP subfolder where ICH7ID2 file is located should not be processed at all. Probably DriverPack automatically includes SP folder because it is simply scanning all folders containing any inf files - but in this case it is a mistake that causes the problems we had.

Tomek

Interesting - might be worth following up. Ahem ... could perhaps one of the experts create a chipset pack with these modifications? I'd do it, but am lacking the skills required for that, sorry.

Quick question, is NOT FIXABLE the same as CLOSED or RESOLVED? Meaning, it is never going anywhere? The solution is to use the out dated driverpack chipset? I have a Dell OptiPlex GX620. I am experiencing the exact same issue as described in this thread. Also, this issue appears with Dell 5100 & 5150 Dimension series also. I am hoping this trend does not continue as the series number increases with the Dell branded Dimension and OptiPlex GX boxes.

No, NOT FIXABLE means exactly that, it is neyond our means to do anything about it (generally driver bug).
RESOLVED means it has been fixed by the DP Team so it works as intended now.

CLOSED simply means the thread/case is closed for whatever reason.
Can get reopened if applicable, though.